Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

• RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    @Hegoken

I think you could repeat that all day, and the "we don't care" would repeat "but it doesn't really matter" as response all day.

As the 3th party isn't showing up and the 2 groups that do talk, do not fully disagree with another. There isn't really anything comming out of it. I have talked allot to anti people. In the end i see the point they have, but i do not agree with the execution of it. In the end i think we should just respect that the other their view is different and thats it. Although it would help if people could describe how they feel about it a bit more classy.

• DriftlockDriftlock
    Hyper Universe Rep: 275
    Seems they've put an end to the debate:

http://hyperuniverse.nexon.net/en/news/article/25193

They're going to censor both versions. I kinda get their concerns, but not really. There are other games out there that have been well responded to with toggle/multiple versions. I'd love to see the data they use to determine that the lack of censorship was causing people to not give it a try. So let's compare that to the refunds via steam and the Alpha/Beta/Founders who are or have walked away over this. I'd be curious to know how that actually looked.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    Driftlock wrote: »

They're going to censor both versions. I kinda get their concerns, but not really. There are other games out there that have been well responded to with toggle/multiple versions. I'd love to see the data they use to determine that the lack of censorship was causing people to not give it a try. So let's compare that to the refunds via steam and the Alpha/Beta/Founders who are or have walked away over this. I'd be curious to know how that actually looked.

I saw on steam that they don't know if the censorship side is the majority, they just don't care. I should have posted in the steam forums to let myself be heard there too, but it looks like it's too late.
  • DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    So I take it that toggling censorship on/off in the options is out of the picture now? :( Even if they decide to make any new art from now on more 'tame' to suit their needs, a toggle for the existing art would still be nice...
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    So I take it that toggling censorship on/off in the options is out of the picture now? :( Even if they decide to make any new art from now on more 'tame' to suit their needs, a toggle for the existing art would still be nice...

No, there will be no compromise to the game. There was a solution but they chose not to take it.
    Well I'm gone for good now. I wish you all well, and thank you for the discussions.
  • UncensoredorBustUncensoredorBust
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    Driftlock wrote: »

Pitty which means Nexon and CWAVE will be added to my "spend no money on this" list
  • BeastSoulEyesBeastSoulEyes
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    edited September 11, 2017
    Yeah, not much to say here other than you are now in the terrible position of having to choose between people who hate the very thing the style of your game is OBVIOUSLY based around (Anime, and Lewd and Cute girls doing cute things) and people who like it to the point of making it their lifestyle (as much as some of you judgemental inquisitors hate it).
    If you have any sense you will know where your monetary interests lie. You will never really please SJWs anyway, you add 1cm of clothes another one of them will come tomorrow and ask why you didn't put another cm.

Personally, I was interested in the game and was considering checking it out of curiosity, but thanks you just gave me a reason not to bother and just stick to LoL and GW2 for my LEWD needs, not going to encourage that choice and decision.

GG.
  • MahboomstickMahboomstick
    Hyper Universe Rep: 110
    I actually approve the change.

Its all a question of morality.

If this game really wants to go global and rival the likes of Dota and League it needs to look presentable.

Can you picture suggestive images being steamed live to millions of people and on television without causing uproars from mothers and sponsors alike?

Its all about attracting the right audience.
  • BearilBearil
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    It is a question of identity.

Hyper universe will NEVER reach Dota/LoL levels of success, its too niche for that

And getting on the community bad side doesnt help
    QurosKingArthur
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    Bearil wrote: »

Hyper universe will NEVER reach Dota/LoL levels of success, its too niche for that

to be fair, LoL was just a niche copy of dota when it first started off. almost every hero they had was a copy of a dota character or WoW character.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400

to be fair, LoL was just a niche copy of dota when it first started off. almost every hero they had was a copy of a dota character or WoW character.

