Free to Play Weekend (Request)

SyR_SnOwSyR_SnOw
Hyper Universe Rep: 1,440
edited October 6, 2017 in General Chat
So I've been suggesting this for awhile so I'll make a thread just for Raz. Since we don't have a release date yet (would be nice) we should have a free to play weekend. This will help people who are on the fence about the game. Of course as I suggest this I believe veteran players should band together and only do customs/ai matches for cubes. I know that sounds lame but as a community we also have to do our part. Now obviously not all veterans are going to this so I humbly request if a f2p weekend happens that veterans solo queue if they absolutely must play regular match. So yea that's it, we all love this game so lets keep doing our part.

(Obviously we want launch ASAP but seeing as we have no official launch date I feel like its a good alternative)
ShirosanDentarukunRealCinnamonJamesnificent001ofManyCrewPlasmachaser

Comments

• ShirosanShirosan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 235
    As a vet from kr version i support this, we need a booster shot into the community and a f2p weekend would help do just that, it would introduce a great game to people and stir up interest. Especially if as the new players are trying the game we vets stream our customs and show the competitive side and how team based the game can be and what the e-sports scene for this game could become.
    SyR_SnOwDentarukunRealCinnamonJamesnificent001ofManyCrewPlasmachaser
  • SyR_SnOwSyR_SnOw
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,440
    Shirosan wrote: »
    As a vet from kr version i support this, we need a booster shot into the community and a f2p weekend would help do just that, it would introduce a great game to people and stir up interest. Especially if as the new players are trying the game we vets stream our customs and show the competitive side and how team based the game can be and what the e-sports scene for this game could become.

F2p weekend + competitive streams during said weekend is just genius.
    RealCinnamonJamesnificent001ofManyCrew
  • NaoNao
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,310
  • RealCinnamonRealCinnamon
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    i just want new people to join the game. But the paywall isn't helping much it should just be a choice if you want the founders pack at this point. we not getting that many keys to give out. so why not go open beta or go with the free to play weekend.
    SyR_SnOwJamesnificent
  • DentarukunDentarukun
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    Exacly my thoughts! This game has so much potential, honestly it is one of a kind. But as a EU player I experience about 3-4 Hours Queue Times without even finding a Game, forced to Queue on NA and play with a delay. That also makes it even harder for new EU player who cannot even find Games, or play at their best performance.
    We need a Free Release on this Game as soon as possible additionally all the Players who wanted a Founders Pack already bought it no sense in keeping it in the market forever. A free weekend with atleast be a start of new Players joining and trying out the Game so why not the Community is keeping on but for how long should we keep on Queueing for 3-5 hours. I really enjoy playing this game but to keep it this way we have to give new players a chance to actually participate on to the game and trying it out for a free Trial Weekend.
    SyR_SnOwJamesnificentRealCinnamon
  • JamesnificentJamesnificent
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    edited October 7, 2017
    I like this Idea because we have people that want to play this game but when they see the paywall they don't want to play it no more. It's not even because its expensive its cheap but people got other games to play and enjoy instead of wasting money on this one and this free access is taking to dam long eventually people who want to play this game will say " Fu.ck it" and never look at it again. The SJW crap which I don't care about mess up this game a little since I been seeing some of the forums and people leaving because of it, don't mess up again!. Most vet players getting bored fighting the same people over and over and only seeing 12 people online sometimes that's sad!, especially for such a great game.
    SyR_SnOw
  • CrewCrew
    Hyper Universe Rep: 470
    I know I don't have the clout as everyone else here but I wholly support this and love the idea of streaming the game too! You guys should try and talk with Raz about the possibility of sponsoring the stream so more people would know about it. :)
  • ElementistElementist
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Maybe when we're closer to launch...
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    I made this suggestion on Friday. Response for that was the same in this thread. I think it's a good idea to get the word out before holiday season and sales for larger games.
    001ofMany
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    edited October 9, 2017
    There are Nexon keys all over the place, as I write this Razer still has keys to give away, yet that has barely made a chip on the game's playerbase.

A free weekend will do nothing with no marketting, and I doubt a free weekend will even make enough money to recoup what any investment on marketting that would be made, specially given the thousands of keys on reseller sites going for a third (and steadily going down) of the listed price.

In my opinion, best they can do is ready up a big content drop and go F2P in December after League's runes reforged update noise has died down (there's not much else happening on December on the PC side of gaming) and hope there's still some semblance of a playerbase by then. Waiting much longer than that and they might as well just pull the plug on the servers.

On release bunch up the hypers less likely to generate any hype with a couple of cool ones for a release patch and save some for post release involvement, and they have to have a decent marketing push with big name streamers like Sodapoppin and/or Qtpie playing the game, that scarfino dude simple doesn't cut it, without a big push this game will just follow the steps of Strife and have a consistent playerbase size that couldn't even fill a PUBG round.