This game is rather addicting and fun!

Comments

  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited September 4, 2017
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    @Rawrzory
    The same problem exists via Awesomenaughts though. People will stick to that due to it having a larger playerbase, and (I forgot to mention this) the sunk cost fallacy (basically they payed for it and things in it already to they're likely to keep playing it.)

    You got a point there, but at the same time the market is not that flooded with 2d moba's (yet) so there is still a chance so people that do like the 2d moba idea, but are not really enjoying awesomenauts (anymore) will join here. I played awesomenauts for some time and although i did enjoy the game, at one point i got bored of it as the playstyle was a bit too slow for my taste. This game for me feels more action based.

    The problem is this game is at this point more known for it's censorship than for being a game, people are leaving, and worst of all, there are people who are now having more fun watching the game die than playing it, there are people turning people away from the game, both for the censorship, and hilariously, people turning others away for not liking the censorship by insulting them, as the OP of this thread did in the other censorship thread. All the complaints against the game are basically a funeral dirge. 500 players at peak won't convince anyone there's a community worth joining and since they pushed away niche customers and decided that offending them was the way to go they're not going recover.
    jobeth wrote: »
    I'm glad new people are still joining on even with the whole censorship thing :D sadly until it goes by it won't grow much because the horde is scaring people away
    Even with censorship being plastered across the steam page all of the recent reviews are still positive, i hope that's enough to keep some people coming in

    ive put over 60 hours into the game already and i truly do enjoy the game. however i am still going to trash it if they over censor succubus. its about the principle. make your fans that play and support the game HAPPY, not appeal to the next to nothing minority that wont support your game. thats what this all comes down to and some people simple dont get that. at the end of the day you keep your supporters happy. if boobs make them happy then dont take away boobs.

    Arbitraryjobeth
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    Posts: 41
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    @AbsudelVect

    As i mentioned before i'm no saint. What i ment by that is i made the comment, but i'm here aswell writing as to why and how. I'm no better in that regard and will not claim i am. The difference being here though that you and i are holding a conversation where as some here and on the steam forums are simply trying to rile people up.

    With external sources i mean people actively writing youtubers, posting on every and channels they have and most likely some anti-censor groups out there. Telling your friends it's censored and to stay away from it is one thing. It's a whole other thing to go out of your way to inform the world and demonize it as much as you can.

    I don't think the youtuber actually found out himself that the game was censored. He must have heard it from somebody in the end right ? (he has over 100k subs ... believe me somebody told him). The youtuber will never play this game, he just reviews it in a negative daylight, (not how he presents it, but because his following is negative about censorship as i have seen in the comments).

    The only thing they are doing now is trying to ruin the game for the people that still actually enjoy it just for the gameplay. Most that play now most likely don't care if the censorhip stays or if it goes, but thats the only group in the end they will be hitting with this.

    I don't think they care though as i have seen nobody that has even said something in that direction. People are selfish, but that is not something that is new to me. If i can't have my cake i will make damn sure nobody gets a cake.

    They aren't doing anything wrong though, they're just trying to get the word out that the game is censored and you can't demonize a game by telling the truth. They did censor the game, and they did do it for a minority of players. Remember how I mentioned that more people know about the censorship than the game? If the majority really could be reached via censoring the game, then this should all be free marketing, but the game is instead hemorrhaging. As for the youtuber if you're talking about censored gaming, it's the whole point of their channel and his comments were completely neutral and informative in that video (IIRC he marks his opinion videos with EDITORIAL in the title and only in those videos does he make his anti-censorship stance clear). There are indeed people telling others not to play the game, but that's not likely to work on anyone who actually cared for the game. It's the censorship plain and simple turning people away. This is kinda like saying that we shouldn't let people know about the censorship, but the consumer has the right to know.
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    @Rawrzory
    The same problem exists via Awesomenaughts though. People will stick to that due to it having a larger playerbase, and (I forgot to mention this) the sunk cost fallacy (basically they payed for it and things in it already to they're likely to keep playing it.)

