90 minute match?

zackdollarszackdollars
Hyper Universe Rep: 285
in Suggestions and Feedback
Matches can get into a stalemate and can seemingly last forever. There should be a 30 minute limit. I won't be able to play much on work days if I think a match may take 90 minutes.

Comments

• DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    That tends to be the mark of a MOBA. Bit what would happen if the game ends at 30 mins? Who wins if their is an equal number of towers? Is it kda? Is it bot kills? Is is a draw?

I wouldn't mind if there was a mode where game couldn't be more than 30 mins long. But for real MOBA game, I would like to fight things out until the end. The problem would be spliting the playerbase if there was a different mode for this. Also, even though you get punished for it, you can leave a match and your team will at least get a bot. You will be hard pressed to find a moba that end games consistently at 30 mins. I know one game that made it it's primary goal to do that which forced them to make such changes to their game that it made me leave.

I think only Monday Night combat had it right. Around some time mark the game would continuously spawn endgame minions in all lanes. This meant, what team could take advantage of that, it was over. I don't think it was really possible to stalemate even then best of the amount of time it took to kill the minions while not being focused, plus their were still the other objectives in the game.
    zackdollars
  • zackdollarszackdollars
    Monday Night combat sounds like a good idea.
  • DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    I've never had a match take even 40 minutes, and I can't imagine any match ever lasting 90 minutes unless nobody on both sides know how to play or they never push towers. My longest matches were a bit over 30 minutes here.

But maybe I just didn't have enough experience in-game?
  • zackdollarszackdollars
    I've never had a match take even 40 minutes, and I can't imagine any match ever lasting 90 minutes unless nobody on both sides know how to play or they never push towers. My longest matches were a bit over 30 minutes here.

But maybe I just didn't have enough experience in-game?
    I've had only one match last that long. Most of them are 20-30 minutes. The shortest was 13 min. I don't think it's about "knowing how to play". If each team is killing each other equally, there will be no end to it.