Special Message from our Developers

Comments

  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited September 8, 2017
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do

    That is not the case, it's just censorship across two regions.

    I respect your opinion, I just personally think this was one big silly mess

    That's not an opinion in this case, it's a literal fact that it's just censorship across two regions, also you do not respect my opinion, you in another thread were talking about how you wanted me to go away. That's not respecting someone's opinion.

    respecting your opinion and wanting you to leave are completely different things, I can respect your opinion from across the street, and it's not a fact, Korea IS updating the art, and I mostly want you to leave due to the negativity surrounding you, i'm not here to fight though, so have a good day, night, life, whatever

    Again, you can't respect an opinion and try to run it of, and Korea updating the art doesn't change the fact that it's censorship at all, it just makes it multi-region censorship, if them changing the art made it not censorship then nothing could ever be censorship if it were changed in it's contry of origin.

    well uh yeah that's kind of the point, the country of origin hardly ever censors something that was put out, and has been out for a substantial period of time, and to be fair I never expressed that I wanted you gone, that was an assumption you made, in the thread you are talking about I thought the "sign out guide" was rather funny, I however never expressed my desire to chase any one off, also no, I am not trying to chase your opinion off, free speech is a thing, I however am not ok with you expressing your opinion in a negative way, you can have a different opinion, you can have a "negative" or unpopular opinion, but it's all in how you present said opinion.

    You very clearly support personal attacks coming from the side you agree with and chasing off others by condoning the actions of those that do. Also something can be censored if it's changed in it's home country, I don't know how that doesn't make sense. Something can't "no longer" be censorship, it's censorship when remasters of old game had to remove red crosses from health pickups (except they have a legit reason, the red cross has a trade mark to red crosses on white backgrounds now) and it's censorship when Korea changes the art now. Also saying "I can respect your opinion from across the street" doesn't help your case saying you're not trying to chase people off.

    I don't have a side in this, at all, and no I don't like either side that was in the "debate" if you want to call it that, I condone the anti-censorship crowd for chasing people away, and I condone the "pro-censorship-" side for starting a lot of the fights, I tried to stay out of it, throwing in comments from time to time, and it's true, I can respect your opinion from across the street, I simply was going off of what you said.

    I respect your opinion and I can see where you are coming from, I liked a lot of the original art as well, but I didn't see it as a huge problem, I can see how others would think it is, this is coming from some one who was pissed when dead or alive xtreme 3 wasn't released in the states because team ninja was scared of the sjw crowd.

    that being said, sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way, which clearly it did, I meant no harm to anyone.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 395
    Posts: 40
    Member
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do

    That is not the case, it's just censorship across two regions.

    I respect your opinion, I just personally think this was one big silly mess

    That's not an opinion in this case, it's a literal fact that it's just censorship across two regions, also you do not respect my opinion, you in another thread were talking about how you wanted me to go away. That's not respecting someone's opinion.

    respecting your opinion and wanting you to leave are completely different things, I can respect your opinion from across the street, and it's not a fact, Korea IS updating the art, and I mostly want you to leave due to the negativity surrounding you, i'm not here to fight though, so have a good day, night, life, whatever

    Again, you can't respect an opinion and try to run it of, and Korea updating the art doesn't change the fact that it's censorship at all, it just makes it multi-region censorship, if them changing the art made it not censorship then nothing could ever be censorship if it were changed in it's contry of origin.

    well uh yeah that's kind of the point, the country of origin hardly ever censors something that was put out, and has been out for a substantial period of time, and to be fair I never expressed that I wanted you gone, that was an assumption you made, in the thread you are talking about I thought the "sign out guide" was rather funny, I however never expressed my desire to chase any one off, also no, I am not trying to chase your opinion off, free speech is a thing, I however am not ok with you expressing your opinion in a negative way, you can have a different opinion, you can have a "negative" or unpopular opinion, but it's all in how you present said opinion.

    You very clearly support personal attacks coming from the side you agree with and chasing off others by condoning the actions of those that do. Also something can be censored if it's changed in it's home country, I don't know how that doesn't make sense. Something can't "no longer" be censorship, it's censorship when remasters of old game had to remove red crosses from health pickups (except they have a legit reason, the red cross has a trade mark to red crosses on white backgrounds now) and it's censorship when Korea changes the art now. Also saying "I can respect your opinion from across the street" doesn't help your case saying you're not trying to chase people off.

    I don't have a side in this, at all, and no I don't like either side that was in the "debate" if you want to call it that, I condone the anti-censorship crowd for chasing people away, and I condone the "pro-censorship-" side for starting a lot of the fights, I tried to stay out of it, throwing in comments from time to time, and it's true, I can respect your opinion from across the street, I simply was going off of what you said.

