edited August 28, 2017
    KingArthur wrote: »
    vfQeBFt.png

UMe8Xpc.png

fTqoLP5.png

WWud3Vq.png

ce3S8Jd.png

pyw253C.png

Man, even paid skins got censored. You really don't want my money do you Nexon? :/

This is why I uninstalled the game till I see a mod that decensors the horse manure Nexon has made; though I doubt a mod will show up. As much as it pains me to say this I hope this game Dies and gets cancelled. I told several of my friends to stay away from this game as well( I used to tell them to play it and they were interested, but not anymore). When the game does die off due to lack of players I can then buy a korean account to play the unaltered version of the game.
    Arbitrary
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    Driftlock wrote: »
    One thing I really wish game developers in general would consider is this...if they're taking the time to censor a model, why not make it an option?

Add/create parental controls and allow us to toggle whether we're seeing the censored or uncensored versions, much like chat/mature filters you find in games. I find that simple and a fair compromise to censorship, but often find that for whatever legal/preferential/whatever reason, companies never do so.

I have the right answer but it worth a warning/ban xD
    Destiny child's did it . But there is koreans and there is occidentals devs...
    https://steparu.com/latest-news/2384-destiny-child-s-censorship-comparison-between-normal-vs-teen-version
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Shakrina wrote: »
    God dat censor stupid af.
    Well, will just make my daily vs AI till global release and if this still there, uninstall will be my only move.
    Wont waste time like for Tera for find originals textures.

But anyway when i read everywhere how ppl complain about the censor of this game. I guess game is born dead.

Friendly reminder that you are allowed to post constructive criticism, your opinion, etc but calling people and companies names will be deleted / modified. This has been your first warning.

Even if it was rude, it's constructive. It's important to understand how devs think for guess what kind of "funnys" things will go out from their brain.
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    edited August 29, 2017
    I just wish to give fair warning since Hyper Universe is still really new to the West at least.

If Hyper Universe keeps bending over backwards to cater to overzealous or hyper-sensitive people by going against the artistic integrity of the original vision of the artstyle of this game it will go the way of Marvel Comics.

I work in the comic book industry and I've seen what happens when people complain about busty/sexy character or complain about their costumes and Marvel comics caters to the complaints about how female super heroes were portrayed. One change leads to another, and another and another.

Now only a year or two later nobody gives a damn about Spider woman anymore. Everyone ignores Carol Danvers now. The funny thing is, the people who Marvel has made all these changes to these changes for don't even buy the books or support the company! so what's the point?!

People are actually celebrating X-23 returning to her original leather outfit in the upcoming Cable issues, compared to being the new Wolverine.

When these characters for Hyper Universe were created, they were created with a vision as to how they who they were going to be, and how to be portrayed. The people complaining as to how big an woman's breasts are or how much cleavage is showing are the same people who don't even play this game, nor desire to support it.

All I'm saying is that you keep making changes and soon enough it'll become expected. They'll keep saying "The elf's breast are still too big!" or "the ninja girl is way too sexualized!" And if Hyper refuses it'll create a real shitstorm from the internet news and the pressure will FORCE them to make the change.

Drawing a line in the sand is a brave and hard thing to do. But when you draw that line and stand by it, you show them that you don't back down from the artistic vision that the original creators for this game had. "Badass legends who kick ass and look super sexy while doing it."

Very few people can fight off complainers like the Takahisa Taura who created Nier Automata for 2B having her booty showing all the time. That game alone saved Platinum!
    When you stick to your guns, you are rewarded BY THE FANS, NOT BY THE COMPLAINERS!

Not all games are for everyone, that's just fact. If people don't like games about war, they don't play it. If people don't like sexy woman and hot topless guys, they won't play it.