    You got a point there, but at the same time the market is not that flooded with 2d moba's (yet) so there is still a chance so people that do like the 2d moba idea, but are not really enjoying awesomenauts (anymore) will join here. I played awesomenauts for some time and although i did enjoy the game, at one point i got bored of it as the playstyle was a bit too slow for my taste. This game for me feels more action based.

    The problem is this game is at this point more known for it's censorship than for being a game, people are leaving, and worst of all, there are people who are now having more fun watching the game die than playing it, there are people turning people away from the game, both for the censorship, and hilariously, people turning others away for not liking the censorship by insulting them, as the OP of this thread did in the other censorship thread. All the complaints against the game are basically a funeral dirge. 500 players at peak won't convince anyone there's a community worth joining and since they pushed away niche customers and decided that offending them was the way to go they're not going recover.
    jobeth wrote: »
    I'm glad new people are still joining on even with the whole censorship thing :D sadly until it goes by it won't grow much because the horde is scaring people away
    Even with censorship being plastered across the steam page all of the recent reviews are still positive, i hope that's enough to keep some people coming in

    ive put over 60 hours into the game already and i truly do enjoy the game. however i am still going to trash it if they over censor succubus. its about the principle. make your fans that play and support the game HAPPY, not appeal to the next to nothing minority that wont support your game. thats what this all comes down to and some people simple dont get that. at the end of the day you keep your supporters happy. if boobs make them happy then dont take away boobs.

    I'm at almost 70 hours, I love the game as well and don't want to see it die, I totally understand the whole principal thing and I have been biting at the bit to play Camilla as well, they stated there would be no issue bringing her over
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited September 4, 2017
    @AbsudelVect

    Well not doing anything wrong is in the eye of the beholder really. From my standpoint they are currently. It's not the game they are demonizing, it's the censorship itself and that is the weird part about it. Instead of going to the roots of the problem with censorship in general or being more understanding as to why companies decide to do it and how, they simply say "it's censored, you won't uncensor, now we riot". Their wording is a bit longer, but it comes down to that really.

    Well as i said the youtuber himself is not expressing his likes or dislike for the censoring, but his following (atleast when i read the comments) where negative about it. They are in their good right to know yes, but as i said how many of the people that are his subs would have actually tried the game in the first place ? Exposure in a negative daylight is certainly what will flow out of it.

    Some people will not even look at the game purely based on the word censorship. Maybe if they where shown the game without any previous knowlegde they would liked it all the same. As i have said a few times before not all censorship is per se bad. I mean in this case i would say i don't really agree or disagree. There isn't a whole lot of difference. Atleast from my perspective.

    Even then if that one announcement was actually real (i haven't seen raziel deny (Edit: or confirm) it in the very same thread) it would mean the korean version gets the same treatment. So korean version = original version = the version we have ? It's not censorship from nexon at that point anymore so the complaints shouldn't be about this version and people are actually spreading misinformation about it.
    jobeth
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    Posts: 41
    Member
    @jobeth I think there will be an issue, it's kinda hard to pla
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    @AbsudelVect

    Well not doing anything wrong is in the eye of the beholder really. From my standpoint they are currently. It's not the game they are demonizing, it's the censorship itself and that is the weird part about it. Instead of going to the roots of the problem with censorship in general or being more understanding as to why companies decide to do it and how, they simply say "it's censored, you won't uncensor, now we riot". Their wording is a bit longer, but it comes down to that really.

    Well as i said the youtuber himself is not expressing his likes or dislike for the censoring, but his following (atleast when i read the comments) where negative about it. They are in their good right to know yes, but as i said how many of the people that are his subs would have actually tried the game in the first place ? Exposure in a negative daylight is certainly what will flow out of it.

    Some people will not even look at the game purely based on the word censorship. Maybe if they where shown the game without any previous knowlegde they would liked it all the same. As i have said a few times before not all censorship is per se bad. I mean in this case i would say i don't really agree or disagree. There isn't a whole lot of difference. Atleast from my perspective.