    I respect your opinion and I can see where you are coming from, I liked a lot of the original art as well, but I didn't see it as a huge problem, I can see how others would think it is, this is coming from some one who was pissed when dead or alive xtreme 3 wasn't released in the states because team ninja was scared of the sjw crowd.

    that being said, sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way, which clearly it did, I meant no harm to anyone.

    You clearly did take a side though, you took the pro-censorship side because you're complicit in censoring the game, every comment you've thrown is essentially "I respect the anti-censorship side but they're wrong." basically trying to play the saint in it while trying to tar the anti-censorship side as a bunch of perverts who won't admit they like boobs. You've even said you don't care about the censorship, that's taking a side. You can't play the saint and condone people throwing personal attacks, and no one from the anti-censorship side is scaring anyone away, the only way telling someone a game is censored could scare them away was if they didn't like censorship.
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited September 8, 2017
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do

    That is not the case, it's just censorship across two regions.

    I respect your opinion, I just personally think this was one big silly mess

    That's not an opinion in this case, it's a literal fact that it's just censorship across two regions, also you do not respect my opinion, you in another thread were talking about how you wanted me to go away. That's not respecting someone's opinion.

    respecting your opinion and wanting you to leave are completely different things, I can respect your opinion from across the street, and it's not a fact, Korea IS updating the art, and I mostly want you to leave due to the negativity surrounding you, i'm not here to fight though, so have a good day, night, life, whatever

    Again, you can't respect an opinion and try to run it of, and Korea updating the art doesn't change the fact that it's censorship at all, it just makes it multi-region censorship, if them changing the art made it not censorship then nothing could ever be censorship if it were changed in it's contry of origin.

    well uh yeah that's kind of the point, the country of origin hardly ever censors something that was put out, and has been out for a substantial period of time, and to be fair I never expressed that I wanted you gone, that was an assumption you made, in the thread you are talking about I thought the "sign out guide" was rather funny, I however never expressed my desire to chase any one off, also no, I am not trying to chase your opinion off, free speech is a thing, I however am not ok with you expressing your opinion in a negative way, you can have a different opinion, you can have a "negative" or unpopular opinion, but it's all in how you present said opinion.

    You very clearly support personal attacks coming from the side you agree with and chasing off others by condoning the actions of those that do. Also something can be censored if it's changed in it's home country, I don't know how that doesn't make sense. Something can't "no longer" be censorship, it's censorship when remasters of old game had to remove red crosses from health pickups (except they have a legit reason, the red cross has a trade mark to red crosses on white backgrounds now) and it's censorship when Korea changes the art now. Also saying "I can respect your opinion from across the street" doesn't help your case saying you're not trying to chase people off.

    I don't have a side in this, at all, and no I don't like either side that was in the "debate" if you want to call it that, I condone the anti-censorship crowd for chasing people away, and I condone the "pro-censorship-" side for starting a lot of the fights, I tried to stay out of it, throwing in comments from time to time, and it's true, I can respect your opinion from across the street, I simply was going off of what you said.

    I respect your opinion and I can see where you are coming from, I liked a lot of the original art as well, but I didn't see it as a huge problem, I can see how others would think it is, this is coming from some one who was pissed when dead or alive xtreme 3 wasn't released in the states because team ninja was scared of the sjw crowd.

    that being said, sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way, which clearly it did, I meant no harm to anyone.

    You clearly did take a side though, you took the pro-censorship side because you're complicit in censoring the game, every comment you've thrown is essentially "I respect the anti-censorship side but they're wrong." basically trying to play the saint in it while trying to tar the anti-censorship side as a bunch of perverts who won't admit they like boobs. You've even said you don't care about the censorship, that's taking a side. You can't play the saint and condone people throwing personal attacks, and no one from the anti-censorship side is scaring anyone away, the only way telling someone a game is censored could scare them away was if they didn't like censorship.

    yes I'm fine with the censorship because I like the game, if everyone went around wearing a burka I would take an issue with it, but since they kept an okay amount of sexy in the game I don't see an issue with it, I never once thought you or your side was "wrong" I thought the debate itself was silly, that's a big leap to make from thinking the debate is silly to thinking a mass of people is flat out wrong. I am not ok with them censoring the game, I just didn't notice it until it was pointed out, so I was like eh must not be that bad if some one had to specifically point it out to me, so yeah I am fine with them censoring the game because
    A. I really the game
    B. I didn't take notice of it until the first thread popped up
    and I read through a lot of the censorship thread, I agreed with a lot of statements from both sides, but it's all over now.
    and I mean, if you don't want me to respect your opinion, since you have been so adamant about me not doing so, then fine I wont I still. don't think you're wrong, I don't think anyone was wrong in this, everyone had their opinions and people started lashing out

