Cube rewards are too slow.

zackdollarszackdollars
Hyper Universe Rep: 285
edited September 6, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Maybe it will change after early access, but we only get 3 cubes per day. And each cube only offers a 15-33 percent of a skin/emblem/etc. Even after disassembling them, I'm level 17 and have yet to earn a single skin/emblem.

I have a full time job, and Overwatch had a similar problem for me. I actually quit playing Overwatch because I spent many hours during a season, and could not afford the single item I wanted.

The rewards are important, and should be much faster.
RazielWarmonicTomahawkgotohell
  1. Are the cubes rewarded fast enough?11 votes
    1. Yes. I get cubes at a nice pace.
       9% (1 vote)
    2. No. Cubes are rewarded too slowly.
       91% (10 votes)

Comments

• DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    I think we have to wait for other systems to come in. I feel like cubes will be sold in the shop. It's also tough because the cube crafting system seems to cost a lot of gold.

As of right now, we aren't playing to test skins but the game itself. We will already be ahead of anyone that jumps into the game later so i think it's fine for now.

But if this were live, I would agree. It's slow.... painfully slow especially since I haven't found any skin rewards through the story.
    zackdollarsRyochanFoxpaws00
  • BearilBearil
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    Main problem imo are loadouts slots parts, since they bloat the prize pool a lot, and you will rarely need more than 2-3 slots on your favorite hypers.

But even fixing that doesnt solve the issue of super slow progression be getting special items (thanks god we dont have that issue for now) skins or just emotes
    zackdollars
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    Yeah this "20 fragments get you the thing" system is a bit wack honestly. Either the total fragments required should be lower or certain drops should just straight up be the icon/emote/skin/etc.
    zackdollarsTomahawkgotohell
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    I honestly would prefer if these tokens and things were more from events or something, because i dont see myself being able to get any of even the emblems anytime soon, and thats with... 21 hours of game time. there are so many different types of fragments its almost impossible to get the ones you want reliably.
    zackdollars
  • KenomaKenoma
    Hyper Universe Rep: 145
    edited September 7, 2017
    The system is not only a massive gold sink but a massive time vampire. I've yet to see a single player touting any rewards from the system.
    zackdollars
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    The cubes system is really bad. It's obviously made so you never get to obtain anything from it, it sucks. I'm level 10 now, got something like 30 or 40 cubes maybe? No a single useful things from them and I can't craft a single thing from everything I got either. It's honestly just bad, I'm not even opening them anymore, it's a giant waste of time :<
    zackdollars
  • AlkorinAlkorin
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited September 7, 2017
    Let's not forget that even if you get the fragments, everything other than loadout slots also needs a Hyper Core. I've opened 60+ cubes and haven't gotten a single Hyper Core. I've also disassembled pretty much every fragment I don't want/need to reassemble into other fragments, and out of every fragment I've gotten a single skin fragment. Yes, ONE skin fragment for one skin. The cube system as it is now is complete garbage. If they do end up adding cubes as buyable for in-game/real money, then I can't recommend it to anyone.

I also think there should be a system like other games where every third game/win gives you another cube to encourage people to continue playing even after they've completed their dailies, not to mention some kind of reward system for accumulating story points (if there isn't one already that I just haven't noticed).
    zackdollarsFoxpaws00
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    ...there are loadout parts?

Omg that's a terrible idea. I thought it was only skins and emblems. I was thinking about this yesterday. Nexon is setting this up to be a cash-dominated thing. The number of items in the cubes, the slow cube acquisition rate, the required currencies (including coins) make getting anything a near impossibility...

...for a free player. I think this will really turn off some of the playerbase. They need to remove the load parts. They could even just add a coin case that gives the player 10k coins after completing it, idk. Unfortunately, I feel strongly that this system won't change for our playerbase which will inevitability play into the downfall of this game =(
  • AlkorinAlkorin
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited September 8, 2017
    Yeah, and the loadout slots cost 2000 currency to craft on top of the materials. Basically, you're trading off more skin/emblem fragments to save 3000 game currency on a loadout slot AFTER you've gathered all the fragments and crafted it using additional bits NOT TO MENTION it COSTS game currency JUST to dismantle. It's really completely bonkers how stupid this system is.
    Bearil
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Alkorin wrote: »
    Yeah, and the loadout slots cost 2000 currency to craft on top of the materials. Basically, you're trading off more skin/emblem fragments to save 3000 game currency on a loadout slot AFTER you've gathered all the fragments and crafted it using additional bits NOT TO MENTION it COSTS game currency JUST to dismantle. It's really completely bonkers how stupid this system is.

On top of that, this is over the roster of hypers so the chance of getting... anything for the hyper(s) you want is very low. Getting one at all is still low, but it's the greatest possibility that still diminishes as more hypers are released.

It's the pinnacle of carrot on a string and pipe dream mechanics. I hope it changes. It's as much grinding as in an mmo but you have 0 control on the materials you get, on top of the limited options to obtain them, ON TOP OF the costs.
    zackdollars
  • zackdollarszackdollars
    Hyper Universe Rep: 285
    DuWryght wrote: »
    It's as much grinding as in an mmo but you have 0 control on the materials you get, on top of the limited options to obtain them, ON TOP OF the costs.

Good point about having no control. If a lumber jack chops down 10 trees, he should be able to build a house with it. With the cube system, his 10 trees catch fire and he has to cut down 10 more trees (and they catch on fire, and so on....). He does have a sweet collection of ashes, however. :(