Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

• DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    edited September 3, 2017
    @Hegoken well, it looks like your poll was destroyed.
    Edit: Oh, I didn't notice the other one. I'll hang there then, even if it ends up not impacting anything.
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    edited September 3, 2017
    All topics regarding censorship should be kept to this thread. There is already a poll post in feedback -> http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3602/censorship-option-and-the-power-of-choice
    DualToothBrushesYe4
    All topics regarding censorship should be kept to this thread. There is already a poll post in feedback -> http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3602/censorship-option-and-the-power-of-choice

Oh alrighty, thanks
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    I get the impression it was more because it was an unwelcome thread, convincing the many people who are angry to quit.
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    I get the impression it was more because it was an unwelcome thread, convincing the many people who are angry to quit.

The post still stands. I just merged it into this thread. :)
  • SzalorSzalor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Clearly caving in then lying about it, any censorship=hard pass. See, you never!
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    im noticing the censorship thing is bigger than even i thought. alot of people on reddit and even some streamers are upset at the censorship. some are not going to touch the game just because of censorship. you guys need to think carefully.
    Qondar
  • ZerydZeryd
    Hyper Universe Rep: 250
    im noticing the censorship thing is bigger than even i thought. alot of people on reddit and even some streamers are upset at the censorship. some are not going to touch the game just because of censorship. you guys need to think carefully.

Definitely! This is hitting them hard. I hope they make the right choice.
    Qondar
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    edited September 3, 2017

Go check steam lol, the discussion landing page was filled entirely with threads about it, Raziel closed some and merged the rest in an effort to isolate the issue and hoping it goes away. Not to mention the average rating steadily going down, if it reaches neutral it's GG for the game.
    Quros
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520

Go check steam lol, the discussion landing page was filled entirely with threads about it, Raziel closed some and merged the rest in an effort to isolate the issue and hoping it goes away. Not to mention the average rating steadily going down, if it reaches neutral it's GG for the game.

ya its such a shame it brings a tear to a grown mans eye. put 60 hours into the game so far but it seems to be dying while still in the womb and will be dead on arrivale once it launches purely because of censorship. so much potential ruined because of stubborn publishers. i still stand by my comment earlier. dont care if i put 100+ hours in the game during early access, i will uninstall if succubus is harshly censored.

you guys have already l ost a ton of brownie points for shutting down Ghost in the shell first assault, dont let this game go the same route just because people are over sensitive about giant boobs -_-.
    ArbitraryQuros
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    @Hegoken well, it looks like your poll was destroyed.
    Edit: Oh, I didn't notice the other one. I'll hang there then, even if it ends up not impacting anything.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the thread was gonna be shut down by the admin of the site. It's pretty daunting when for every 4 gamers that would stay with a company that ignores their opinions 54 would leave the game entirely (at least those were the number I remember).

When a forum with poll shows up and points out hard numbers to the site from the players shines negative light on their game, it's common to try and bury it. At the very least, destroy the poll that was pointing out some pretty hard numbers.

At the very least I know Nexon saw it, and in that case it served its purpose. Whether they acknowledge it or act upon it is completely up to them.
    ArbitraryQuros
  • WillJoestarWillJoestar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    All this fanfare over censorship I'm here like dudes it's only 2cm breath reduction she has still had DOUBLE J'S or that outfit is still raunchy as hell calm down I guess it's more the principle of censorship ur arguing about me personally. Game looks and plays that's all I need and care about, meh
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    edited September 4, 2017
    Do the koreans know that the censorship are going to be applied on their servers as well?

I can't imagine them being happy with such thing...
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    edited September 4, 2017
    This whole censorship is back firing at them so much.

Personally I don't even care about it, I believe the game art style is still pretty darn sexy and appealing but at this point I just want them to revert the change so that people can just shut the hell up about it already. It doesn't matter where you go, Steam, Reddit or here it's now impossible to talk about this game without having that one annoying basement dweller nerd crying about the censorship and how they ruined the game. It's driving me insane, it's just ass and boobs people, grow the !@#$ up already.
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    ...that one annoying basement dweller nerd crying about the censorship and how they ruined the game. It's driving me insane, it's just ass and boobs people, grow the !@#$ up already.

It doesn't help when one side's argument is calling the other derogatory names, like you here.
    QurosArbitrary
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    edited September 4, 2017
    All this fanfare over censorship I'm here like dudes it's only 2cm breath reduction she has still had DOUBLE J'S or that outfit is still raunchy as hell calm down I guess it's more the principle of censorship ur arguing about me personally. Game looks and plays that's all I need and care about, meh

I completely understand your perspective.

The reason I am most concerned about it, is because when it comes to censorship, it always starts small. They make the change, they get away with it. Then down the road they make more changes, and more changes. Then everntually it snowballs into something much worse.
    Also, when a solution is presented, such as the censorship toggle option which everyone wins, and the Hyper Universe admins don't even acknowledge it (until yesterday) then that speaks a lot more about the companies treatment to the community as well.

This is a thread about a company listening to the fans, a big deal to any game really:
    http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3651/listening-to-the-fans

There's a much larger picture here than simply boobs and sexy stuff. Lots of people don't see it, but I'm trying to shed light on it.
    QurosArbitrary
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    Hyper Universe Rep: 205
    Censor the Censor
    DualToothBrushesYe4
    LilSlavery wrote: »
    Censor the Censor
    I want my black bars over the covered cleavage.

• squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    edited September 4, 2017
    ...that one annoying basement dweller nerd crying about the censorship and how they ruined the game. It's driving me insane, it's just ass and boobs people, grow the !@#$ up already.

It doesn't help when one side's argument is calling the other derogatory names, like you here.

But that's what you all sounds like at the moment. Dooming a game because some of the characters got their breast slightly reduced is completely and utterly absurd. The game "sex appeal" is still very much present and the general art style is still pretty much intact. I also think censorship sucks but the change they made are so trivial and minor that it's actually quite amusing seeing all of you getting all angry about it.
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    For the record, I love Mortal Kombat games. I'm glad they didn't go the Super Nintendo Route.
This discussion has been closed.