Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

• RhodamineRedRhodamineRed
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    This comments about censorship seem to me a bit useless. I understand you might be of "sad" or "happy" about it, but from there to actually trying to meddle with the game's development and localization, seems stretched.
    I think the real questions are being dismissed.
    Why aren't more people writing their feedback about the closed beta on the forum?
    Was the player base for the closed beta too small? (big queue times (EU server))
    Was the closed beta too short? (Some sites still had beta keys to giveaway on last day of closed beta)
    The Open Beta is confirmed for the end of the year but how long will it be?
    Could this be another competitive game? will it have ranks?
    Only PVP or will there be PVE content? (Story mode?)
    Screen Resolutions for 5:4 aspect ratio users?

I would really like to see a lot more gameplay feedback/focus on this forum, because I really like how the game feels like a 2D beat'em up mixed with a moba that I can play with a gamepad, I'm not here just because the boobs are small or big .
  • ValwynValwyn
    Hyper Universe Rep: 150
    This comments about censorship seem to me a bit useless. I understand you might be of "sad" or "happy" about it, but from there to actually trying to meddle with the game's development and localization, seems stretched.
    I think the real questions are being dismissed.
    Why aren't more people writing their feedback about the closed beta on the forum?
    Was the player base for the closed beta too small? (big queue times (EU server))
    Was the closed beta too short? (Some sites still had beta keys to giveaway on last day of closed beta)
    The Open Beta is confirmed for the end of the year but how long will it be?
    Could this be another competitive game? will it have ranks?
    Only PVP or will there be PVE content? (Story mode?)
    Screen Resolutions for 5:4 aspect ratio users?

I would really like to see a lot more gameplay feedback/focus on this forum, because I really like how the game feels like a 2D beat'em up mixed with a moba that I can play with a gamepad, I'm not here just because the boobs are small or big .

have you seen the suggestion and feedback section, also around chat sections alot of those questions have been around before this post, people are trying.

i guess they need to make a collections of questions and answers but this post is not about the gameplay it's about the esthetic and people take them seriously, it happends in every videogame forums, in mxm the longest one was about censorship, people hate this kind of stuff and considere them very important if you don't care about it it doesn't mean that is not important to the game.

also developers are not giving your opinion about your feedback this encourage less people too but also we had a kind of web poll to send the feedback i already took it, also we sent all kind of feedback, instead making an off-topic you can also try make a post to encourage developers to make a questions and answers collection.
  • RhodamineRedRhodamineRed
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Valwyn wrote: »

have you seen the suggestion and feedback section, also around chat sections alot of those questions have been around before this post, people are trying.

i guess they need to make a collections of questions and answers but this post is not about the gameplay it's about the esthetic and people take them seriously, it happends in every videogame forums, in mxm the longest one was about censorship, people hate this kind of stuff and considere them very important if you don't care about it it doesn't mean that is not important to the game.

also developers are not giving your opinion about your feedback this encourage less people too but also we had a kind of web poll to send the feedback i already took it, also we sent all kind of feedback, instead making an off-topic you can also try make a post to encourage developers to make a questions and answers collection.

It's not a off-topic post, I don't want this game to be delayed because they need to apply censorship. But if they say they need to delay because improvements to the network or something like that, then ok.
    You are right about one thing, the web poll, probably players took it as the only form of feedback. I know I'm at fault for not making my own thread about my experiences with the game, but with queues so long I didn't even get a chance to play that much. So I keep coming back to this forum expecting news and informations, and this thread is almost sticky at the top, and I really dont think its necessary.
    And the same way you value your need for censorship, you also need to acknowledge that other people might not value that. And the right that you feel you have to speak for censorship, is also the same right I feel to speak against it. That's what my post was about.

• RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    edited July 7, 2017
    2-Videogames companies reading SJW teams around webs
    they don't even play videogames, they don't buy anything since they win alot money with ads and their baits. it's their job.

i am going to tell you a little secret guys, SJW will critique females character even they are only able to see their eyes only here in the west. all your efforts are in vain.

3-all asian companies doing censures.
    i wonder if they check the forums, i have been playing alot asian mmorpg and when they censore something only 2 of 10 are happy about it, not even the half, we don´t even have kssn here people and kids just download what they want

the market has changed and instead focusing making censure focus in the map because i found heroes fun but your map is very boring and short, i already sent you a long feedback, i won't stop playing LoL for this even less with censures.

As for "SJW" - that's just a buzz term. It's not like we are scouring the internet looking for things wrong with the game and the art. The feedback we have gotten are from people who HAVE played the game and WANT to play, but due to things like having young children present or other reasons, don't feel comfortable playing the game at home. That's a loss for everyone, not just for us who are making the game, but for other players as well because that is one less person in queue, one less person to connect with, one less person to strategize with, one less person to watch Hyper Universe with.