Hyper Universe says that they will compromise to both parties, but time will tell. So far I just see them catering to the whiners.
    Let Tatyana's inferior new artwork serve as a sign of things to come if it keeps going in the direction its going. I enjoy this game, so I am scared for it.
    ShakrinaAFKzorKingArthurSirObesityChristmasChanArbitraryLilSlaveryMaruuWatchGintamaBearil
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    edited August 29, 2017
    I really like the art. It's what attracted me to this game. I'm also willing to shell out money for the new skins as well. However, I may end up holding my money if I'm going to get watered down versions of the art. I'm certain there are other people who feel the same way that I do.

As the Hegoken pointed out, you can listen to the people who want the game untouched, where the few complainers will probably leave while the rest continue to support your game by buying new skins... Or you can listen to the complainers, whereas you'll gain any revenue from neither the complainers nor the people who were willing to support you.

I also want what they have in Korea so there...

It's your call.
    BearilHegoken
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    I just want to give my 2 cents. First off ill say games that show skin like this catch my eye because im a perv and not ashamed to admit it. I seen the ad on facebook and clicked it because the art was sexy and good. I NEVER Click on fb ads because companies usually lie out of the ass and use fake pics for their game ads. Not this game tho. I did research on the game and noticed the succubus hyper and got more sold on the game. So after checking out the gameplay i bought it since it was on steam fo 10$.

So my point? My point is that the art ALONE sold me on this game. It really did. So be careful with the censorship. If u censor the succubus too hard im out. Boob size reduction is fine, got no problem with that. But her erotic portrait. Of her touching her tongue has to stay.
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    @ChristmasChan

You are the first here that simply gives a honest comment which is something i applaud. As a second you are even somewhat lenient about the censorship. I'm about to give you a standing ovation. Not even joking.
    ChristmasChan
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    edited August 29, 2017
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    @ChristmasChan

You are the first here that simply gives a honest comment which is something i applaud. As a second you are even somewhat lenient about the censorship. I'm about to give you a standing ovation. Not even joking.

I appreciate that thx. I just try to give benefit of the doubt when it comes to korean games coming over to NA like this one because the angry mom comments in this country are strong and hard (just look at what happened to the tracer fiaso in OW... there are also a ton of examples in shadowverse) HOWEVER, you do not need to completely get rid of the core attraction this games art is trying to show, and that is sexy women in sexy poses. it is not ashamed of what it is trying to be, so therefore you shouldnt censor that. breast size reduction is stupid but if you HAVE to censor something then that is probably the best way to go about doing it because atleast the core aspect of the character trying to be sexy is there. Censoring cleavage is also pointless, i wont even try to defend that. ive seen more cleavage on my 3rd-4th grade teachers, some of which didnt bother to wear bras btw. not even a lie (im 27 now). but regardless, even that ill be ok with.

what im not ok with is entire poses being removed or changed because its "too sexy" for a game that is meant to be sexy... names being changed because its too sexy for a name... the Succubus is the real test to see how far they will go with censorship in this game seeing as how that character is the epitome of sexy in this game, and that is because it is also her THEME to be sexy. all it takes is one and they will feel it ok to go with 2, then 3, then 4... etc, this is why the succubus will be my personal testing point to see how far they go with censoring.

Id also like to say that personally, IF i had kids, which i dont, id have zero problem with them playing this game. if its not nudity there is nothing wrong with it. nothing is going to stop a kid that just hit puberty from being horny, trust me. you could be wearing a fully clothed dress from neck to feet with the only skin being shown is the face and all that will do is get that kid stuck with a elegant dress fetish.
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    edited August 29, 2017
    Well its sad they did that to the original skins, but maybe they reverse the changes in some later released skins, would make me purchase it if they did. Definitely a little bitter they changed the current purchasable skins too, they didnt have to go that far. The base skin is one thing, but the purchased ones ppl dont have have to get if they don't want to. I won't be getting skins I was considering now.
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Sayane wrote: »
    KingArthur wrote: »
    vfQeBFt.png

UMe8Xpc.png

fTqoLP5.png

WWud3Vq.png

ce3S8Jd.png

pyw253C.png

Man, even paid skins got censored. You really don't want my money do you Nexon? :/

This is why I uninstalled the game till I see a mod that decensors the horse manure Nexon has made; though I doubt a mod will show up. As much as it pains me to say this I hope this game Dies and gets cancelled. I told several of my friends to stay away from this game as well( I used to tell them to play it and they were interested, but not anymore). When the game does die off due to lack of players I can then buy a korean account to play the unaltered version of the game.