    I am no saint, nor do I pretend to be one I just don't want to be labeled something I'm not and get into a fight with a person I don't disagree with per-say, that being said, just because I am fine with the art doesn't mean I'm pro censorship I reject censorship in anything else that I can visibly see from day one, but since I needed a giant red arrow pointing it out to me, I didn't have much of an issue with it

    I'm just trying to express I agree with bits and pieces from both sides, I never once supported anyone who was attacking some one, again I just thought the post was funny, I have an odd sense of humor, I would have reacted the same one if some one from the pro-censorship side did it.

    I have thought a lot of Hegoken's posts were valid, and he was the one holding the flag for the anti-censorship crowd

    we just kinda got off on the wrong foot

    and yes, my message may seem contradictive, but that's because I agree with, and see where both sides are coming from, I just love the game too much to let it bother me, simple as that

  • StreizarStreizar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited September 9, 2017
    Man... this is extremely sad to see you practically have people begging here, and making logical explantations as to why censorship is worse for the game than the original art, and all we got from the developers, was a half ass answer, but at least they admitted that this IS a problem going on right now, meaning they have to understand what they're doing will cause a huge problem. The player base for the game is pretty small as is, the majority of the forums (the people who have actually been playing HU) were against the censorship, you do need a selling point for your game, a player base isn't going to come out of nowhere. When you have a majority of player base that doesn't support a company that's going to force censorship over some thread in alpha, then the game is going to take a HUGE hit, and possibly may not recover from it depending on what Nexon North America does now. Where are these people from alpha now? Are they on the forums supporting your game? Are they going to save the player base when you force the majority of players into a corner? No. I had a 25 minute queue time this morning EDT, and I noticed this happening the day after the censorship issue exploded on the forums. Nobody is going to support a company that won't listen to the majority of it's players, it's as simple as that.
    ShakrinaSereneThunderQuros
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 395
    Posts: 40
    Member
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do

    That is not the case, it's just censorship across two regions.

    I respect your opinion, I just personally think this was one big silly mess

    That's not an opinion in this case, it's a literal fact that it's just censorship across two regions, also you do not respect my opinion, you in another thread were talking about how you wanted me to go away. That's not respecting someone's opinion.

    respecting your opinion and wanting you to leave are completely different things, I can respect your opinion from across the street, and it's not a fact, Korea IS updating the art, and I mostly want you to leave due to the negativity surrounding you, i'm not here to fight though, so have a good day, night, life, whatever

    Again, you can't respect an opinion and try to run it of, and Korea updating the art doesn't change the fact that it's censorship at all, it just makes it multi-region censorship, if them changing the art made it not censorship then nothing could ever be censorship if it were changed in it's contry of origin.

    well uh yeah that's kind of the point, the country of origin hardly ever censors something that was put out, and has been out for a substantial period of time, and to be fair I never expressed that I wanted you gone, that was an assumption you made, in the thread you are talking about I thought the "sign out guide" was rather funny, I however never expressed my desire to chase any one off, also no, I am not trying to chase your opinion off, free speech is a thing, I however am not ok with you expressing your opinion in a negative way, you can have a different opinion, you can have a "negative" or unpopular opinion, but it's all in how you present said opinion.

    You very clearly support personal attacks coming from the side you agree with and chasing off others by condoning the actions of those that do. Also something can be censored if it's changed in it's home country, I don't know how that doesn't make sense. Something can't "no longer" be censorship, it's censorship when remasters of old game had to remove red crosses from health pickups (except they have a legit reason, the red cross has a trade mark to red crosses on white backgrounds now) and it's censorship when Korea changes the art now. Also saying "I can respect your opinion from across the street" doesn't help your case saying you're not trying to chase people off.

    I don't have a side in this, at all, and no I don't like either side that was in the "debate" if you want to call it that, I condone the anti-censorship crowd for chasing people away, and I condone the "pro-censorship-" side for starting a lot of the fights, I tried to stay out of it, throwing in comments from time to time, and it's true, I can respect your opinion from across the street, I simply was going off of what you said.