Dota characters literally WERE Warcraft characters originally (before Dota2) and before that they basically copies of Warhammer characters. So basically Warhammer is amazing. (Age of Sigmar is becoming a better game, but the lore still sucks.)

As for LoL, mobas in general were popular with a niche, they didn't really hit the mainstream until LoL overtook Starcraft in popularity, but then again, around the time LoL first started getting popular I was exclusively into fighting games. The thing is LoL has more or less become the Street Fighter of the MOBA market, it's a cultural icon that isn't likely to be dethroned. The niche for MOBAs expanded exponentially with LoL and trying to dethrone it when a game as big as DOTA is basically the Alternative game (I'd say it's the Mortal Kombat to LoL's street fighter, but I hate Mortal Kombat, so it can be KoF I guess, I guess smite gets to be guilty gear in this case. now Hyper Universe is sitting around being Tounge of the Fatman.)
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    edited September 12, 2017
    I actually approve the change.

Its all a question of morality.

If this game really wants to go global and rival the likes of Dota and League it needs to look presentable.

Can you picture suggestive images being steamed live to millions of people and on television without causing uproars from mothers and sponsors alike?

Its all about attracting the right audience.

Bullshit.
    B&S reach the same goal and he's not censored (exept story). Championship allready run on korean TV.
    The censor is just and only a devs moral choice.
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    http://bbs.ruliweb.com/pc/board/300007/read/2137897

If anyone is curious to know what the koreans think all of this, you might want to use Google Translator on the page above.

Spoiler alert: They are not happy.

Dota characters literally WERE Warcraft characters originally (before Dota2) and before that they basically copies of Warhammer characters. So basically Warhammer is amazing. (Age of Sigmar is becoming a better game, but the lore still sucks.)

As for LoL, mobas in general were popular with a niche, they didn't really hit the mainstream until LoL overtook Starcraft in popularity, but then again, around the time LoL first started getting popular I was exclusively into fighting games. The thing is LoL has more or less become the Street Fighter of the MOBA market, it's a cultural icon that isn't likely to be dethroned. The niche for MOBAs expanded exponentially with LoL and trying to dethrone it when a game as big as DOTA is basically the Alternative game (I'd say it's the Mortal Kombat to LoL's street fighter, but I hate Mortal Kombat, so it can be KoF I guess, I guess smite gets to be guilty gear in this case. now Hyper Universe is sitting around being Tounge of the Fatman.)

Starcraft BW is still more popular in korea than LoL tho. Starcraft 2 just never took off the way blizzard wanted from the start.

the reason LoL is so popular is because they are constantly updating and making changes to keep players happy. even blizzard doesnt do what riot does in terms of player happyness. if riot never updated the game as often as they do then league would have went nowhere. the main point is the hyper universe devs need to take from that and stop being so scared to give players what they want.
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    KingArthur wrote: »

If anyone is curious to know what the koreans think all of this, you might want to use Google Translator on the page above.

Well, censorship in Korea its a bit like serving pig to a muslim xD

yep, not surprised. the reaction is just like it is over here. infact it seems a bit more harsh even. ppl are demanding refunds on some of the skins lol. hopefully after they see this negative feedback from there main playerbase in korea then they will change their minds...
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Just the perfect speach.
  • OzmaOzma
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185

I know several top players who come to my stream and we speak on the issues of both versions and I can guarantee you it is not a big deal in the community they just want the game to be popular.
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Ozma wrote: »

I know several top players who come to my stream and we speak on the issues of both versions and I can guarantee you it is not a big deal in the community they just want the game to be popular.

That's among the top players.
    The usual player don't seem to be happy with those changes, especially those who bought such skins.
    And when the actual patch hits on 09/14, it's probably not gonna get any better.
  • dcgerarddcgerard
    Hyper Universe Rep: 115
    I was going to buy this game, but the reviews on steam are all so negative about the game being censored. There is no way I'm going to buy this game now, if they plan on making more changes. I can't stand censorship.
This discussion has been closed.