Please note that there is a new forum user approval process before you can start posting. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be approved.

Tatyana

AppleWitchAppleWitch
Hyper Universe Rep: 110
in Hyper Discussion
So why Tatyana is Tatyana? In original version she's Olga

Comments

• PlayBoyManPlayBoyMan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    Tatyana has a nice ring to it. I like the name.
  • ArcvArcv
    Hyper Universe Rep: 540
    IMO, Olga sounds too barbaric/savage, Tatyana sounds way too much of a cliche (American pretty girl) name. We need a mix of both! Like look at Major Kusanagi, she got a pretty bomb ass name...
  • BroochBrooch
    Hyper Universe Rep: 110
    Arcv wrote: »
    IMO, Olga sounds too barbaric/savage, Tatyana sounds way too much of a cliche (American pretty girl) name. We need a mix of both! Like look at Major Kusanagi, she got a pretty bomb ass name...

I have to disagree. To me, both Olga and Tatyana sound like foreign names and not 'American pretty girl'. They both sound like perfect names for girls who like BEER!
  • ArcvArcv
    edited July 3
    Tatyana sounds she likes wine lol. Olga sounds like she likes beer. Olga sounds foreign, Tatyana is not a common american name but it still sounds pretty cliche to me, I thought that Tatyana sounded and perhaps looked a bit like she was Russian. hmm..
  • TheChaosLegendTheChaosLegend
    Hyper Universe Rep: 470
    Tatyana is still better and less bland then Jennifer :/

TBH Tatyana sounds fine to me
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,885
    Administrator
    edited July 7
    Tatyana (Татьяна) is a Russian name, and admittedly I suggested it. "Olga" is considered an ugly name here in the US due to it's harsh pronunciation, even though it's considered beautiful in Russia. Tatyana is viewed as beautiful in both Russia and America, and we thought it fit her better, hence why we changed it.

We are up for opinions about other names, such as Jennifer, however. :)
  • ArcvArcv
    Tatyana (Татьяна) is a Russian name, and admittedly I suggested it. "Olga" is considered an ugly name here in the US due to it's harsh pronunciation, even though it's considered beautiful in Russia. Tatyana is viewed as beautiful in both Russia and America, and I thought it fit her better, hence why we changed it.

We are up for opinions about other names, such as Jennifer, however. :)

:) How about
    Tana
    Vera
    Faith
    Jade
    Eva
    Anya
    Tanya
    Cassidy
    Paris
    Kira