On a serious note - Plans to get game to be known?

GabeSkywalkerGabeSkywalker
Hyper Universe Rep: 765
in General Chat
Hello,

Ok, so first of all 2 words (to begin with):
1.- Anyone who knows me (or has seen my previous posts) would known that i tend to always write text-wall posts, so get ready for one of those (TL;DR version at the end, i promise)

2.- Grandma used to say:
Copy+of+tendou.png
"It's wise to change decisions" (Who gets the Kamen Rider reference will get lots of love forever haha!)
Ok, now serious though, i DID GOT PISSED by certain matters that i do not want to be discussed ANYMORE (at this moment i would love to be a mod just to keep order in this post... but actually, would be great if any mod kept close watch of posts like this, just so they don't get out of control with foul language, fights and problems that always walk in circles), i was pretty sure i would just leave this ship and watch it sink (or keep afloat), but i really really enjoy the game so much, i want to be part of the effort to keep it afloat, so i don't take back anything i said before, but instead of starting another war let's get some ACTIONS that can be benefical.

So, now on with the post, i would like to ask the Nexon/Hyper Universe team (maybe @Razielwarmonic could give some "hints" on the point i try to make here) overall, what do you guys have in mind for making this game grow? We all know any game needs players to stay alive, and MOBAs need it a bit more "Urgently" as <no people> = <nobody will get into this>, or more like <few people> = <less people will get interested>, obviously the HU team will keep some info. from us, it's natural, their plans are theirs, but we as players want some relief that there are plans to attract more people

Yes, the game is still on early access, so somehow we can see this stage as some sort of "Beta" (i'm not that familiar on Early Access, most games i see on EA, i tend to ignore), but it is still a pressing matter to see posts like this: http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3786/eu-seems-to-have-no-players or this: http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3675/looo-ng-match-up-time.

Just some general ideas of what can we do as players:
  • We as players can start building small groups or small "communities" so when we are playing we can group up, get people to queue and get the games going.
  • If we have a YouTube channel, we can make some videos and upload them too, no big deal, just "Hey, look at how this gameplay is", they may not go viral, or won't be seen by many people, but it's a start (I'll start doing this on my free time)
Since EA is paid, it's obvious that it will be difficult to have friends get into this now, but still that option exists.

Finally, i wanted to say that this post catched my eye: http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3690/marketing
this guy makes a good point, sadly his post got instantly "buried" by the actual drama-fight, and well, HU team didn't get there.

TL;DR: Let's just stop the drama already, whoever wants to stay stay and let's start doing something to keep the game "afloat", more players = more people will get attracted = we'll be able to play more.

Just my two-cents
Foxpaws00RawrzoryRazielWarmonic

Comments

• ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    Well, this game is well know allready. There is lot of videos on youtube who spoke about of the game... And his censor. One of them got over 100k views, and average of other is 10k to 50k. And i dont speak about all thread everywhere on mmos site board.
    Nexon wanted appeal to everyone (lie, they just wanted it appeal to themself) with censorship. The problem is "everyone" dont play moba, majority of players wont play censored game and even players who dont care of censhorship, start to get bored of this SJWs assault on every thing they even dont play.

The game is well know and that's why it dont work xD
    UncensoredorBust
  • BearilBearil
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    The pay gate is obviosly reducing the influx of players but considering around 10k persons have the game (bought or for free), it does not fare good having 100 players on AVERAGE combining the 3 servers population...

Honestly if i were one of those who doubt to play or not, if i see that the game barely reaches 100 players on average (on a multiplayer game this is not single player bots are meaningless outside training))plus its on 65% review overall (aka not bad but mediocre), i would just avoid it like the plague.

The game is bleeding players (dropping over 10% of total population on the last 30 days), and right now the players that are leaving are the most enthusiasts about the game, this is not about being popular or not, is about of giving the middle finger to their fans and expecting more will magically appear loaded with money with a snap of their fingers
  • WillJoestarWillJoestar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    edited September 19, 2017
    Yeah you raised a good point this game is well known for all the wrong reasons, 100k views on negative issues for the game and its basically creating its own PR hell.
    if your game isn't being streamed, or played on youtube knowone will look at it. I think Steparu is the number 1 person this game has to thank as I remember seeing it on there and falling in love with it a year ago. Even to this day 1 year old footage still has 5 figure views.
    and the game is awesome ! I don't really care about all the politics just enjoy the game and will continue to play with a close nit community even if the game doesn't pan out.

But yeah right now they need to pay content creaters to produce and highlight the game, and they need to go F2P ASAP and push console release as its in my opinion is a 2nd shot and lease of life, the console gamer is different consumer and if they take that PSN front page they will sell as there is nothing like this game on PSN smite is all there up against truthfully.

focus on the hypers as thats what attracted alot of people to this game in the first place, meh alot needs to be done. They will get there lets just hope its not to late.

QurosGabeSkywalker
  • GabeSkywalkerGabeSkywalker
    Yeah you raised a good point this game is well known for all the wrong reasons, 100k views on negative issues for the game and its basically creating its own PR hell.
    if your game isn't being streamed, or played on youtube knowone will look at it. I think Steparu is the number 1 person this game has to thank as I remember seeing it on there and falling in love with it a year ago. Even to this day 1 year old footage still has 5 figure views.
    and the game is awesome ! I don't really care about all the politics just enjoy the game and will continue to play with a close nit community even if the game doesn't pan out.

But yeah right now they need to pay content creaters to produce and highlight the game, and they need to go F2P ASAP and push console release as its in my opinion is a 2nd shot and lease of life, the console gamer is different consumer and if they take that PSN front page they will sell as there is nothing like this game on PSN smite is all there up against truthfully.

focus on the hypers as thats what attracted alot of people to this game in the first place, meh alot needs to be done. They will get there lets just hope its not to late.

