[Image] Here's a mockup of a better homepage ui

SmashSenpaiSmashSenpai
Hyper Universe Rep: 135
in Suggestions and Feedback
jXoHt9P.png

Points of interest.
  • Chat is front and center
  • NEW: Recently played. Shows players you last played with in case you leave the results screen too quickly.
  • Renamed tabs at the top of the screen
  • Useful buttons that used to be on opposite corners are now all located in the same location, near your avatar where there is also other useful info - your gold
  • Event icon is in a more noticeable, top-left corner of the screen. We read left to right, so important stuff should be on the left
  • Weekly rotation hypers are now on the bottom right, it's useful to look at once a week - not that important. Plus, we'll see it in character selection anyways.
  • Could squeeze in the notices on a banner near the bottom. Left it out because it looks too much like an ad.

Comments

• NaoNao
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,310
    jXoHt9P.png

Points of interest.
    • Chat is front and center
    • NEW: Recently played. Shows players you last played with in case you leave the results screen too quickly.
    • Renamed tabs at the top of the screen
    • Useful buttons that used to be on opposite corners are now all located in the same location, near your avatar where there is also other useful info - your gold
    • Event icon is in a more noticeable, top-left corner of the screen. We read left to right, so important stuff should be on the left
    • Weekly rotation hypers are now on the bottom right, it's useful to look at once a week - not that important. Plus, we'll see it in character selection anyways.
    • Could squeeze in the notices on a banner near the bottom. Left it out because it looks too much like an ad.

ill give a +1 but the default UI looks fine too
  • SmashSenpaiSmashSenpai
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    Nao wrote: »
    ill give a +1 but the default UI looks fine too

Default ui has a lot of empty space, which I tried to get rid of. The extremely small chat window was very uninviting and not suited for the large amount of users. If it were a private message, sure. But with potentially hundreds of players talking, a tiny chat box isn't going to cut it.
  • LingtseLingtse
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited May 10, 2017
    From my experience in publishing. It's never really a good idea to say "Better"especially about something that they've created because by that you're basically telling them they did something wrong by your opinion and could be taken as an insult.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to help .

But onto the design, I do think Profile over Account as Account usually refers to something like everything as a whole and generally personal while Profile is more about the game itself and more public. Overall that change I think makes sense to end users. Overall personally, I don't care about filling up space and making it look cluttered. I'm generally not on a game to talk in general, I'm there to play a game. People I talk to will be over voice generally anyways, but I don't speak for anyone but myself.

Again, please don't take any of this as a personal attack or anything like that. (I've been told before that I come off pretty bad from how I type sometimes and my choice of words. )
  • OzmaOzma
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    How come you're using my IGN in the screenshot ???
  • CtrlAltEliteCtrlAltElite
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,555
    edited May 16, 2017
    MDB wrote: »
    How come you're using my IGN in the screenshot ???

Oh no.

Noname_MissingNo