    Even then if that one announcement was actually real (i haven't seen raziel deny (Edit: or confirm) it in the very same thread) it would mean the korean version gets the same treatment. So korean version = original version = the version we have ? It's not censorship from nexon at that point anymore so the complaints shouldn't be about this version and people are actually spreading misinformation about it.

    All censorship is bad IMO no matter what, even if it's removing things I don't even like. Also the game being censored in Korea as well is a problem as well and it happened to this version first. People are angry that the game is censored, and their "riot" consists of telling other people it's censored. There is no way to demonize censorship because to the people that don't like it it's inherently negative. They aren't telling any lies, they aren't doing anything but spreading awareness to the community at large and people are deciding they don't want to support censorship. They have a right to know, and they make decisions on their own. I personally am subbed to censored gaming and I actually would have continued to play this game and promoted it to my friends, now I've stopped playing.
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    @AbsudelVect
    I'm just going off what was said, only time will tell i suppose
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 70
    Member
    All censorship is bad IMO no matter what, even if it's removing things I don't even like. Also the game being censored in Korea as well is a problem as well and it happened to this version first. People are angry that the game is censored, and their "riot" consists of telling other people it's censored. There is no way to demonize censorship because to the people that don't like it it's inherently negative. They aren't telling any lies, they aren't doing anything but spreading awareness to the community at large and people are deciding they don't want to support censorship. They have a right to know, and they make decisions on their own. I personally am subbed to censored gaming and I actually would have continued to play this game and promoted it to my friends, now I've stopped playing.

    Well i do hope the remark "all censorship is bad" does only reflect how you feel on censorship in games. If you mean censorship in general then we have a whole other beast to talk about and i for a 100% do not agree that "all" censorship is bad in that case. I will say that in games i agree somewhat with the statement then again i always view it from 2 sides.

    I know and understand that in the western market "lewd" games are not really socially accepted, but violence there is no problem with. The reverse being true for many asian countries. I can understand that the company does wish to be seen as "proper" in the western market. If a few inches of bust line in the splash art needs to be removed and some in game physics to make it so, then so be it. I am more interested in the game then i am in "lewd" splash art or psychics.

    Then again i do understand that people would like to see the "original art" or scenes of the original game as they are part of the story allot of times. In this case they do not really enhance the gameplay or story in anyway so the censorship is pretty much redundant in the logical sense. It adds nothing and also not really takes anything away it's too minimal for that to boot. If they actually covered them up from head to toe, i would be most likely be speaking against the censorship as i would feel that would take it a step too far. It really isn't though. As much as people claim their is no problem with keeping the original bust size the reverse is true as well.

    All in all the "spreading" of awareness is pretty much only limited to parties that will support the anti-censorship group. It's biased although not wrong initially as they "feel" they are doing something correct. It's creating untrue numbers in the end though to try and crowbar their decision onto the company. All in all there should be somebody that would go to group that are for censoring each and every game and show them what this game has done and get backing from them. Although lets be quite honest ... where would the REAL community opinion be at that point ? Is this about censorship or is it about the game ?

    If it's about censorship in general you are barking up the wrong tree. That is in a nutshell what i'm saying here. This game is not censored as the korean version is being made the same. I'll say again korean version = original version = the version that we have. It's not censored in comparison to the original version anymore so what are we talking about ? That censorship in games is generally bad ? Well sure we could discuss that if we where on a forums dedicated toward censored games in general. As this game does not fall under that catagory anymore it's ... well pointless.


  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    Posts: 41
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    All censorship is bad IMO no matter what, even if it's removing things I don't even like. Also the game being censored in Korea as well is a problem as well and it happened to this version first. People are angry that the game is censored, and their "riot" consists of telling other people it's censored. There is no way to demonize censorship because to the people that don't like it it's inherently negative. They aren't telling any lies, they aren't doing anything but spreading awareness to the community at large and people are deciding they don't want to support censorship. They have a right to know, and they make decisions on their own. I personally am subbed to censored gaming and I actually would have continued to play this game and promoted it to my friends, now I've stopped playing.