    I respect your opinion and I can see where you are coming from, I liked a lot of the original art as well, but I didn't see it as a huge problem, I can see how others would think it is, this is coming from some one who was pissed when dead or alive xtreme 3 wasn't released in the states because team ninja was scared of the sjw crowd.

    that being said, sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way, which clearly it did, I meant no harm to anyone.

    You clearly did take a side though, you took the pro-censorship side because you're complicit in censoring the game, every comment you've thrown is essentially "I respect the anti-censorship side but they're wrong." basically trying to play the saint in it while trying to tar the anti-censorship side as a bunch of perverts who won't admit they like boobs. You've even said you don't care about the censorship, that's taking a side. You can't play the saint and condone people throwing personal attacks, and no one from the anti-censorship side is scaring anyone away, the only way telling someone a game is censored could scare them away was if they didn't like censorship.

    yes I'm fine with the censorship because I like the game, if everyone went around wearing a burka I would take an issue with it, but since they kept an okay amount of sexy in the game I don't see an issue with it, I never once thought you or your side was "wrong" I thought the debate itself was silly, that's a big leap to make from thinking the debate is silly to thinking a mass of people is flat out wrong. I am not ok with them censoring the game, I just didn't notice it until it was pointed out, so I was like eh must not be that bad if some one had to specifically point it out to me, so yeah I am fine with them censoring the game because
    A. I really the game
    B. I didn't take notice of it until the first thread popped up
    and I read through a lot of the censorship thread, I agreed with a lot of statements from both sides, but it's all over now.
    and I mean, if you don't want me to respect your opinion, since you have been so adamant about me not doing so, then fine I wont I still. don't think you're wrong, I don't think anyone was wrong in this, everyone had their opinions and people started lashing out

    I am no saint, nor do I pretend to be one I just don't want to be labeled something I'm not and get into a fight with a person I don't disagree with per-say, that being said, just because I am fine with the art doesn't mean I'm pro censorship I reject censorship in anything else that I can visibly see from day one, but since I needed a giant red arrow pointing it out to me, I didn't have much of an issue with it

    I'm just trying to express I agree with bits and pieces from both sides, I never once supported anyone who was attacking some one, again I just thought the post was funny, I have an odd sense of humor, I would have reacted the same one if some one from the pro-censorship side did it.

    I have thought a lot of Hegoken's posts were valid, and he was the one holding the flag for the anti-censorship crowd

    we just kinda got off on the wrong foot

    and yes, my message may seem contradictive, but that's because I agree with, and see where both sides are coming from, I just love the game too much to let it bother me, simple as that

    By supporting censorship, you send the message that you want more censorship to companies. You're literally supporting censorship. You have only ever talked about the negatives of the anti-censorship crowd and have only mentioned anything any of them have said in a positive light just now. Usually it's the same vague comment along the lines of "i respect your opinion but you shouldn't hold that opinion because I don't have a problem with the game, stop telling people it's censored." It's not laudable it's a middle ground fallacy. The actions you have taken clearly show more hostility toward the anti-censorship side. Maybe you really didn't intend to but it's what you've done.
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited September 9, 2017
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do

    That is not the case, it's just censorship across two regions.

    I respect your opinion, I just personally think this was one big silly mess

    That's not an opinion in this case, it's a literal fact that it's just censorship across two regions, also you do not respect my opinion, you in another thread were talking about how you wanted me to go away. That's not respecting someone's opinion.

    respecting your opinion and wanting you to leave are completely different things, I can respect your opinion from across the street, and it's not a fact, Korea IS updating the art, and I mostly want you to leave due to the negativity surrounding you, i'm not here to fight though, so have a good day, night, life, whatever

    Again, you can't respect an opinion and try to run it of, and Korea updating the art doesn't change the fact that it's censorship at all, it just makes it multi-region censorship, if them changing the art made it not censorship then nothing could ever be censorship if it were changed in it's contry of origin.

    well uh yeah that's kind of the point, the country of origin hardly ever censors something that was put out, and has been out for a substantial period of time, and to be fair I never expressed that I wanted you gone, that was an assumption you made, in the thread you are talking about I thought the "sign out guide" was rather funny, I however never expressed my desire to chase any one off, also no, I am not trying to chase your opinion off, free speech is a thing, I however am not ok with you expressing your opinion in a negative way, you can have a different opinion, you can have a "negative" or unpopular opinion, but it's all in how you present said opinion.

    You very clearly support personal attacks coming from the side you agree with and chasing off others by condoning the actions of those that do. Also something can be censored if it's changed in it's home country, I don't know how that doesn't make sense. Something can't "no longer" be censorship, it's censorship when remasters of old game had to remove red crosses from health pickups (except they have a legit reason, the red cross has a trade mark to red crosses on white backgrounds now) and it's censorship when Korea changes the art now. Also saying "I can respect your opinion from across the street" doesn't help your case saying you're not trying to chase people off.

