Will I lose my acquired characters after the beta

ElymeElyme
Hyper Universe Rep: 100
in Off Topic Discussion
Will I lose my acquired characters after the beta ends?

Comments

• EujibooEujiboo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 130
    If there is a wipe, which most CBT periods in games do, then probably yes. It really depends on the developers but chances are it'll be wiped.
  • ArcvArcv
    Hyper Universe Rep: 785
    Yes, it probably will. The good thing is that after the prologue, you get about enough money to buy two more characters, if you bought any more characters than that, or any unique hyper equipment, oh well - consider it a trade-off for valuable experience.
  • ElymeElyme
    Summarizing ... loss of time
  • AlzanAlzan
    I don't think so I have played the Korean version and they went straight into OB without wipe I don't know though they can do something different with NA.
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,085
    Elyme wrote: »

Betas aren't for advancing/leveling up for live content. They are for testing and feedback. Yours isn't the correct mindset for beta testing. We as testers want to fix bugs, find balancing issues, find glitches/exploits, and share feedback that will affect the game's content upon launch.
  • PonkmoPonkmo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120

it can be discouraging to lose progress in a game's beta because of a live release or open beta wipe, but keep in mind that betas are mostly for making sure the game is ready for a release and a majority of bugs are ironed out. if we kept our heros and items that we got during beta, we'd have an unfair advantage against people who pick up the game for the first time or didn't get into a closed test
  • NaoNao
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,310
    Will I lose my acquired characters after the beta ends?

yes u will ~