Need range indicator when zoomed in.

zackdollarszackdollars
Hyper Universe Rep: 285
in Suggestions and Feedback
When playing zoomed in, we can't see too far. The mini-map isn't good enough to tell if an enemy is close enough to hit. It would be helpful if a "range indicator" could be added.
range-indicator-suggestion.jpg
AFKzor

Comments

• squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    I don't think this game was meant to be played zoomed in?
  • zackdollarszackdollars
    edited September 4, 2017
    I personally think it's a waste to make detailed characters and then play with zoom out max. They market the game as a mix between fighter and MOBA. The concept is to bring the character close, like a fighter, with MOBA inspirations.

EDIT:
    Any more information that could be added to the indicators would be helpful. For example, if I kill an enemy off-screen, it's hard to tell. Also, health bars for bosses are not visible. Maybe the answer is to have little character icons for allies/enemies/bosses which appear when in range?

Having said this, playing zoomed in works quite well. Having these indicators would be icing on the cake. :)
  • AlkorinAlkorin
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    I know Celine is nice to look at but save that for the training room.
  • zackdollarszackdollars
    edited September 5, 2017
    Here's why I like to play zoomed-in max...

youtu.be/hI52Fnx-PGA?t=9m30s
  • AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330

So why this option is in game?
    zackdollars
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    edited September 6, 2017
    AFKzor wrote: »

So why this option is in game?

Sigh, really? I think it's pretty obvious that playing this game all the way zoomed in does not work. Don't get me wrong, it does look awesome when zoomed in but regardless of having indicator or not you're missing way to much action. If people are fighting a little to far away having an indicator won't change the fact that you can't see what skill people are using or if they ulted or not, it just doens't work man. I just don't think it was meant to be played that way. Furthermore, look, you can certainly zoom your camera in League of Legend, Dota 2 and Heroes of the Storm, does this mean you should play all the way zoomed in those games? No, not at all, in fact literally no one play zoomed in those game and for good reasons.

It's just there because sometimes it's fun to look at your "character" and it's an easy thing for the dev to include. People buy their skin, they like to look at them from times to times, that's all there is to it.