Community Competitions, Show matches, Exhibitions!

001ofMany001ofMany
Hyper Universe Rep: 375
edited September 23 in General Chat
NA v.s. EU
Queue EU

Here's the link if you wanna haven't already watched it
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/176922490

On behalf of everyone in the community, I want to thank Raz, Dis, and Predictabo for helping out with that. Thank you to the Players for making it happen and giving us something enjoy together.

Thank you to the NA players for representing and putting up a fight.

On behalf of NA, I want to congratulate the EU players on such a convincing show case and victory, well deserved and earned.

... and thank you to ONEofMANY for being such a handsome, smart, and funny individual...

Now there are a lot to discuss here in this match that should be taken into consideration for the current meta of the game.

Under Pressure:
EU played aggressively from the Get-Go!! Forcing NA to constantly back off and turtle. Though NA did a fine job keeping up on farm, the psychological effects of such aggression were very noticeable and eventually cost them the gold, the lanes, and team fight synergy. Maybe the MADMAN strategy is the way to go?

Who needs Wards?:
EU was plenty confident enough with their coordination that they simply didn't take wards both matches. Aggressive skirmishes forced early and often, ignoring the baits, and confident control of space, with all of their team members almost always close enough to group should it be needed.

What are YOU building?:
Some pretty strange builds coming from the EU side during the second match. With a low cost, HP regen- Pinky reaching FULL build at 16 min 20 sec. into the match. A rather strange, Bruiser Kurenai build that seems (in theory) less focused on Burst and more centered around causing mayhem to the enemy. ... and Default Build Arslan!? Tanky ARSLAN!?

Meanwhile NA played conventional builds with the likes of 2Tap Tuner (1st match) and Allen of Excalibur (2nd match) which might have made them too predictable?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

for those interested in the first NA v.s. EU match, the video can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175748864

The Prologue

EU got tired of waiting on the long Queue times, and so they announced a challenge in the in-game chat and on discord. Out of shear boredom and slight intrigue a handful of players answered the call, and a RIVALRY ARC was born!!

The first match started off in favor NA taking a decent lead over EU but EU managed to adjust their playstyle well enough to turn the tables by mid game and here we see the first glimpses of NA's fragile psyche buckling under the momentum shift and withdrawing into a defensive playstyle.

The second match held a lot more back and forth than the first, with both sides making some seriously risky plays and pulling off some insane clutch moments. In the end however, a couple misplays might have taken a toll on the team's synergy, leading to some questionable splits during key moments and costing them the match.

To be continued...
IN THE NEXT EPISODE....
Rawrzory

Comments

• Watz0Watz0
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Don't speak on behalf of the community, lol.
    A lot of people within the community don't exactly have a very good image of a lot of the mods and Nexon. And for good reason.
  • 001ofMany001ofMany
    Oh hi new guy. Welcome to the Community. :)

I see you made an account just recently and decided to use this as your first post. CONGRATULATIONS!

ON BEHALF OF THE COMMUNITY... I would like to thank you for your feedback. I acknowledge and respect your opinion and look forward to playing with and/or against you in-game. Glad to have you.

Stay tuned for more.
  • WillJoestarWillJoestar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    Yeah the match was good to watch, alot of explosive plays from EU I think NA was "Shook" after the first match shell of themselves, still I wold have loved to hear the team comms XD

and yeah Welcome to the community :)
    001ofMany
  • Watz0Watz0
    edited September 24
    001ofMany wrote: »
    Oh hi new guy. Welcome to the Community. :)

I see you made an account just recently and decided to use this as your first post. CONGRATULATIONS!

ON BEHALF OF THE COMMUNITY... I would like to thank you for your feedback. I acknowledge and respect your opinion and look forward to playing with and/or against you in-game. Glad to have you.

Stay tuned for more.

I'd like to know who made you the one representing the community. Where did this vote happen?
    Perhaps I should just make 30 random posts and I'll be on your level Senpai. Will you take me seriously then?

ON BEHALF OF THE COMMUNITY.
    I hereby dethrone you as a representitive of THE COMMUNITY.
    That's how this all works, right?

Then again, to be fair. Considering how dead the forums are. It's probably not hard to be voted in as the representitive of '' the community ''.
    How many votes did you need. 2? 3?
    Maybe even 5 ?!

But yes, 65 and 40 views on the Twitch videos.
    Totally not a result of abusive mods and '' localization ''.
    They totally have a healthy relationship with their own community. That's why they get so many views and bring in so many people. Oh wait.
  • Watz0Watz0
    I mean the fact that their videos have like 18-65 views at most says a lot.
    It's just a small group of friends treating a game that other people created as their own personal little plaything, disregarding any naysayers and actively going after anyone who questions them.
    I hope that the 18-65 views and the decline of the game was worth it tho.
  • 001ofMany001ofMany
    edited September 24
    hey man... rough day?
    ...you seem upset...
    ...wanna talk about it?

That's o.k. As your senpai, I bear no ill will towards you and I understand that you're only human. It's fine. It's normal. We all need to vent every now and again. I'd give you a hug in real life if that would make you feel better... See, I was thanking people for doing stuff that pleased me, on behalf of the people that shared the same sentiments as I... You understand how gratitude works right? Not sure why that upsets you.

...I KNOW!

I'll let you have you have the totally real, not fake, and definitely not made-up at all title of Community Representative!
    You can have it.
    It's yours now.

You're Welcome. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

also...
    Watz0 wrote: »
    ...It's just a small group of friends treating a game that other people created as their own personal little plaything...

...isn't that how video games work?
    ... hmm...
    ...You've definitely given me something to think about. Thanks :)
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    edited September 24
    Thanks @001ofMany for posting that here. Was indeed interesting to watch. Would have been more fun to watch though if NA actually put up some resistance :P jk jk. Both teams played well, but it seems EU really got it down with the team roaming.

@Watz0 I think we can say for the "active" community that is actually playing the game and enjoys it for what it is, i think 001ofMany is actually spot on. As we are a very small community and i think most can say we enjoyed it being cast/streamed by the GM's. I know i did.
    001ofMany
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,195
    Member, Administrator
    It was an awesome match, I hope to see these kind of events ran by the community in the future!!! :D
    001ofMany