I think you're being a little overreactive, but I do wish they'd put it to a vote or something, rather than forcing it down our throats. I'm a little angry myself with the changes, not so much to the base skin, but to the purchasable ones. Since base skins everyone has to live with, but the purchasable is too far, those are optional and should be favorable to the consumers. Only thing I will do out of anger, is not buy the skin, when I would have otherwise. Im just one person tho. there should be a petition or in game consumer vote for this.
    SirObesity
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    I agree with Arbitrary. The changes aren't enough to get me to stop playing the game. I like the game. I just won't be purchasing any of the new skins. That's all.
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225

what im not ok with is entire poses being removed or changed because its "too sexy" for a game that is meant to be sexy... names being changed because its too sexy for a name... the Succubus is the real test to see how far they will go with censorship in this game seeing as how that character is the epitome of sexy in this game, and that is because it is also her THEME to be sexy. all it takes is one and they will feel it ok to go with 2, then 3, then 4... etc, this is why the succubus will be my personal testing point to see how far they go with censoring.

This is very wise. I think this will prove just how far Hyper Universe is willing to go to jeopardize their artistic integrity. They don't have a very large fan base at all, and to neglect from listening to the people with accounts they either committed time and/or money to, then that will show us some real colours of their company and business practices.

If people who are willing to pay, play, and support this game are not worth catering to, then why bother dealing with Hyper Universe?

When this game goes free to play, most players will look at this game like chewing some cheap bubble gum, chew it once, spit it out and move onto another piece. The crowd taking time to play this game right now is something REAL, and I hope the team behind Hyper Universe sees that.

Here we are going into forums, communicating and sharing our thoughts.

We love super muscular manly warriors like Trakakhan, to cute little magical girls like Pinky, but we also love hot busty babes like Tatyana and all those different amazing characters. To tone them down is a disservice as to what enticed us to even try the game.

If they keep downplaying and censoring the aesthetics of the game, then we may as well download the Korean version of the game, where its the true and original vision for this game. I will not put any funds into a company that can't even have the courage to stand by the original vision they set out to achieve, and waste time catering to people that don't even have any real interest in their game.

You give to the fans, the fans give back. I promise if they return Tatyana's splash art and all the other ladies to their original state, and keep things looking as they originally did, they fans would no longer feel tricked or slighted. Hell, I'd buy some skins right out of the gate, not for the sexiness, (I main Cain and Allen), but for the courage to stand their ground to maintain their awesome original vision and giving to their fans.

And if they do this, then as fans, we should continue to support them for supporting us. It's a symbiotic relationship.
    ShakrinaKingArthurSirObesityArbitraryMaruu
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    Hyper Universe Rep: 205
    edited August 30, 2017
    Can Nexon please censor Trak his nips offend me and my whole family also censor Louis stomach, its highly offensive and perverted it's to distracting to play the game.
    While I'm at it can you censor Cain's mouth with a mask or something, it's very displeasing and is to sexual to be seen by anyone under 18. The Mothers' Association of Complaints will not stand for this one bit.
    ArbitraryShakrina
  • TomekPLTomekPL
    Not only graphic images have been retouched. Also the physics of the body has changed. In the Korean version of the game, the breasts of our heroines are waving. (Bounce ?). In English version these parts of the body are stiff like stones ( except Celine - her effect is visible - probably the censor she missed)
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    god dam sj
    TomekPL wrote: »
    Not only graphic images have been retouched. Also the physics of the body has changed. In the Korean version of the game, the breasts of our heroines are waving. (Bounce ?). In English version these parts of the body are stiff like stones ( except Celine - her effect is visible - probably the censor she missed)

Just making us sad with all these changes... why not just erase the female characters entirely so no one gets offended. jesus.
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Me it's done, have stop play. Will just wait and watch if devs kill the game or change mind and give us what they show us at start.
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    edited August 30, 2017

Oh ? I read in a list of changes it was just the splash art.

