I'm playing in 1440p, fonts seems "blurry" a bit?

squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
Hyper Universe Rep: 425
edited September 3, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Game is fun, very addictive and all but does the fonts in this game seems a bit on the low resolution side for you guys? Anyone else playing in 1440p? All the text/fonts in this game look very much "pixelated". It's as if the fonts aren't scaling properly and just look "stretched". It makes reading some of the skills and other stuff a real chrore. It's no unreadable but it's borderline. If anyone knows how image resizing work in general here's the best example I can think of, open a .jpg of 320x240 pixel, stretch that image all the way to 1920x1080, that's how the fonts feel in this game. I think like whoever was in charge of the interface messed up the English font integration, big time. Like, it's borderline game breaking, it makes reading skils and stuff such a chore. It really makes you wonder if you guys are putting any real work into this game at all, like this is the basic guys. Having fonts issues like this in 2017 is completely unacceptable.
DualToothBrushesYe4RazielWarmonic

Comments

• DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    This! This this this this this this this 100%

The texts are small and sorta blurry. It's really straining for me to see/read clearly. It might partially be my eyesight's problem to blame, but I've generally not had an issue seeing the texts in any other game I've played.
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    This! This this this this this this this 100%

The texts are small and sorta blurry. It's really straining for me to see/read clearly. It might partially be my eyesight's problem to blame, but I've generally not had an issue seeing the texts in any other game I've played.

Definitely not your eyes sight. It's a fonts issue, plain and simple.
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 3, 2017
    Actually I just remembered, the exact issue was happening in another Korean game. It was TERA the MMO, they had the exact same issue with their English fonts. Korean fonts were crystal clear but the NA client had the really crappy fonts. Someone eventually modded the game, it was as stupid as using another .fonts files and the font were crystal clear again.

So yea, to the moderator here, sent this whoever it concern and please have someone change the fonts because they look awfully bad!
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 5, 2017
    I also played the KR version yesterday, the KR version have the same issue but it's not as bad because the text is bigger. Seriously though, I don't get it, you have a superb game, amazing art style, awesome gameplay, like everything is extremely polished but then you have the @#$% fonts I've ever seen in a video before.

Here's a few examples.

Look at the differences between this game and Heroes of the Storm, it's day and night. Look at the text in the Hyper Universe screenshots it's all dirty, blurry and "pixelized". All 4 screenshots were taking at 1440p. Is that something that you guys can even fix? I really want this game to grow but when basic UI things like this get unnoticed I honestly start to wonder. By the way, it's not just me either, I got my friend into this game and believe it or not the FIRST THING he says was something along the line of "uh dude what's up with the text it's weird and #$%"...

O77YogK.jpg
    dVcCatd.jpg

L86uJbE.png
    4YaqHYJ.jpg

• PredictablePredictable
    Hyper Universe Rep: 415
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback! The game currently supports up to 1920x1080 resolution. What you are seeing is the entire game being upsized to 1440p, so you will see things like blurry textures and text.

We are quickly approaching an age where 2560x1440 monitors are going to be the norm, so implementing higher resolution support is definitely a priority. I do not have an ETA for when we will be providing support for higher resolutions, but it will be communicated to the dev team.

If you have any other suggestions or would like to continue providing feedback on how the game looks when it is upsized, please keep posting here!
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 5, 2017
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback! The game currently supports up to 1920x1080 resolution. What you are seeing is the entire game being upsized to 1440p, so you will see things like blurry textures and text.

We are quickly approaching an age where 2560x1440 monitors are going to be the norm, so implementing higher resolution support is definitely a priority. I do not have an ETA for when we will be providing support for higher resolutions, but it will be communicated to the dev team.

If you have any other suggestions or would like to continue providing feedback on how the game looks when it is upsized, please keep posting here!

You're right. If I use my main 1440p native monitor and simply put the game in 1080p + Windowed Mode all the texts and definitions becomes much clearer and sharp. If I put the game on my second monitor which is a 1080p native monitor there's no issue reading the text at all, most of the text and definition are much clearer. Finally when I put back the game on my main monitor, full screen and 1440p I can see a different and it's all ugly again :<

Aw man, this shucks big time :(
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    edited September 6, 2017
    Hey guys,

You're right. If I use my main 1440p native monitor and simply put the game in 1080p + Windowed Mode all the texts and definitions becomes much clearer and sharp. If I put the game on my second monitor which is a 1080p native monitor there's no issue reading the text at all, most of the text and definition are much clearer. Finally when I put back the game on my main monitor, full screen and 1440p I can see a different and it's all ugly again :<

As a temporary fix, if you have a Nvidia Geforce graphics card, you may be able to upscale the game with that. I believe I did it before we implemented 2k monitor support at home and I don't remember any issues with it, but I would have to check again. If you have this option available to you, let me know how it goes!

Here is a link on how to do it: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/dynamic-super-resolution-instantly-improves-your-games-with-4k-quality-graphics
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 6, 2017
    Hey guys,

As a temporary fix, if you have a Nvidia Geforce graphics card, you may be able to upscale the game with that. I believe I did it before we implemented 2k monitor support at home and I don't remember any issues with it, but I would have to check again. If you have this option available to you, let me know how it goes!

Here is a link on how to do it: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/dynamic-super-resolution-instantly-improves-your-games-with-4k-quality-graphics

That's the first thing I tried, but correct me if I'm wrong, it just seems like the fonts in the game currently don't scale at all with different resolution? I'm not sure if going 4k would do anything, my guess is that it would probably make the fonts look worst? Not sure?

Anyway, at this point I'm really willing to try anything but Hyper Universe doesn't seems to support DSR. Even if I put my monitor in 4k (using DSR, going from 1440p to 4k), the highest resolution I can select in-game is still 1440p. I've tried enabling all of the option in the Nvidia control panel (1x, 1.25x..etc), still can't go higher than 1440p in HU. DSR does work with other games though, dunno why I can't go past 1440p in HU. I think HU just doesn't support higher resolution or DSR. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know, I've used DSR before and I'm no stranger to tweaking and messing around with settings I've been doing this for years, pcmasterace haha :D
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 6, 2017
    I made it work in 4k, not sure why it wasn't working before. Game looks pretty for sure but like I though it just makes the fonts even uglier and harder to read :<
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Just adding my 2 cents again, are you sure it's not just a simple fonts issue where the actual fonts that are build into the game clients just don't scale properly with multiple different resolution? I know it's technically not that simple, lmao, but that's what it look like :>