Ideed, somehow they have to "wash up" that negative image and create a fresh (or a less controversial) image; the moment they made a decision, they should have had already a plan they will follow to, as they say, make this game grow even bigger. Still, it would be some sort of relief to the game community to know if not some spoilers of the actions, that they are to be done to make it grow.

On the other hand, as i said, it would be good if we players (who want to see this grow) put our two cents, with social network, streaming (YT, Twitch), or even here, make some game sub-communities so we can get some games going at certain time.
  • SNSDLionHeartSNSDLionHeart
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    nexon pretty much killed the game before it even got the chance to pick up steam. more people would have tried this out JUST for the fanservice, but what's there to see now? there are much better moba's already and the draw of this game is gone now. i just don't understand why they caved in and listened to people who don't even play the game, and ignore their real fans and consumers. the people who wanted this game censored will never even play, and would have never played it regardless if it was censored or not. they just complain about one thing and then move onto the next. do you actually think all those people are like, "oh, i'm gonna play this game now that it's censored"? absolutely not. even a well-established franchise like senran kagura would tank if got censored the way this game did.

i understand the goal for mass appeal, but games like this get popular through word of mouth, and it's certainly not getting rave reviews by critics OR fans now.
    UncensoredorBust
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    nexon pretty much killed the game before it even got the chance to pick up steam. more people would have tried this out JUST for the fanservice, but what's there to see now? there are much better moba's already and the draw of this game is gone now. i just don't understand why they caved in and listened to people who don't even play the game, and ignore their real fans and consumers. the people who wanted this game censored will never even play, and would have never played it regardless if it was censored or not. they just complain about one thing and then move onto the next. do you actually think all those people are like, "oh, i'm gonna play this game now that it's censored"? absolutely not. even a well-established franchise like senran kagura would tank if got censored the way this game did.

i understand the goal for mass appeal, but games like this get popular through word of mouth, and it's certainly not getting rave reviews by critics OR fans now.

The draw is still there. Many people agree on the censorship being extremely minimal. That said allot simply refuse to buy (or play) out of the very principle that has to do with censorship. Believe me i have turned the pyschics on at a certain point and to be honest you are not missing out on much in total. If you liked it before you will still like it now depending on your view of the censorship. 2 inches of cloth combined with some bouncing doesn't really add or take allot of the game itself (personal opinion).

As it's still b2p at this point and people making it a point to not financially support the game (some take it up and notch and refuse to play at all as said). Still i think once it goes f2p you will see more people, but it won't make nexon more money. Atleast if people keep using the principle of not supporting the game while it has censorship. The actual community is small and having it at a "mixed" status at steam is not making people want to spend money on it.

The game needs to go f2p to generate more users now basicly. I still have good hope it will pick up by then. Just need to wait for it to actually go f2p which could still take quite some time as i have seen "before the end of the year" as best answer so far.

On-topic: I'll see if i can record some gameplay and upload them. Not sure if my pc will start to burn if i record this game however so not making any promises xD. I'll give an update if i actually can record.
  • UncensoredorBustUncensoredorBust
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited September 23, 2017

Ideed, somehow they have to "wash up" that negative image and create a fresh (or a less controversial) image; the moment they made a decision, they should have had already a plan they will follow to, as they say, make this game grow even bigger. Still, it would be some sort of relief to the game community to know if not some spoilers of the actions, that they are to be done to make it grow.

On the other hand, as i said, it would be good if we players (who want to see this grow) put our two cents, with social network, streaming (YT, Twitch), or even here, make some game sub-communities so we can get some games going at certain time.

There is an easy Solution to Redeem themselves either making the Censorship optional or remove it

P.S the company that rather released one of their staple franchises only in asia with english subs instead opening themselves up to certain hate groups
    they have announced that the F2P core game has reached 10 Million downloads
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430

There is an easy Solution to Redeem themselves either making the Censorship optional or remove it

P.S the company that rather released one of their staple franchises only in asia with english subs instead opening themselves up to certain hate groups

Well easily said they are not taking that "easy solution" so instead of derailing the thread into yet another "we don't like censorship" thread, i think this one is meant to see what we can do as the active community to promote the game a bit.

on-topic: well i found a program that lets me record in good quality so working on getting footage now. Instead of just uploading gameplay i want to make it sort of entertaining. It might take awhile but i'm on it atleast.
    PlasmachaserFoxpaws00GabeSkywalker
  • GabeSkywalkerGabeSkywalker
    Rawrzory wrote: »

Well easily said they are not taking that "easy solution" so instead of derailing the thread into yet another "we don't like censorship" thread, i think this one is meant to see what we can do as the active community to promote the game a bit.

on-topic: well i found a program that lets me record in good quality so working on getting footage now. Instead of just uploading gameplay i want to make it sort of entertaining. It might take awhile but i'm on it atleast.

Indeed, that's why i prefer to just ignore any comment that tries to convert this in another "censorship" discussion thread (yeah, had to say it explicit, i'm ignoring those), you hit the nail twice, apart from hoping to HU team to say something like "Don't worry, we have some plans in mind for that", it's more what you said, see that we as a community do something (come on, we can't just let the devs do all the work, they may be either too busy, or do it wrong haha, no offense)

I'm readying my laptop for recording videos and uploading them on Youtube, just like you plan to do Rawrzory :) should be fun to do, and in the end people may be like "hey, this game looks cool, let's try it".
  • UncensoredorBustUncensoredorBust
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited January 3, 2018
    If anyone is curious to know what the Koreans think all of this, you might want to use Google Translator on the page .

Spoiler alert: They are not happy.

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/pc/board/300007/read/2137897