    I don't have a side in this, at all, and no I don't like either side that was in the "debate" if you want to call it that, I condone the anti-censorship crowd for chasing people away, and I condone the "pro-censorship-" side for starting a lot of the fights, I tried to stay out of it, throwing in comments from time to time, and it's true, I can respect your opinion from across the street, I simply was going off of what you said.

    I respect your opinion and I can see where you are coming from, I liked a lot of the original art as well, but I didn't see it as a huge problem, I can see how others would think it is, this is coming from some one who was pissed when dead or alive xtreme 3 wasn't released in the states because team ninja was scared of the sjw crowd.

    that being said, sorry if anything I said came off the wrong way, which clearly it did, I meant no harm to anyone.

    You clearly did take a side though, you took the pro-censorship side because you're complicit in censoring the game, every comment you've thrown is essentially "I respect the anti-censorship side but they're wrong." basically trying to play the saint in it while trying to tar the anti-censorship side as a bunch of perverts who won't admit they like boobs. You've even said you don't care about the censorship, that's taking a side. You can't play the saint and condone people throwing personal attacks, and no one from the anti-censorship side is scaring anyone away, the only way telling someone a game is censored could scare them away was if they didn't like censorship.

    yes I'm fine with the censorship because I like the game, if everyone went around wearing a burka I would take an issue with it, but since they kept an okay amount of sexy in the game I don't see an issue with it, I never once thought you or your side was "wrong" I thought the debate itself was silly, that's a big leap to make from thinking the debate is silly to thinking a mass of people is flat out wrong. I am not ok with them censoring the game, I just didn't notice it until it was pointed out, so I was like eh must not be that bad if some one had to specifically point it out to me, so yeah I am fine with them censoring the game because
    A. I really the game
    B. I didn't take notice of it until the first thread popped up
    and I read through a lot of the censorship thread, I agreed with a lot of statements from both sides, but it's all over now.
    and I mean, if you don't want me to respect your opinion, since you have been so adamant about me not doing so, then fine I wont I still. don't think you're wrong, I don't think anyone was wrong in this, everyone had their opinions and people started lashing out

    I am no saint, nor do I pretend to be one I just don't want to be labeled something I'm not and get into a fight with a person I don't disagree with per-say, that being said, just because I am fine with the art doesn't mean I'm pro censorship I reject censorship in anything else that I can visibly see from day one, but since I needed a giant red arrow pointing it out to me, I didn't have much of an issue with it

    I'm just trying to express I agree with bits and pieces from both sides, I never once supported anyone who was attacking some one, again I just thought the post was funny, I have an odd sense of humor, I would have reacted the same one if some one from the pro-censorship side did it.

    I have thought a lot of Hegoken's posts were valid, and he was the one holding the flag for the anti-censorship crowd

    we just kinda got off on the wrong foot

    and yes, my message may seem contradictive, but that's because I agree with, and see where both sides are coming from, I just love the game too much to let it bother me, simple as that

    By supporting censorship, you send the message that you want more censorship to companies. You're literally supporting censorship. You have only ever talked about the negatives of the anti-censorship crowd and have only mentioned anything any of them have said in a positive light just now. Usually it's the same vague comment along the lines of "i respect your opinion but you shouldn't hold that opinion because I don't have a problem with the game, stop telling people it's censored." It's not laudable it's a middle ground fallacy. The actions you have taken clearly show more hostility toward the anti-censorship side. Maybe you really didn't intend to but it's what you've done.

    I don't have a problem with the game that's what I've expressed, this is getting no where, I'm agreeing to disagree, I don't care what you do
    And to give you some credit, and explain a little, most if not all of my comments were before i saw some validity in the anti-censorship argument, at the time I was solely focused on keeping the game from sinking, because I enjoy the game and would rather not see it die over this, I would be happy with the original art or the art we have, I greatly favored the toggle switch because it would kill two birds with one stone, i just don't get on the forums and screech every change in thought i have, so apologies for the confusion
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 395
    Posts: 40
    Member
    jobeth wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the game that's what I've expressed, this is getting no where, I'm agreeing to disagree, I don't care what you do
    Agreeing to disagree is fine, but claiming that that's all you've expressed is patently false
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    jobeth wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with the game that's what I've expressed, this is getting no where, I'm agreeing to disagree, I don't care what you do
    Agreeing to disagree is fine, but claiming that that's all you've expressed is patently false

    Yeah i edited the post to hopefully explain a bit of the situation
  • AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330
    Posts: 37
    Member

    We can’t ignore the requirements to meet standards set by local governments and review boards. This is one of those hard calls we need to make when looking to launch the game worldwide.
    .

