Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

• MoranguinhaMoranguinha
    Hyper Universe Rep: 145
    edited August 16, 2017
    I saw this one coming when this game was announced. Problem is, who are you offending with this game and art? It's a game after all, it is not to be seen as reality.
    I think we have seen both sides of the coin when it comes to these type of games.
    Allow me to give you an example, Blade and Soul utilizes "oversexualization" to sell, and at a point they were considering to censor the game to meet "western" expectations. If they had given in, that game would have died the moment it hit the Western region.

Take in consideration that when you censor your game, you are alterating the art in it. Today we give Celine less of a bust line, tomorrow we adjust her cleavage to smaller proportions, next week we give her jeans instead of a skirt....

I also find it funny how the only characters that bother the world are females. god forbid we have some cleavage or boobs bigger than C cups, but, a shirtless man with a big bulge? All good.

Nexon wants this game to be a long journey and decide to start shooting it before it even releases :D
    ZakataShakrinaSyR_SnOwSayane
  • YennyYenny
    Hyper Universe Rep: 620
    At the end of the day, it seems whatever has to happen for the game to reach the widest amount of people, will probably happen. It's a delicate dance trying to balance what people want and what the game needs to be. Listen too much to what the people have to say and the game loses its identity, and if you don't listen enough you take a hit to your player base.
    MoranguinhaShángSyR_SnOw
  • MoranguinhaMoranguinha
    edited August 27, 2017
    xDDDDD
  • MaruuMaruu
    Hyper Universe Rep: 215
    Good to see a censorship related thread that hasn't gone up in flames. Also glad to see an official response of some sort.

Anyways, I'd like to toss in my 2 cents as someone who is against these changes. I realize that they're trying to reel in a wider audience by making these censorship changes, but I'm not entirely convinced it'll help much. For someone who is bothered by seeing large breasted females in skin tight/revealing clothing, making their chests somewhat smaller or bounce less isn't going to make them not sexy. And players who don't like censorship obviously won't be thrilled about seeing a bunch of generally unwanted changes. Personally I've never understood the "family-oriented" excuse, since this game is fantasy with plenty of violence and you'd probably be able to find more erotic things on a tv ad (with actual women).

Either way I'd think better solution would be to allow users to choose between playing a censored or original version, whether it's through a UI option or a downloadable patch. I think it's fine some people want the game toned down for whatever reason, but it sucks that their opinion ends up taking priority over mine and many others here. I hope the team gives this situation some more consideration.
    MoranguinhaZakataShakrinaRUMMAKERPythie
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    edited August 24, 2017
    Well well another asian game that gets censored ... who ever knew that was going to happen ?

In all seriousness though:

In the case of this game i'm for the censorship. Not because i'm allergic to digital cleavage, but more so i find some changes actually fit the chars. I mean i have looked at some of the changes they made and sorry to say some actually make sense. Bigger boobs/more cleavage/more skin doesn't always increase the appeal of chars.

In the case of the assassin (kuniochi ? I think i butchered that name so hard right now) the change is a good thing. I mean if it where up to me i would make the boobs even more petite since i can't imagine big boobs actually helping with killing somebody unless you wanna knock em out with your knockers. She should be a highly agile assassin and quite frankly having allot of wood only slows you down.

Also i gotta say most chars even after the "rework" still look hella attractive and oversexualized. I mean i don't mind that i like some eyecandy just like the next guy (and i read manga/watch anime so i'm used to seeying some over the top fanservice which adds nothing to the story), but there are limits to how far you can go before it becomes borderline hentai.

All in all i draw myself (to call myself a artist would be a bit of a stretch ... if not a joke completely) and one thing i always keep in mind as best as i can is body proportions and as said before the changes they made fit really well. All in all when it comes to censorship i judge from game to game and this one did it well.

