Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

• DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    edited September 4, 2017
    But that's what you all sounds like at the moment. Dooming a game because some of the characters got their breast slightly reduced is completely and utterly absurd. The game "sex appeal" is still very much present and the general art style is still pretty much intact. I also think censorship sucks but the change they made are so trivial and minor that it's actually quite amusing seeing all of you getting all angry about it.

For me at least, it's not merely the matter of having ma bewbs, but it's a matter of whether our feedback would actually matter, cause a change, or at the very least be considered enough to almost matter. Of course, there are other good reasons which others have, such as small censorship spiraling into a bigger and bigger mess and all that.

Emphasis on "hoping they can at least consider our feedback to almost make it matter." I'd like to think players actually have a say which, at least, will be realistically considered by the devs. On top of that, I really think killing off the whole 'censorship issue' with this game would be great for it as well. Seeing as how the only lively topics on this game are those about censorship, if they manage to move the focus away from censorship and actually onto the game, it'd be pretty awesome. And new players would less likely be scared off by the negativity surrounding all these 'censorship' threads, if those new players ever care enough or bother to take a peak in the forums.

The biggest reason I'm here is because there is a suggested option going around of having a toggle feature. They have yet to respond publicly to this suggestion, and it's literally perfect for both the players on all these threads here and on Steam, and for their entire reason to have the slight alterations/censors in the first place. I just want to see what their response is to this, and possibly why they would decline if they do end up declining it. Much better than not having any response to this suggestion, I think.

Edit: I edited this a lot. If you see this edit, that means I'm done editing and this is the entire post :)
    QurosDarkside_Hero
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    All this fanfare over censorship I'm here like dudes it's only 2cm breath reduction she has still had DOUBLE J'S or that outfit is still raunchy as hell calm dow

Exactly, at first I also though it sucked that they had to "censor" the game but the changes they made are so trivial and minor that I can't help but laugh at all the people crying about it and dooming the game over it. Like, guys, do you all need glasses or what? The chicks in our version still have massive boobs, sexy as hell clothing and a huge sex appeal so what are you weirdo complaining about here? How is the game doomed over such trivial and silly changes?

Exactly, at first I also though it sucked that they had to "censor" the game but the changes they made are so trivial and minor that I can't help but laugh at all the people crying about it and dooming the game over it. Like, guys, do you all need glasses or what? The chicks in our version still have massive boobs, sexy as hell clothing and a huge sex appeal so what are you weirdo complaining about here? How is the game doomed over such trivial and silly changes?

Not everyone is simply crying over the censorship and being immature about it. Sure, we still get sexy characters, but why settle with having a somewhat less satisfactory compromise on our part when there's the possibility of letting censorship be toggled? That works for both us and their reasoning to censor. They haven't given their thoughts on this suggestion yet, so it's quite possible and not completely out of the picture. If they express their rejection to this idea though, then at that point I feel it'd be useless to go on about censorship. They do emphasize player feedback as important, and plenty of players seem to want a toggle feature.
    Darkside_Hero
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 4, 2017
    Not everyone is simply crying over the censorship and being immature about it.

Of course not but I swear the majority of post from here, from Reddit and from the Steam forum just reek of neckbeard idiocy...

Look at the changes they've made so far :

censor6.png
    censor5.png
    censor4.png
    censor3.png
    censor1.gif
    censor2.gif

Game is totally and utterly ruined guys. 2 millimeters less cleavage and barely noticeable breast reduction, @#$ this, get the pitch fork guys!

People...

• TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Of course not but I swear the majority of post from here, from Reddit and from the Steam forum just reek of neckbeard idiocy...

Just gonna keep quoting all the insults being hurled around.