A few people have come to me in private explaining their reasoning, and what we saw in the alpha thread is that one person expressed his opinion, he got attacked fast. It's possible people don't want to post about it because yes, they may not care enough about the game to bother, or two, because they are afraid of being attacked from other forum members. Also, I read your feedback and took note of it. Thanks!

But @GabeSkywalker is quite right, we could go back and forth all day on why this and why not that, and we would probably end up where we already are. I hope everyone continues to enjoy the game and looks forward to future content!

As for development delays, censorship is not hindering this. So do not fret! We are still looking at ALL the feedback from closed beta including hand reading all surveys and implementing changes and brand new features. <3
  • ValwynValwyn
    edited July 7, 2017
    @RhodamineRed

i guess i understand what you trying to say here, i know you don't care about the censorship but saying the post useless is wrong but asthetic are part of the game and people take this seriously, people leaves games when they are censored or they don't want to try it, just like me, however we need your questions in a collection i don't this is the right place to post it since we can't even stick it, you are lost and alot of people are too.

@RazielWarmonic

i guess if you have read my feedback i feel better about it but we can't even be sure that you guys are reading i see the suggetion and feedback section usually empty without answers and even say them what you think about it, i know that is hard when asian games and the main developers about the gameplay are in another country with the language barrier the communicacion is hard i guess.

• RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    i guess if you have read my feedback i feel better about it but we can't even be sure that you guys are reading i see the suggetion and feedback section usually empty without answers and even say them what you think about it, i know that is hard when asian games and the main developers about the gameplay are in another country with the language barrier the communicacion is hard i guess.
    I read all the feedback, I just can't personally respond to everyone. I pass along every bit of info to them however, so do not worry. :) The feedback from alpha was great and there was a lot of changes implemented from that feedback and we are going to do the same going forward.
    Valwyn
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    edited July 8, 2017
    Kinda funny that NCSoft and Nexon feel "forced" to do things like this when League of Legends(THE MOST POPULAR MOBA IN THE WORLD) has skins like this.

latest?cb=20160520014107

latest?cb=20170616225027

latest?cb=20170621013518
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    edited July 8, 2017
    Double Post
  • CrewCrew
    Hyper Universe Rep: 470
    edited July 8, 2017
    I sat here in my chair for a hour writing a huge multi-paragraph post sharing my personal experience of censorship, my current stance about, how it's different in other countries, but didn't want to ramble on and on about it, and realized that other people have touched these topics already :(, so I've condensed it to what I really wanted to say.

I'd rather there be no censorship at all, but understand the HU Devs point of view and why they did it, think they handled it exceptionally well. Thank you for your responses, Raziel, they've certainly helped to calm some fears of mine. :)
  • ValwynValwyn
    edited July 8, 2017
    KingArthur wrote: »
    Kinda funny that NCSoft and Nexon feel "forced" to do things like this when League of Legends(THE MOST POPULAR MOBA IN THE WORLD) has skins like this.

latest?cb=20160520014107

latest?cb=20170616225027

latest?cb=20170621013518

compared to evelyn the most characters here are very soft.
    (warning +12)

latest?cb=20160326043739

327f1c648e146c8963d5b2ff6b79e45f.jpg

league-of-legends-four-cool-things-jinx-can-do_3yaf.640.jpg

compare hyper succubus to this:

zyra_splash.jpg?Width=600

i could keep the whole day posting images or sounds like miss fortune saying "what do you want me to do with pistol with sexy voice" because only the lastest like illaoi and taliyah a maybe another two more are not sexy and we already have characters like that fighter girl with white clothes, pinky, that witch girl i don't their name.
    KingArthur
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    KingArthur wrote: »

latest?cb=20160520014107

latest?cb=20170616225027

latest?cb=20170621013518

compared to evelyn the most characters here are very soft.
    (warning +12)

latest?cb=20160326043739

327f1c648e146c8963d5b2ff6b79e45f.jpg

league-of-legends-four-cool-things-jinx-can-do_3yaf.640.jpg

compare hyper succubus to this:

zyra_splash.jpg?Width=600

i could keep the whole day posting images or sounds like miss fortune saying "what do you want me to do with pistol with sexy voice" because only the lastest like illaoi and taliyah a maybe another two more are not sexy and we already have characters like that fighter girl with white clothes, pinky, that witch girl i don't their name.
    True, and that's one of the reasons why i believe the "think of the children" argument doesn't hold much water here, especially when comparing to other bigger games.