I can imagine the reactions of the families of the employees being less favorable of the old versions (although the new versions are still not very "modest" so to speak xD). As said at the moment the are still really REALLY sexualized, but in a bit more decent manner. I like it and support it in this case. Sofar you guys did a good job just don't take it too far in the future and we are golden.
  • NovastaroneNovastarone
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    I wish SJWs would stop whining about games and ruining it because they feel to need to measure up to a cartoon character. I certainly don't see cartoon characters as competition.
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    edited August 25, 2017
    When a minority have more influence than majority, you can be sure it wil go wrong.
    I remember this post on alpha/beta , where ONE sjw like, was squealing, but large MAJORITY dont care or dont want censor.
    I also remember this post where EVERYBODY wanted korean voice.
    And who win for the change ? The assholes... Like allways.

Need win loto and go live in korea, where words nerf and censor are for down.
    ZakataBearilMoranguinha
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    I wish SJWs would stop whining about games and ruining it because they feel to need to measure up to a cartoon character. I certainly don't see cartoon characters as competition.

I can tell you if real SJW's would get their hands on this game we wouldn't be discussing if the cleavage should be 1 inch up or down in cloth. We would have no cleavage to talk about i hope you do realize that.

• AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330
    Damn Nexon must as always screw something. What other effect than disgust they expected after destroy original game art design?
  • LoranysLoranys
    Hyper Universe Rep: 270
    I have the perfect answer to appease both sides of this argument! Censor everything, then add a checkbox in the gameplay options for the unedited "normal" version. Interestingly, this information can be used to see exactly where your playerbase stands and this method can be used for future beta tests.
  • RUMMAKERRUMMAKER
    Hyper Universe Rep: 255
    Loranys wrote: »
    I have the perfect answer to appease both sides of this argument! Censor everything, then add a checkbox in the gameplay options for the unedited "normal" version. Interestingly, this information can be used to see exactly where your playerbase stands and this method can be used for future beta tests.

Yeah that's not how it works, whichever option is the defualt will be used the most by 90% of the player base since most people don't care enough to go into options and change it. Its like how ppl don't sign up to donate their organs but they also don't opt out from donating their organs. And this really isn't a realistic option since you basically double the game size.

All that I ask for is they make the game easy to mod so people can uncensor their game eaily. (Also that new tatyana splash art. Can you guys at least use something that looks remotly similar to this game's art style? It stands out like an erection in public)
  • gonzolanzogonzolanzo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    Really disappointed to learn assets have been and will be altered. I understand the thought is to try and make the game more marketable but this isn't the hyper universe I wanted to play. I didn't watch gameplay videos years ago and think, I hope one day I can play an NA-ified version of this cool looking game. Again, I get that the thought behind the changes is for the sake of trying to reach a wider audience so I won't demand the original assets be put in but I will ask that some sort of option to play with original assets and physics be added for those of us who don't have kids watching us play or a stream chat that might turn their nose up at anything with too much fan service.
  • ElSindicalistaElSindicalista
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    Please add original textures for characters, the children are still playing GtaV and Extreme violence games, but are you saying that they will be corrupted for seeing a little part of female tit? Come on, female body is natural. But extreme violence, a lot of blood this will be censored, not character bodies, furthermore, its parent's responsability that his child play the games. I don't understand the occidental mentality and yes. I am from spain.
    Sayane
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    gonzolanzo wrote: »
    Really disappointed to learn assets have been and will be altered. I understand the thought is to try and make the game more marketable but this isn't the hyper universe I wanted to play. I didn't watch gameplay videos years ago and think, I hope one day I can play an NA-ified version of this cool looking game. Again, I get that the thought behind the changes is for the sake of trying to reach a wider audience so I won't demand the original assets be put in but I will ask that some sort of option to play with original assets and physics be added for those of us who don't have kids watching us play or a stream chat that might turn their nose up at anything with too much fan service.

Well from a gameplay perspective nothing changed, so the gameplay you saw is still the same. Games are there for ... well gameplay and although art does play a role in the feel of a game, if you look at the changes they are pretty much "only" in the splash art which you only pretty much see in the loading screen. I mean you could look up a picture of the char how it used too look and alt-tab while the loading screen comes up. Same thing in the end.

I have seen the complete list of what they actually changed and i bet most people that complain about the censorship have no actual clue what exactly changed. It's nothing too overdramatic that all of a sudden makes the game "kids friendly" in any way. So why do they even change it ? No clue to be honest since it wasn't that impactfull to begin with. Maybe to just make it more natural and fitting (#PleaseSaveNormalBodyProportionsInGamesTY).