Darkside_Hero
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    Hyper Universe Rep: 205
    If any Nexon person is reading this, this is a great time to earn PR points and get a lot more players to join and spend money.
    All you gotta do is uncensor, which makes these suckers think you're actually interested in what they think, aka "They do care!" and more people buy founders just for a small undo on your end. Now all the people who quit will most likely join back and they spread the good word and boom. more brownie points, rather than people spreading the bad rumors around making this queue time last as long as a high elo queue in league. It's genius I tell ya.
    RawrzoryAbsudelVectDarkside_Hero
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 4, 2017

Just gonna keep quoting all the insults being hurled around.

Oh no! You can't play a video game character with ridiculously over sized boobs and you're missing 1 COMPLETE inch of cleavage on her, what are we going to do about this, sir? SIR? Alright, @#$% this, let's get the pitchforks, I'll charge first, you follow! FOR NARNIA! HAAAA!!!!!!!
    edited September 4, 2017
    Let's not resort to attacking and insulting now.

QurosDarkside_Hero
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    @LilSlavery

I was thinking the exact same thing today to be honest. If they would change it now they would get so many people buying the game simply because they support the removal of the censorship. Allot of people most likely who never heard of the game and even had no intresting in playing at all with or without the censorship.

A buy to "vote" for anti censorship so to speak. Most channels that speak about the censorship have members that most likely would have never touched the game and now are potential buyers if they revert it. It's indeed pure genius.
    Oh no! You can't play a video game character with ridiculously over sized boobs and you're missing 1 COMPLETE inch of cleavage on her, what are we going to do about this, sir? SIR? Alright, @#$% this, let's get the pitchforks, I'll charge first, you follow! FOR NARNIA! HAAAA!!!!!!!

Well this got covered by a youtuber that is purely reviewing games that censor content. This means it pretty much gets coverage in a purely hostile environment. Mostly likely even by people who (as said above) would have never touched or heard from the game if the whole controversy wasn't there in the first place.

It's like taking this game into a elderly home and asking if it's too sexualized (i'll even take the censored version no worries). The riot at the moment is biased as the biggest part of the group that is against it at this moment are not even the target audience anymore. Which i might add is ironicaly something the first anti-censorship people i saw here where complaining about. That they ignored the target audience which is now happening in reverse. Makes me laugh a bit when i think about it really.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    edited September 4, 2017
    @squiddlydoo Good job makiing yourself seem like the mature one, let's insult people for liking things I don't like or placing importance on aesthetics. Let's also demonize people who dislike censorship on principle. Also I realize 2 millimeters is an exaggeration on your part, but it's obviously a lot more than a millimeter reduction on Kurenai.

What you're doing isn't helping the game either, you're basically pushing the people who dislike the censorship away even harder than the censorship would on it's own. I guess you have a lot of fun playing by yourself.

@Rawrzory The fact more people saw the censored gaming video than knew about the game is a failure of the game's marketing really. The other problem is that this has clearly pissed off players considering the large amount of refunds.
    KingArthurDarkside_Hero
  • AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330

censor2.gif

Game is totally and utterly ruined guys. 2 millimeters less cleavage and barely noticeable breast reduction, @#$ this, get the pitch fork guys!

People...

They butchered Kurenai breasts by half.

Also they removed some in game breast physics animations.
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    edited September 4, 2017
    @Rawrzory The fact more people saw the censored gaming video than knew about the game is a failure of the game's marketing really. The other problem is that this has clearly pissed off players considering the large amount of refunds.

I'm "part" (more like I joined and just lurk) of 3 youtubers discords (none of which are censored gaming), one of the first things that popped up regarding HU when early access dropped was the censorship, "That's a shame I looked forward to cover it" expressed one of the youtubers, two of the communities declared an active boycott and the third simply decided to not return to the game. Mind you, most of the people who participated in beta (around 500 if I had to take a guess) only played a few matches, decided the game was good but stopped playing since progress would be wiped and would wait for open beta/release; come that moment and people are not even claiming their free founder's pack.

People seem to disregard how many gamers just despise censorship out of principle, and voicing concern just to be called derogatory remarks only strengthen their conviction simply to not bow down to shaming tactics. Just look at steam discussion at how many people say they "bought the game but refunded as soon as I found out about the censorship", I could bet you plenty of these people don't give a damn about the breasts being censored but are refunding out of not supporting censorship or "westernization".