    Well i do hope the remark "all censorship is bad" does only reflect how you feel on censorship in games. If you mean censorship in general then we have a whole other beast to talk about and i for a 100% do not agree that "all" censorship is bad in that case. I will say that in games i agree somewhat with the statement then again i always view it from 2 sides.

    I know and understand that in the western market "lewd" games are not really socially accepted, but violence there is no problem with. The reverse being true for many asian countries. I can understand that the company does wish to be seen as "proper" in the western market. If a few inches of bust line in the splash art needs to be removed and some in game physics to make it so, then so be it. I am more interested in the game then i am in "lewd" splash art or psychics.

    Then again i do understand that people would like to see the "original art" or scenes of the original game as they are part of the story allot of times. In this case they do not really enhance the gameplay or story in anyway so the censorship is pretty much redundant in the logical sense. It adds nothing and also not really takes anything away it's too minimal for that to boot. If they actually covered them up from head to toe, i would be most likely be speaking against the censorship as i would feel that would take it a step too far. It really isn't though. As much as people claim their is no problem with keeping the original bust size the reverse is true as well.

    All in all the "spreading" of awareness is pretty much only limited to parties that will support the anti-censorship group. It's biased although not wrong initially as they "feel" they are doing something correct. It's creating untrue numbers in the end though to try and crowbar their decision onto the company. All in all there should be somebody that would go to group that are for censoring each and every game and show them what this game has done and get backing from them. Although lets be quite honest ... where would the REAL community opinion be at that point ? Is this about censorship or is it about the game ?

    If it's about censorship in general you are barking up the wrong tree. That is in a nutshell what i'm saying here. This game is not censored as the korean version is being made the same. I'll say again korean version = original version = the version that we have. It's not censored in comparison to the original version anymore so what are we talking about ? That censorship in games is generally bad ? Well sure we could discuss that if we where on a forums dedicated toward censored games in general. As this game does not fall under that catagory anymore it's ... well pointless.


    It is censored though, all this means is that they censored another version, it's still censorship it's just more thorough. The original version is the original Korean version, and yes, I believe all censorship is bad in the arts, if you define say, calling for violence being illegal is censorship then I also couldn't stand behind ALL censorship being bad.. Also you can say it adds or takes nothing away as much as you want but the principle of censorship is what people care about, not what was actually changed. There is nothing stopping people who do care or like the game from trying to spread awareness at all. It's just that some (not you) would rather insult people and push them away from the community. The same people who dislike the game as it is now could have been people that spread word of the game, if they had liked it. They may have liked the game were it originally made this way. However we don't live in that hypothetical world.

    There is a problem in not keeping the original bust size, and it presents itself right here! Even if it's only an emotional or principal response the fact that it IS censorship is what makes it a problem, not what was changed, but the fact that something was changed at all to appease someone outside the audience to try and reach for that audience. No matter how much you tell someone not much was changed or it isn't a problem they perceive it as a problem. The more you tell them it isn't the more you build on their emotional response since you're telling them something that they care about doesn't matter, it actually doesn't matter if that thing is censorship or boobs. Censoring the game in this way takes something HUGE away, and that's the trust the playerbase could have for the developer, it's gone now in the eyes of many, many players.
  • AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330
    Posts: 37
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »

    I know and understand that in the western market "lewd" games are not really socially accepted

    What is accepted is based on sales. And in west sales the games like Senran Kagura tell completely opposite to what you say.
  • WillJoestarWillJoestar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    Posts: 20
    Member
    Censorship beef in this game is childish it don't effect gameplay like in games like ninja garden, and theres tons of fan service well after censorship breasts go from Double Gs to double Fs and peeps are still mad meh game is awesome and that's all that counts!
    jobethsquiddlydoo
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 70
    Member
    @AFKzor

    If only sales would be any kind of indication what is normal. I mean i know lots and lots of different things that have a HUGE market, but without going in too much needless details ... i can tell you they are not normal. If you don't know what i'm talking about, good keep it that way. If you do understand i think we can agree that sales do not go hand in hand with something being normal.