    Games like Senran Kagura, Dragon's Crown or DOA etc. go worldwide release without problems with local governments, you have problems with HU. Again the lie.

    Seems like feedback is worthless, you do not listen your fans while that was purpose of EA. Again lie. Time to abandond this sinking ship - and take refund.

    What the waste of good game...
    :(
    ShakrinaSereneThunder
  • NF85NF85
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited September 9, 2017
    AFKzor wrote: »

    We can’t ignore the requirements to meet standards set by local governments and review boards. This is one of those hard calls we need to make when looking to launch the game worldwide.
    .

    Games like Senran Kagura, Dragon's Crown or DOA etc. go worldwide release without problems with local governments, you have problems with HU. Again the lie.

    Seems like feedback is worthless, you do not listen your fans while that was purpose of EA. Again lie. Time to abandond this sinking ship - and take refund.

    What the waste of good game...
    :(

    exept DoA extreme 3 (that not realy is a game) that is basicly illegal to release outside jpn unless it is heavly censored as the western world are in agreement that the game is not exacly good source of entertainment.

    plus it is widly know that asia and u.s reacts differently to violence and nudity.
    asia dont care about nudity but bloody messy stuff is for the moust part censored. u.s dont care about bloody mess, but any hint of nudity is censored outright.
    now that the game gloes global a middle ground has to be found and if that means less revealing attire to attract a mutch broader audience then so be it.

    as for long que issue, well ofc it will be few players when a game that is labled as f2p is locked behind a cbt p2p wall.
    there will be no increase in players untill the game goes f2p.

  • AFKzorAFKzor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 330
    Posts: 37
    Member
    NF85 wrote: »
    AFKzor wrote: »

    We can’t ignore the requirements to meet standards set by local governments and review boards. This is one of those hard calls we need to make when looking to launch the game worldwide.
    .

    Games like Senran Kagura, Dragon's Crown or DOA etc. go worldwide release without problems with local governments, you have problems with HU. Again the lie.

    Seems like feedback is worthless, you do not listen your fans while that was purpose of EA. Again lie. Time to abandond this sinking ship - and take refund.

    What the waste of good game...
    :(

    exept DoA extreme 3 (that not realy is a game) that is basicly illegal to release outside jpn unless it is heavly censored as the western world are in agreement that the game is not exacly good source of entertainment.

    plus it is widly know that asia and u.s reacts differently to violence and nudity.
    asia dont care about nudity but bloody messy stuff is for the moust part censored. u.s dont care about bloody mess, but any hint of nudity is censored outright.
    now that the game gloes global a middle ground has to be found and if that means less revealing attire to attract a mutch broader audience then so be it.

    as for long que issue, well ofc it will be few players when a game that is labled as f2p is locked behind a cbt p2p wall.
    there will be no increase in players untill the game goes f2p.

    Do you realy comparing HU to DoA extreme 3? And to be honest, the only reason why extreme 3 would be banned without censorship is actually one of the girls is underage what would lead to completly remove her from the game (and would start discusion about her existence in other games from serie). Everything else would close in PEGI 16 and ESRB 17.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 395
    Posts: 40
    Member
    AFKzor wrote: »
    NF85 wrote: »
    AFKzor wrote: »

    We can’t ignore the requirements to meet standards set by local governments and review boards. This is one of those hard calls we need to make when looking to launch the game worldwide.
    .

    Games like Senran Kagura, Dragon's Crown or DOA etc. go worldwide release without problems with local governments, you have problems with HU. Again the lie.

    Seems like feedback is worthless, you do not listen your fans while that was purpose of EA. Again lie. Time to abandond this sinking ship - and take refund.

    What the waste of good game...
    :(

    exept DoA extreme 3 (that not realy is a game) that is basicly illegal to release outside jpn unless it is heavly censored as the western world are in agreement that the game is not exacly good source of entertainment.

    plus it is widly know that asia and u.s reacts differently to violence and nudity.
    asia dont care about nudity but bloody messy stuff is for the moust part censored. u.s dont care about bloody mess, but any hint of nudity is censored outright.
    now that the game gloes global a middle ground has to be found and if that means less revealing attire to attract a mutch broader audience then so be it.

    as for long que issue, well ofc it will be few players when a game that is labled as f2p is locked behind a cbt p2p wall.
    there will be no increase in players untill the game goes f2p.

