Will we ever be able to see the map we are playing

BroccoleetBroccoleet
Hyper Universe Rep: 150
in General Chat
Will we ever be able to see the map we are playing before picking our characters? Some hyper are just not as good on dragon refuge as they are on delta station and i would rather pick something else for dragon refuge. But since i cannot know wich map i am playing in advance it's pretty much a roll of the dice.
RazielWarmonic

Comments

• RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    edited September 14, 2017
    Well i think a part of the game is to try and make equipment sets so that you can play the char you picked on all maps vs all team comps. Much how you have a set that has - healing on it to counter victoria as exmaple. I think they expect you to make sets for different maps.

I do agree i would like to see the map in advance aswell as it would most likely make me go for other teamcomps.
    Foxpaws00
  • LilSlaveryLilSlavery
    Hyper Universe Rep: 205
    Did you even read you idiot? They said HYPER not ITEM SET.
  • 001ofMany001ofMany
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    LilSlavery wrote: »

WHOA!! calm down there buddy. dude was just trying help. giving a suggestion that he thought might help.

Knowing what map we're on would be nice though.
    Rawrzory
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    I have taken note of this suggestion! :D
  • BroccoleetBroccoleet
    Hyper Universe Rep: 150
    edited September 14, 2017
    Lol chill LilSlavery. Rawrzory's point was pretty much that you can boost an hyper's effectiveness (or lessen an hyper burden) by having map specific builds. Wich is exactly what i have done for some hyper.

Example Elendis

From my point of view Elendis is amazing on Delta Sation because she can support 2 lane at the same time. She can pretty much control the field and prevent ganks with her stun traps for both lane while dropping healing pads in one lane and going into the other lane to manualy heal. Her portal gets many possible warp points because there are so many towers and the biggest part of the match is spent in lanes , that's where she excel.

So for delta station i use a capped cooldown reduction/high damage build on her so she can pump traps/pads like crazy while having decent manual healing.

On dragon Refuge however that build is terrible. Not only is most of the match not spent laning, but jungling speed / dmg / cc is pretty much king here and also with just one lane her portals get that many less teleport options. Healpads / traps become that much harder to use while fighting all around the map (while in delta sation if you place a trap in your lanes to prevent ganking that trap will keep being usefull until it's timer runs out or stun somebody. The same can be said for healing pads.) If you drop a stun/heal in dragon's refuge jungle at some point and it ends up not being used it is pretty much wasted and has little chance of being usefull again.

Wich is why i made a high damage/ high crit build for that specific map at the sacrifice of cooldown reduction, meaning i pump less traps/heals but i deal a somewhat decent amount of damage, especialy with the dispersion reduction from her unique item.

And while it is true that i can make her a bit more usefull in dragon refuge by changing her build around a bit i would still prefer to be able pick another hyper if i knew what map i was playing. With multiple game modes some hyper are defenitely going to shine more in some map than others.

Foxpaws00001ofManyRawrzoryWillJoestarPlasmachaser
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430

I don't know what i have done wrong to you lately but apparently something is bugging you. Might want to explain what , as it seem the rest actually understood what i was trying to say.
  • WillJoestarWillJoestar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    Rawrzory wrote: »

I don't know what i have done wrong to you lately but apparently something is bugging you. Might want to explain what , as it seem the rest actually understood what i was trying to say.

lilSlavery (nice screen name =_=)

yeah need to calm down dude, and yeah awesome breakdown for Elendis the lane jumping sounds dope. saves the traversal and ganking threat is taken away.
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    Broccoleet wrote: »
    Lol chill LilSlavery. Rawrzory's point was pretty much that you can boost an hyper's effectiveness (or lessen an hyper burden) by having map specific builds. Wich is exactly what i have done for some hyper.

Example Elendis

From my point of view Elendis is amazing on Delta Sation because she can support 2 lane at the same time. She can pretty much control the field and prevent ganks with her stun traps for both lane while dropping healing pads in one lane and going into the other lane to manualy heal. Her portal gets many possible warp points because there are so many towers and the biggest part of the match is spent in lanes , that's where she excel.

So for delta station i use a capped cooldown reduction/high damage build on her so she can pump traps/pads like crazy while having decent manual healing.

On dragon Refuge however that build is terrible. Not only is most of the match not spent laning, but jungling speed / dmg / cc is pretty much king here and also with just one lane her portals get that many less teleport options. Healpads / traps become that much harder to use while fighting all around the map (while in delta sation if you place a trap in your lanes to prevent ganking that trap will keep being usefull until it's timer runs out or stun somebody. The same can be said for healing pads.) If you drop a stun/heal in dragon's refuge jungle at some point and it ends up not being used it is pretty much wasted and has little chance of being usefull again.

Wich is why i made a high damage/ high crit build for that specific map at the sacrifice of cooldown reduction, meaning i pump less traps/heals but i deal a somewhat decent amount of damage, especialy with the dispersion reduction from her unique item.

And while it is true that i can make her a bit more usefull in dragon refuge by changing her build around a bit i would still prefer to be able pick another hyper if i knew what map i was playing. With multiple game modes some hyper are defenitely going to shine more in some map than others.

I would still run your first build in Refuge. The fights will primarily happen in lane and there are many predictable locations people will drop in from, so careful placement of traps will no only stave off ganks but turn the tables on people. Plus, pumping out the heals is still good when the game descends into the cluster that is when the 2nd turret drops. or you are fighting the dragon. With such a smaller map, traps rule the day on this one (been my experience anyway). Elendis and Victoria I feel are very good on Refuge while less so compared to Pinky and Cain on Station. Station is huge and you need to be mobile and join team battles where they happen which isn't the best strength for Elendis and less so for Victoria as once they set up heals for business and people move, they have to pack up as well.

I haven't checked, but does Elendis' heal pack show up on the mini-map? That would be a great addition if not.