And talking about hyper Succubus, I'm almost sure she's gonna get censored when she arrives into the western version...
  • FrescaFresca
    Hyper Universe Rep: 165
    I find it disappointing that the character art was altered, because the gorgeous artwork from Monable and Kim Bum is the main reason why I was interested in this game in the first place. I understand that some people wanted the fanservice toned down, but some of us didn't want these changes, so why is one side being ignored? This would not be a problem if there was an option to toggle the art versions. Keeping in mind a lot of the future skins use sex appeal to make money, it's only hurting their own interests.
    Zakata
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    Fresca wrote: »
    I find it disappointing that the character art was altered, because the gorgeous artwork from Monable and Kim Bum is the main reason why I was interested in this game in the first place. I understand that some people wanted the fanservice toned down, but some of us didn't want these changes, so why is one side being ignored? This would not be a problem if there was an option to toggle the art versions. Keeping in mind a lot of the future skins use sex appeal to make money, it's only hurting their own interests.
    Well, I really would like to know that. Since people that complain about things like fanservice in will always find something to complain or problematize meanwhile we just want the game's design to be the same as the original version.
    About the skins, that's basically a shot in foot. Why would make your product less enticing to buy just to gain some "moral" points?

A toggling option would make everyone happy and probably the best, but i haven't seen many companies do that in the past unfortunately...
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    edited July 17, 2017
    At this point I just hope the game gets enough attention to get someone to make and keep updated an uncersor mod, since the usual answer in these scenarios is to err on the side of the offended while completely disregarding the opinion of the other party.
    ShángZakata
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    At this point I just hope the game gets enough attention to get someone to make and keep updated an uncersor mod, since the usual answer in these scenarios is to err on the side of the offended while completely disregarding the opinion of the other party.
    I will see what i can do once the game enters a second CBT/open beta.
    I already have the korean files, however i don't know if just replacing it will do the trick...
  • Dr_CheesesteakDr_Cheesesteak
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    Fresca wrote: »
    I doubt 2% less cleavage will affect skin sales. -_-
  • ArcvArcv
    Hyper Universe Rep: 785
    The points have been explained already. For many of you, I know censorship is an important matter but lets focus on the real matters like how to improve the gameplay experience. I felt no need for the censorship but it was a compromise. Also the Korean HU also reworked Tatyana, Blue Rose, And Sapitelbub's artwork. That is something I won't stand for.... The Devs also explained that they didn't baby or tend to the minority or small group. This is how it is, and let it be.
    Dr_Cheesesteak
  • LightyearsLightyears
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    Hey guys,

A few people have already had great responses in this thread, but I want to take time to answer your questions as well. In alpha, there was a pretty hot debate in a forum thread (which ended up being our longest forum thread for alpha) about how the females are presented in the game, 5 forum pages later a few people agreed that a compromise between super busty/skimpy and covering up might be for the best. This is what we are attempting to do. We want to keep the appeal of the female characters (and males for that matter!) while not offending anyone. We want to keep the artist's integrity in-check, but make the game inviting to not only play, but watch as well.

The changes so far have been pretty minimal, mainly focused on reducing chest size a little bit, making the physics a bit more realistic (there were some funny side effects of reducing the chest and not adjusting the physics), and slightly covering up chests to not reveal as much bust line. This is going to be a case-by-case thing. Not every Hyper and skin in the future will get this treatment.

All-in-all, we want to keep the general designs of the current Hypers and skins, so if modifications are made in the future they will likely go the way of what you already have seen - slightly more covering shirts/tunics and reduced breast size.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to elaborate where I can. For upcoming Hypers and skins, you'll just have to wait until the next test to see for now, sorry. ;)

Cheers,
    Raz

P.S. the white line on Celine's behind is a bug, and I have notified the team.

I just signed up for the beta, but then I read this statement. I will not be playing this game.
  • RUMMAKERRUMMAKER
    Hyper Universe Rep: 255
    edited August 9, 2017
    Well I hate the censorship but I'm not gona quit the game over it, its fun as heck. Not playing the game over censorship is like not shopping at walmart because u don't like them. I'll gladly take advantage of their shitty employees for my cheap 2 doller shirts. And I'll be fine with this as long as they make it easy to mod the censorship out. Hopefully its as easy as replacing the files with the korean client files.
  • SuperioritySuperiority
    Hyper Universe Rep: 210
    edited August 15, 2017
    Well it's really sad to see the heroines being censored, I really loved some female characters and the way their model is and I wouldn't like to see them getting covered ( Imagine what's going to happen to Succubus if this gets out of hand ) the whole concept of censorship sounds pointless if you're going to cover up a little bit of the cleavage and reduce the boob size of the character; that's one way to ruin the character's personality. I honestly cant believe some people who are "offended" by mere pixels, it's really a shame.
This discussion has been closed.