about the free weekend event

BoatGodBoatGod
Hyper Universe Rep: 120
in General Chat
can i reach level 15 on my old account and still get the founder pack?

Comments

• TopSonyaTopSonya
    Hyper Universe Rep: 115
    No, you have to make a new account.
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    I think this is a bummer, but what can you do...
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    edited October 19, 2017
    its no big deal. I had obtained a free key for the "early access"
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    A ton of people have already returned their game in spite of people getting the game for free when they had to pay. They are trying too hard to get people to play their game. But that just serves as a slight to the people who paid to gain early access to the game.

I don't think they will ever save face with the community or save the game from going under at this point. Their reputation definitely precedes them. At this point I still get something out of it though, the same way you see a traffic accident, Interesting as hell to watch.
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    edited October 19, 2017
    Hegoken wrote: »
    A ton of people have already returned their game in spite of people getting the game for free when they had to pay. They are trying too hard to get people to play their game. But that just serves as a slight to the people who paid to gain early access to the game.

I don't think they will ever save face with the community or save the game from going under at this point. Their reputation definitely precedes them. At this point I still get something out of it though, the same way you see a traffic accident, Interesting as hell to watch.

What's your endgame with your stream of posts? Do you want to encourage more people to leave? Do you want this game to fail? What kind of pleasure are you seeking in pushing towards ruination? If you aren't a fan of a game, but care about the game, I'd like to see the type of communication that encourage positive change rather than doom and gloom. Truth is, you do like this game but are frustrated with Nexon. You won't be happy if this game shuts down.... At the very least, you won't have an audience to listen to your doom and gloom or even the "I was right" posts. I'm just curious what you want because I think you are just posturing for a ban or something...
    Foxpaws00
  • LostChildLostChild
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Wait! So in other words, even though I got early access just today and reached level 4, I'm now expected to create a completely new nexon account to be eligible for the event? Oh wth!
  • PredictablePredictable
    Hyper Universe Rep: 415
    If you redeemed your friend key between 10/4 and 10/18 and reached level 2 before the event started on the 19th, you are eligible to get a Founder's Pack by reaching level 15 :)
  • LostChildLostChild
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    If you redeemed your friend key between 10/4 and 10/18 and reached level 2 before the event started on the 19th, you are eligible to get a Founder's Pack by reaching level 15 :)
    Yay! Your response made me feel so relieved. Will be queuing for the next 3 days. <3 <3 <3 Thx Predictable!
  • HegokenHegoken
    edited October 19, 2017
    DuWryght wrote: »
    What's your endgame with your stream of posts? Do you want to encourage more people to leave? Do you want this game to fail? What kind of pleasure are you seeking in pushing towards ruination? If you aren't a fan of a game, but care about the game, I'd like to see the type of communication that encourage positive change rather than doom and gloom. Truth is, you do like this game but are frustrated with Nexon. You won't be happy if this game shuts down.... At the very least, you won't have an audience to listen to your doom and gloom or even the "I was right" posts. I'm just curious what you want because I think you are just posturing for a ban or something...

What I'm doing isn't a game. And I do not encourage people to leave, I merely understand WHY they are leaving. In fact, I never would have even thought that the Halloween even was going to backfire and cause 1/3rd of the playerbase to leave. It's all very interesting nonetheless.

This isn't doom and gloom, it's numbers. You watch the numbers climb, you watch the numbers drop. Then I relay the information, and I will share it in multiple forums, because not everyone goes to a single forum. If Hyper Universe was successful and had half a million players logging in daily, dropping tons of money on skins and making it to tournament scenes across the world, I'd be relaying that too, and describing its succession.

I feel the reason you are so upset about this, is because the truth of the information stings. You are upset, and you have the right to be. It sucks when the game you enjoy is not picking up players to even make the game relevant, and the few people who do try it, only end up returning it a day or two later because the queue times are too long, or the community itself shuns them away for having a different opinion. (I personally haven't even visited the discord for the Steam forums I read about it)

The thing is, I do like the game, but I don't like how the game is handled which drives me to not support it. I was at the forefront a while ago, trying to prevent the game from reaching the state its in today. When I did play and do forum posts and be part of the community there was 500 active players on a regular basis. the numbers were nothing but climbing until Nexon made poor decisions that the community didn't agree with were made. I even warned them in personal messages and forum posts, and it wasn't even just me that was warning them either.

Now the game is lucky if it even breaks over 100 players online at one time, and I suspect a small fraction of them are afkers. So feel free to be upset. I just watch the numbers and relay the information. You can even notice the how inactive the moderators are compared to what they were before. Things aren't going well at all, and that's just fact. Not doom, not gloom, just fact.
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    edited November 16, 2017
    Hegoken wrote: »
    I feel the reason you are so upset about this

I'll have to stop you right there. I'm definitely not upset by your information. But there is truth in that I'm not happy with how the game is being managed. That doesn't stop me from being the change I like to see. If you are the change you would to see, you are asking for Nexon to put a sad clown mask on and demoralize the community. I just don't see how and who that helps.

• DuWryghtDuWryght
    edited November 16, 2017
    (post edited)
  • HegokenHegoken
    Well the truth of the matter is that the damage is done, and is still being done. People DO know about Hyper Universe, they definitely heard of the game, they just know to stay away from it and that it's a complete and total train wreck. This event won't help them.

The best thing that can happen (and it will sound horrible but hear me out) is that the game dies. When the game dies, Nexon will no longer see it as being profitable to maintain and ditch Hyper Universe and another company will pick it up. This will not be too different from Dungeon Fighters, another title Nexon botched up on, but also a title another company picked up by another company and it's been doing pretty good, still going decently since they support their community.

The likelihood of the second company doing better than Nexon is almost assured. They simply have to see what happened, see all the mistakes Nexon made and to do the opposite. Of course it'll received an altered title to distance itself from Nexon's fingerprints. It'll probably be called something like Hyper Universe: Overdrive or if they were really smart Hyper Universe: UNCENSORED.

Can you imagine how many people will come back or even new people roll in just with the 'Uncensored' in the title?! jesus! People would throw some money at this game just because of it! (I've seen it happen with games and such).

But went off topic a bit there. Long story short, this event won't help much at all i don't think. The numbers will tell.
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    If this game fails there will be no 2nd chance, Dungeon Fighter did not get picked by another publisher, it was self published by the developer who had the resources to do so because the game is massively successful.

In Hyper Universe's case, the game is struggling in Korea, failing in the west and having a tiny playerbase in Korea will just mean the developer will die and take the game with it.
    DuWryght
  • Arckangel005Arckangel005
    Unconfirmed, Member
    I played various games from nexon in past years, like, vindictus, dragon nest and ghost in the shell... but its been like a year sice there was a reallt good game from them... and so i found hyper universe and tried the free weekend and loved it!!!

Steill, today i dont have the game anymore because am a gamer who like games from nexon and didnt create a whole new acount when i alredy had one? how is that a form to reward
  • PredictablePredictable
    Hyper Universe Rep: 415
    I played various games from nexon in past years, like, vindictus, dragon nest and ghost in the shell... but its been like a year sice there was a reallt good game from them... and so i found hyper universe and tried the free weekend and loved it!!!

Steill, today i dont have the game anymore because am a gamer who like games from nexon and didnt create a whole new acount when i alredy had one? how is that a form to reward

You did not have to create a new Nexon account. However, if you did not reach level 7 during the free weekend you will have lost the ability to play, for now.