    @AbsudelVect

    Well the reason it's a problem is because of mass hysteria atleast that is what i think. In this case playing into the "fear" that more will get changed. It shuts down pretty much any form of reasoning and quickly grows in size as more rumors spread. The best cases i have seen here is people saying things like "before you know it they will be wearing burkas" and "you will never know what they will change next!" and more of these sort of comments. I think the first comment was more meant as a joke, but at the same time it will have a boosting effect on the hysteria for some.

    I wonder how many people would actually go full "anti-censorship" ham if for example everybody heard the news seperately and had no way of communicating with others before they had to make their final stand on the subject. I think you would see allot less people having problems with it or atleast in a less extreme manner. So in the end i believe it's because people just rile each other up and censorship being a buzz word at the moment. I'm not saying everybody is like that, but my guess is quite a few are (especially steam is a shining example hence i stopped posting there).

    In the end i think we can agree to disagree as we simply have different views on the matter. I will not be able to convince you that it's not that big of a deal and you will not be able to convince me it is. I will say i still respect the stance you take on the matter though and i hope the same works in reverse.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    Posts: 41
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    I will say i still respect the stance you take on the matter though and i hope the same works in reverse.

    Indeed I do.

  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    Posts: 166
    Member
    Just as a reminder, please keep everything regarding the modified artwork to this thread please: http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/356/censoreship-of-the-game

    Thank you!
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    @RazielWarmonic
    yeah this thread did get kinda out of hand XD
  • RoytonRoyton
    Hyper Universe Rep: 210
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited September 7, 2017
    I've been thinking of buying the game myself, but recently I learnt Nexon was the publisher.
    I haven't been around the company and it's games in a couple years, and everyone should know how it was back in those days.
    So for the 15$ price tag they have on steam, I'm guessing they've stepped their "game" up recently?
  • NaoNao
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 160
    Member
    very fun game :3
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 70
    Member
    Royton wrote: »
    I've been thinking of buying the game myself, but recently I learnt Nexon was the publisher.
    I haven't been around the company and it's games in a couple years, and everyone should know how it was back in those days.
    So for the 15$ price tag they have on steam, I'm guessing they've stepped their "game" up recently?

    Depends on how you look at it i suppose. I have played some other nexon games as well that i personally feel haven't been handled well. This one however so far has been good fun. If you don't take into calculation the entire discussion that has been going on and purely look at the game, yeah it's enjoyable.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    Posts: 41
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    Royton wrote: »
    I've been thinking of buying the game myself, but recently I learnt Nexon was the publisher.
    I haven't been around the company and it's games in a couple years, and everyone should know how it was back in those days.
    So for the 15$ price tag they have on steam, I'm guessing they've stepped their "game" up recently?

    Depends on how you look at it i suppose. I have played some other nexon games as well that i personally feel haven't been handled well. This one however so far has been good fun. If you don't take into calculation the entire discussion that has been going on and purely look at the game, yeah it's enjoyable.

    Lots of nexon games can be fun, but they don't really have the best track record for customer support, even ignoring the censorship discussion. Granted there are worse publishers a certain stealth game about nuclear equiped walkers and long cutscenes' publisher comes to mind...
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    Posts: 168
    Member
    Royton wrote: »
    I've been thinking of buying the game myself, but recently I learnt Nexon was the publisher.
    I haven't been around the company and it's games in a couple years, and everyone should know how it was back in those days.
    So for the 15$ price tag they have on steam, I'm guessing they've stepped their "game" up recently?

    I think they said the price tag will rise too. If you want in, now is the time. Unfortunately, I would encourage you to wait, maybe watch a few broadcasts/videos of people playing it. The game is fun, but unless you can see yourself grinding out 1 - 2 maps for 60+ hrs and have nothing to show for it but a few profile pictures, you will probably bet turned away. The community is small and mixed with a number of people trying to sabotage the game. Barring them, the game is a blast.

    You'll want to get an opinion on the respawn timers and CC in this game before you play because they can be a huge turn off for new players.