    Do you realy comparing HU to DoA extreme 3? And to be honest, the only reason why extreme 3 would be banned without censorship is actually one of the girls is underage what would lead to completly remove her from the game (and would start discusion about her existence in other games from serie). Everything else would close in PEGI 16 and ESRB 17.

    Just a note, the youngest characters in DoA X3 are both 18, one of them just happens to be a flat chested 18 year old. Which to be fair is actually a lot less realistic than a character with large breasts (extremely small breast sizes are actually the most rare ones.)
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 510
    Posts: 45
    Member
    i was honestly looking for something to replace league of legends and i thought this would be the game, however its starting to look like i was mistaken and start to see the sad truth. as flawed as LoL is and as much as i hate the community with a passion, Riot devs does what needs to be done to keep players happy which in turn keeps people like me from ever leaving the game permanently. recently they brought back graves cigar... of all things a cigar. they could have easily just not brought it back and left it as a popular meme, but they brought it back and even memed about it when they brought it back. and guess what? people actually did come back to the game just because riot brought back that damn cigar. it made people happy.

    if the devs of this game doesnt feel the need to make people happy just because they fear the vocal minority than im going to have 2nd thoughts about the game. i might still wait to see what they do with the succubus, but its not looking good atm. well atleast i can say it was a nice break from league.
    SereneThunder
  • HowPlayGaemHowPlayGaem
    Hyper Universe Rep: 130
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited September 9, 2017
    "We must remove uncomfortable elements in our game so the SJW's will play it"

    http://nxcache.nexon.net/forums4/hyperuniverse/themes/hyperuniverse/design/images/bg.jpg

    You still have this banner on these forums. I'm willing to bet that you had a zoomed in Tatyana at your PAX booth as well. Pax, the haven of liberal SJW journalists that don't play games.

    Why the hell would you pick the single most sexually extreme character to flaunt when she is not representative of the rest of the game?

    Your entire approach to this is schizophrenic.
    SereneThunder
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited September 9, 2017
    AFKzor wrote: »
    NF85 wrote: »
    AFKzor wrote: »

    We can’t ignore the requirements to meet standards set by local governments and review boards. This is one of those hard calls we need to make when looking to launch the game worldwide.
    .

    Games like Senran Kagura, Dragon's Crown or DOA etc. go worldwide release without problems with local governments, you have problems with HU. Again the lie.

    Seems like feedback is worthless, you do not listen your fans while that was purpose of EA. Again lie. Time to abandond this sinking ship - and take refund.

    What the waste of good game...
    :(

    exept DoA extreme 3 (that not realy is a game) that is basicly illegal to release outside jpn unless it is heavly censored as the western world are in agreement that the game is not exacly good source of entertainment.

    plus it is widly know that asia and u.s reacts differently to violence and nudity.
    asia dont care about nudity but bloody messy stuff is for the moust part censored. u.s dont care about bloody mess, but any hint of nudity is censored outright.
    now that the game gloes global a middle ground has to be found and if that means less revealing attire to attract a mutch broader audience then so be it.

    as for long que issue, well ofc it will be few players when a game that is labled as f2p is locked behind a cbt p2p wall.
    there will be no increase in players untill the game goes f2p.

    Do you realy comparing HU to DoA extreme 3? And to be honest, the only reason why extreme 3 would be banned without censorship is actually one of the girls is underage what would lead to completly remove her from the game (and would start discusion about her existence in other games from serie). Everything else would close in PEGI 16 and ESRB 17.

    that's not why it was banned, the CEO of team ninja specifically stated they didn't want any trouble with the sjw's and feminists
  • BattlechiliBattlechili
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited September 9, 2017
    I'm not sure how I can understand how changing the content for Korea is somehow being true to the original art of the game. These changes are disgusting, quite frankly.

    The problem with the changes has to do with the fact that you're changing the game's art due to player complaints rather than because its something that the developers thought was an improvement upon the game. The decision to make the changes was caused by a few people's complaints. This is not being true to the artists' work on this game, and as such is immoral and harmful to the video game industry on the whole. Its disrespectful to artists. It takes away and changes what people waited for this game to be localized for. People waited years to play the game that came out originally in Korea. And finally, when it comes out, you take away the game that came out in Korea and make it slightly different. And worse yet, when people complain, you change it in Korea too? You're taking away any chance players had to play the game as it was originally intended.

    In addition to this, while there were complaints, did you ever think to also see if there were people who were attracted to and found the game interesting precisely because the art was the way it was? At the very least, give people an option to switch between the original art and this changed art. That way people would have a choice in what they want and everyone would be happy.

