Steam overlay issue?

DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
Hyper Universe Rep: 375
in General Chat
I hold LSHIFT and TAB to open the Steam overlay, right? Quite often whenever I click on chat and type something, the Steam overlay randomly just pops up. It happens almost every single time during the hyper select screen, and I don't know what's causing it. I'm making sure to stay away form the Tab button, and it seems to happen when I hold Shift to use a capital letter or something, I think.

Comments

• BearilBearil
    Hyper Universe Rep: 150
    Reemmber that you can deactivate steam overlay on a specific game, after i did it i no longer had any problem typing
    DualToothBrushesYe4
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    I think the steam overlay needs to be on if you want to be able to use big picture for adjusting the deadzone controller settings though. It's something that should be looked into i think.
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,195
    Member, Administrator
    I hold LSHIFT and TAB to open the Steam overlay, right? Quite often whenever I click on chat and type something, the Steam overlay randomly just pops up. It happens almost every single time during the hyper select screen, and I don't know what's causing it. I'm making sure to stay away form the Tab button, and it seems to happen when I hold Shift to use a capital letter or something, I think.

Hey there!

Is this still happening to you? Can you let us know a couple of things?
    • Are you using big picture mode?
    • Are you using a controller?
    • What OS are you on?
    • Do you have any other keybindings set up to bring the Steam overlay up?

Thank you,
    Raz
  • DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375

Hey there!

Is this still happening to you? Can you let us know a couple of things?
    • Are you using big picture mode?
    • Are you using a controller?
    • What OS are you on?
    • Do you have any other keybindings set up to bring the Steam overlay up?

Thank you,
    Raz

Yeah, it still happens to me. When I press shift in chat, it randomly opens the Steam overlay now and then. I'm pretty sure I don't have Big Picture mode on since I barely touch that. I'm using Windows 10 and playing with the Keyboard. Isn't the default key SHIFT + TAB? I've never touched it otherwise so it should only be that.