Edit: I compared the 2 versions and as i first thought the in-game model for victoria was changed as i looked further into it is seems her breasts are still the same size (huge when viewed from the side i may add), but the guy that uploaded the vid used another color palete making it seem different.

All in all i'm having a real hard time finding these exact changes, but it seem only minimal work has been done on the pyschics. As mostly removing them. Well it's a shame in the case of blue rose, but i can't be bothered enough by it to start a riot.
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    edited August 30, 2017
    Rawrzory wrote: »

Oh ? I read in a list of changes it was just the splash art.

Edit: I compared the 2 versions and as i first thought the in-game model for victoria was changed as i looked further into it is seems her breasts are still the same size (huge when viewed from the side i may add), but the guy that uploaded the vid used another color palete making it seem different.

All in all i'm having a real hard time finding these exact changes, but it seem only minimal work has been done on the pyschics. As mostly removing them. Well it's a shame in the case of blue rose, but i can't be bothered enough by it to start a riot.

It be nice to have the choice, if they released a mod I'd have no complaints. Give people the choice or put it to a vote rather than forcing unwanted changes. Removing physics just to be more like LoL isn't what fans want as you can plainly see by the thread. Everyone so scared of sexuality here it's silly. Even older fighting games than LoL had breast physics. It's not like it's something new and scary ffs.
    Maruu
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    @Arbitrary

Well it would be nice if they actually offered the option yeah for 2 simple reasons.

1. People can finaly calm down.
    2. There would be a choice.

I can understand them not giving the option though, else the censorship on it's own wouldn't have a use to start with. It would get judged like there would be no option to censor. That said as it stands now there have been changes that i don't fully understand why. Mainly why hasn't celine gotten the same treatment as the rest ? Was it too much work ?

Also i looked at the gameplay and some of the chars are actually more natural with the physics. Some are a bit too puddinglike, but as you said its not that we haven't ever seen that before.

Meh all in all as i have said before the censorship boggles my mind at certain certain points. It's a weird line they are trying to draw epecially since one char was able to retain her "status".
  • PythiePythie
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    edited August 30, 2017
    The game's essence is a 4v4 side-scrolling MOBA, the art supplements it, and I enjoy the art as well!

Again, though, we are compromising between the two parties. We want the game to be more accessible to people of all ages, occupations, etc. We heard more than a few times, in person and in private on-line, "Yeah, I wouldn't want my daughter/son seeing this". That is not a good image. It is painfully obvious the Asian and Western markets are different, or else we wouldn't be doing these minimal changes to appeal to the Western market while keeping the overall artistic integrity in-check like I mentioned before.

Trust me when I say we are not thinking short-term with this game, we are thinking long-term and about the side effects of the changes. We are not just "knee-jerking" to react to a "couple" of complainers. I realize these changes will not make everyone happy, but I hope you can at least see it from our point of view when it comes to marketing of the game, overall enjoyment, content creators, and more.

You do not have to worry about Hypers and Skins being withheld (barring legal issues).

I hope this quells your fears a bit, @GabeSkywalker.

Ok but what about those of us on the other side of the argument, do the people who think kids shouldn't be allowed so see cleavage matter more than us? For me right now I feel far less likely to continue playing this game now that I'm aware of the censorship; and there's no way I'm going to be buying skins if they're watered down worse versions of the original

I also want to point out that this isn't a compromise at all, because you're only appealing to one side of the argument. If you really wanted to compromise you'd add 2 different versions of the game a censored one and a uncensored one; You're censoring the game and doing nothing for the people who don't want it censored.
    Arbitrary
This discussion has been closed.