    I can't stand censorship in any form and what you're doing is basically that. Changing something because a couple people deemed it inappropriate. Some people liked how it was! I like how it was!
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do
    Not if they didn't find an issue with it until a couple people complained. Its not being done because the original devs see it as an improvement. Its being done because people complained. To change something that a few people deem "inappropriate".
    NF85 wrote: »
    exept DoA extreme 3 (that not realy is a game) that is basicly illegal to release outside jpn unless it is heavly censored as the western world are in agreement that the game is not exacly good source of entertainment.
    Nothing about Dead or Alive Extreme 3 was in any way close to breaking the law in the US.
    SereneThunderQuros
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 37
    Member
    I'm not sure how I can understand how changing the content for Korea is somehow being true to the original art of the game. These changes are disgusting, quite frankly.

    The problem with the changes has to do with the fact that you're changing the game's art due to player complaints rather than because its something that the developers thought was an improvement upon the game. The decision to make the changes was caused by a few people's complaints. This is not being true to the artists' work on this game, and as such is immoral and harmful to the video game industry on the whole. Its disrespectful to artists. It takes away and changes what people waited for this game to be localized for. People waited years to play the game that came out originally in Korea. And finally, when it comes out, you take away the game that came out in Korea and make it slightly different. And worse yet, when people complain, you change it in Korea too? You're taking away any chance players had to play the game as it was originally intended.

    In addition to this, while there were complaints, did you ever think to also see if there were people who were attracted to and found the game interesting precisely because the art was the way it was? At the very least, give people an option to switch between the original art and this changed art. That way people would have a choice in what they want and everyone would be happy.

    I can't stand censorship in any form and what you're doing is basically that. Changing something because a couple people deemed it inappropriate. Some people liked how it was! I like how it was!
    jobeth wrote: »
    yooo guys, if korea, the original devs, are making the art changes as well, it's no longer censorship, they are simply changing and updating the art as most games do
    Not if they didn't find an issue with it until a couple people complained. Its not being done because the original devs see it as an improvement. Its being done because people complained. To change something that a few people deem "inappropriate".
    NF85 wrote: »
    exept DoA extreme 3 (that not realy is a game) that is basicly illegal to release outside jpn unless it is heavly censored as the western world are in agreement that the game is not exacly good source of entertainment.
    Nothing about Dead or Alive Extreme 3 was in any way close to breaking the law in the US.

    this is true, and I realize that, but if the devs in korea are changing it as well, nothing can be done
  • SayaneSayane
    Hyper Universe Rep: 200
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited September 10, 2017
    o0z42ol3whkz.jpg


    Clearly Nexon NA told them to censor the Korean version, I hope the koreans have a HUGE backlash, kinda like with Sudden Attack 2. Where they removed the female characters and the players left.
    QurosBattlechili
  • AlkorinAlkorin
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited September 10, 2017
    I'm against censorship in all forms, though I think this is on the lighter end of the censorship spectrum (as someone who went through the whole Tera censorship shitstorm back in the day). That being said, I think censoring the Korean version just for "consistency's" sake is a rather shitty way to go about it and shows lack of regard for the wishes of the players. I'm sure there was some way to compromise on this issue that could please everyone except the most vile of SJW (e.g. an option to decensor) but it seems the developers have no intention of doing so.

    I myself will probably continue to play the game until it gets boring or the devs find some new way to drive off the player base (as if the shitty cube system wasn't enough).
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    Posts: 19
    Member
    i was honestly looking for something to replace league of legends and i thought this would be the game, however its starting to look like i was mistaken and start to see the sad truth. as flawed as LoL is and as much as i hate the community with a passion, Riot devs does what needs to be done to keep players happy which in turn keeps people like me from ever leaving the game permanently. recently they brought back graves cigar... of all things a cigar. they could have easily just not brought it back and left it as a popular meme, but they brought it back and even memed about it when they brought it back. and guess what? people actually did come back to the game just because riot brought back that damn cigar. it made people happy.

    if the devs of this game doesnt feel the need to make people happy just because they fear the vocal minority than im going to have 2nd thoughts about the game. i might still wait to see what they do with the succubus, but its not looking good atm. well atleast i can say it was a nice break from league.

    Idk about Riot knowing what players want, everyone I know that plays League is always like "lol wtf is Riot doing". If you don't want to play League there are more than a few established MOBAs. I think coming to this game as a replacement for League or DOTA or something is just a bad call from the start, it's not quite the same experience.