I mean once there is too much fanservice it's hard to not just simply write it off as cheap pron in gameformat, which i kinda understand why they want to steer clear of that in western countries. They could add the option to make it changeable yes, but then again if it has a open option it will be judged on that so it wouldn't matter in the end. All in all i think people are simply blowing it out of proportion out of pure spite that "something" has been censored however small it may be.

It's like some people here (not you directly) are being the exact opposite of a SJW. SJW's don't care what changes aslong as something changes and SJD's (social justice delinquents) don't care how much gets consored/changed, they hate it aslong as something gets censored/changed (down to the pixel it seems). Two sides of extremes which isn't healthy, being only black or white makes the world dull there is also still grey between that.

I didn't even notice anything was censored when i played the game for the first time. I only found out by finding this thread and then started looking. I mean if they started completely altering the game i would speak against that, but these changes are so damn small that you need a magnifiying glass to actually find them + instructions that something has changed.

TL:DR People just need to wait a bit till somebody finds out how to tweak the files for the old splash art and everything will be alright again. I think i already saw somebody have some succes in the steam forums somewhere.

• ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    @rawrzory

You wrong, gameplay is not all, else no use to try new moba. DotA 1 was perfect for lot of players, and no one play it more. Cause graphic count too.
    And it's the chara design who pulled me to this game, and for sure lot of others ppl.

The real probleme is only rare ppl (who maybe will never play) was complaining about chara design, where most of ppl dont want it change or dont care. I will not spend time, and less money in a game where the voice of majority dont count.

If they just keep cheating with only censor spash arts, i can deal with it even if it make me angry. But if they touch at in game models, i uninstall instant.
  • gonzolanzogonzolanzo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    I know outrage culture goes both ways and I understand The changes were made in the hopes people wouldn't write it off as a typical asian game that's all and no substance. My issues isn't that the game is slightly less titillating, it's that they felt pressured into making any sort of alterations at all. They made changes to assets in an effort to cast a wider net and be less offensive to people sensitive to the female form at the expense of those of us who just want to play the game as it looks in KR. I enjoy the game but that enjoyment is soured when I know the localization team will change assets in an attempt to please someone who said the big breasts on kurenai's portrait art made them uncomfortable. meanwhile, I just have to deal with it when that art is altered to appease them. That's why I support the idea of an option to play with unaltered assets. It shows they're listening to both people who want changes and people who don't. If anyone judges them poorly for that then there's a good chance they don't actually care about the game and are just looking for the next piece of media to be moral outraged over.
  • MoranguinhaMoranguinha
    edited August 27, 2017
    Game is already dead too. 500 players peak. Every single game I get paired with bad players vs people who already know the game.
    This game is doomed to fail and Nexon are running out of populated games in the west..
    15 bucks for a dead censored unbalanced early access? LMAO
    If it wasnt for the free keys this would be another bierzerkers.

Let's add cubes so people have to gamble to get their skins.

Long run they said :D
  • KilluaKillua
    Hyper Universe Rep: 220
    The edits definitely made them better.
  • SayaneSayane
    Hyper Universe Rep: 200
    catering to the needs of people who will never play your game? ok, I'll reach lvl 10 because dunno if the lvl up rewards are limited time or not but after that I'll stop playing this game. I'll come back when someone makes an uncensored mod and if Nexon starts banning people for using that mod then fk it, this game can go die.

I'm sick and tired of companies making very small yet frustrating censorship to cater to people( cough SJW cough) who will NEVER play your game, you just piss of your fanbase.

Besides, what's one player leaving this game gonna affect the game right? I'll also won't recommend this game to any of my friends for sure lol till a mod to decensor is present
  • SayaneSayane
    Hyper Universe Rep: 200
    edited August 28, 2017
    Please add original textures for characters, the children are still playing GtaV and Extreme violence games, but are you saying that they will be corrupted for seeing a little part of female tit? Come on, female body is natural. But extreme violence, a lot of blood this will be censored, not character bodies, furthermore, its parent's responsability that his child play the games. I don't understand the occidental mentality and yes. I am from spain.

Amen hermano.
This discussion has been closed.