Darkside_Hero
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    edited September 4, 2017
    Not everyone is simply crying over the censorship and being immature about it.

[snipping images for redundancy]

People...

You fail to mention the blue rose changes they made, which was the most severe of them all. Whats idiotic is not looking at all facts presented to you or doing research =/. because of that blue rose change i am going to watch closely what they do to the succubus. as i said before if they make 1 extreme change they will feel the need to make several more.

Also calling someone a "neckbeard" because the game was falsely advertised to them is lunacy. its like insulting someone for getting 5 pieces of LARGE wings that were advertised on tv but then only getting 2 very small wings for the same price... its also a insult not even 4th graders would use.
    Darkside_HeroKandyl72
    edited September 4, 2017
    AFKzor wrote: »

censor2.gif

People...

its best to ignore the guy. he is the same clown that is calling everyone "neckbeard virgins" on reddit in every thread about censorship. he is an A class clown. Kurenai went from a D cup to a B cup despite having zero cleavage shown. i guess women arnt allowed to have D cups because they are "unrealistic"? who knew. im gonna go tell my friend to go see a surgeon and get her D cups reduced to a B cup because they are too sexy and unrealistic, brb.
  • AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330

censor2.gif

People...

its best to ignore the guy. he is the same clown that is calling everyone "neckbeard virgins" on reddit in every thread about censorship. he is an A class clown.

Funny I don't even have acc on reddit.

censor2.gif

People...

its best to ignore the guy. he is the same clown that is calling everyone "neckbeard virgins" on reddit in every thread about censorship. he is an A class clown.

Funny I don't even have acc on reddit.

whats funnier is that him and one other guy are literally the only ones happy with the censorship to a point that they are insulting other people that do not want the censors. these are the kinds of guys that get the game censored, two clowns. Comical.
    Darkside_Hero
    Could we remove just the image portion when we quote? It's getting so big :x
    edited September 4, 2017

People...

its best to ignore the guy. he is the same clown that is calling everyone "neckbeard virgins" on reddit in every thread about censorship. he is an A class clown. Kurenai went from a D cup to a B cup despite having zero cleavage shown. i guess women arnt allowed to have D cups because they are "unrealistic"? who knew. im gonna go tell my friend to go see a surgeon and get her D cups reduced to a B cup because they are too sexy and unrealistic, brb.

LMAO, go read your own post post on Reddit again, you're the one that comes off as a complete idiot in the first place. His post --> https://www.reddit.com/r/HyperUniverse/comments/6xx16q/i_have_to_know_who_is_actually_complaining_about/

Perhaps if you would have actually posted something intelligent and insightful I would have responded accordingly, but nupe, all you did was cry and moan in all caps like a raging neckbeard, lel. That's why I'm not taking you seriously, you're a living joke.

Jesus dude, how old are you? i think you might be a bit too young to be playing this game even with the censorship.

ArbitraryKingArthurTomatoTentacleAbsudelVectTomekPLPythie
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo

People...

LMAO, go read your own post post on Reddit again, you're the one that comes off as a complete idiot in the first place. His post --> https://www.reddit.com/r/HyperUniverse/comments/6xx16q/i_have_to_know_who_is_actually_complaining_about/

Perhaps if you would have actually posted something intelligent and insightful I would have responded accordingly, but nupe, all you did was cry and moan in all caps like a raging neckbeard, lel. That's why I'm not taking you seriously, you're a living joke.

Jesus dude, how old are you? i think you might be a bit too young to be playing this game even with the censorship.

It's cool man, keep crying like a true old fat neckbeard over your oversized anime boobs while we, actual normal people, enjoy the game.
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390

People...

It's cool man, keep crying like a true old fat neckbeard over your oversized anime boobs while we, actual normal people, enjoy the game.

smh...
This discussion has been closed.