in game voice chat and

GlacieredGlaciered
Hyper Universe Rep: 125
in Suggestions and Feedback
a easy functioning mute button too.
THAnk you, I need to be able to communicate with my team about when we want to group fight etc, if there are only 2 people alive tell them to go jungle cause they more than likely arent reading chat.

Comments

• AskichiAskichi
    Hyper Universe Rep: 130
    edited September 5, 2017
    There are ping in the game to communicate with your team, which makes a notification on the map along with a noise. Pressing "g" tells your team to group where you are in the chat along with a map notification and sound.. Then left clicking on the map will send a warning ping at the click on area along with a sound. Apologies that I do not know the other pings off hand but I will look them up when I get home!

As for voice chat, I feel that it is not necessary for playing Hyper Universe. In most of my games there are barely any pings because everyone is just learning how to play and playing for strategy is a loose concept right now. Once everyone understands the flow of Hyper Universe then pings will outweigh the need of voice chat due to people all knowing the basics. In addition to this, fights are way to hectic and fast paced for communication due to skills being on short cool downs.

Now that I am home the pings are as followed.
    "g" Is group up at your character location.
    "left click" Group up at the location your mouse cursor is at on the map.
    "h" Is retreat at your character location.
    "right click" Retreat at the location your cursor is at on the map.
    These are all default key binds.
  • GlacieredGlaciered
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    Askichi wrote: »
    There are ping in the game to communicate with your team, which makes a notification on the map along with a noise. Pressing "g" tells your team to group where you are in the chat along with a map notification and sound.. Then left clicking on the map will send a warning ping at the click on area along with a sound. Apologies that I do not know the other pings off hand but I will look them up when I get home!

As for voice chat, I feel that it is not necessary for playing Hyper Universe. In most of my games there are barely any pings because everyone is just learning how to play and playing for strategy is a loose concept right now. Once everyone understands the flow of Hyper Universe then pings will outweigh the need of voice chat due to people all knowing the basics. In addition to this, fights are way to hectic and fast paced for communication due to skills being on short cool downs.

Now that I am home the pings are as followed.
    "g" Is group up at your character location.
    "left click" Group up at the location your mouse cursor is at on the map.
    "h" Is retreat at your character location.
    "right click" Retreat at the location your cursor is at on the map.
    These are all default key binds.

I know all this, but not all teams know how to watch the map and will actually follow pings because people will be accidentally pressing them and stuff like that, Or I know my fat fingers do. In game voice chat would allow people to know when and where to be places and allow more coordination. Like on the new map dragon refuge I'd prefer if my team understood why we should just jungle as a team for like the first little while, stealing enemy team jungles etc, but I dont want to argue with them in chat and waste time I could be using playing the actual game. Sorry if that sounded rude and drawn out lmao wasn't my intention.
  • ArcvArcv
    Hyper Universe Rep: 785
    I understand what you want and where you are coming from, but in-game voice chat for this kind of moba and many other games in general might be quite disruptive, and could cause negative outcomes as well. Keep that in mind, I do however would like to advocate for a more efficient ping system or better additions to communication to the game.

Just a side note - you don't need voice chat to make decent plays.