2560x1080 Resolution?

GangalooGangaloo
Hyper Universe Rep: 100
in General Chat
Hey all,

I'm sure I know the answer to this already, but there's very limited information besides google bringing back a few people saying that you can't go beyond 1920x1080.

Is there any way to up the resolution past the game's maximum setting of 1920x1080? I'm happy with editing a config file to change the resolution if the game supports it.

Also, if manually changing the config is against the terms of use then I'm fine with that and won't change anything.

Thanks!

Comments

• squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    edited September 16
    Gangaloo wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm sure I know the answer to this already, but there's very limited information besides google bringing back a few people saying that you can't go beyond 1920x1080.

Is there any way to up the resolution past the game's maximum setting of 1920x1080? I'm happy with editing a config file to change the resolution if the game supports it.

Also, if manually changing the config is against the terms of use then I'm fine with that and won't change anything.

Thanks!

Nupe, you can't. The game only support 1920x1080. Anything higher is just getting upscaled and it look like @#%$. I've tried looking into .ini files and couldn't find anything. Devs said it's something they might look into but I honestly very much doubt this game will ever get proper high rez support, like, why would it? The KR client as been out for 2 years and it STILL isn't supporting anything higher than 1080p. So yea, this game is never going to get proper 1440p or 4k support, ever.
  • BroccoleetBroccoleet
    Hyper Universe Rep: 150
    edited September 21
    Yeah it's doubtfull they will support any resolution beyond 1080p. I play in 3440x1440 and would love to see the game in all it's ultrawidescreen glory but im guessing ultrawide support is extremly low on thier to do list.

• kaiser1onekaiser1one
    Hyper Universe Rep: 215
    i have it at max settings on a 40in tv and the text in-game could be brighter. I've mentioned this before though. You see how bright the text is on this page? It needs to be like that. It's kind of opaque and it's not clear to read; even with my glasses. But I knew it wasn't good before that because my sister, who has better eyes than me, said the same thing.