Is Nexon going to fix what they broke?

Comments

• KaiserKeysKaiserKeys
    Hyper Universe Rep: 205
    edited February 19, 2018
    At first when I saw what they did to my favorite character (Tatyanna) I was shocked but I did not consider quitting the game. In game her boobs were still over-sized and jiggly so the change didn't really "change" anything. A lot of people have told me that the jiggle physics are GONE when they have just been lowered to a less noticeable level.

A female character can still look and feel cool without wearing half her clothing and looking like she does a little more than just battle for her money. I bought the founders pack and I regret absolutely nothing in terms of the change. Stating that you are disappointed in a developer for changing SPLASH art and literally dropping a game is the essence of stupidity imo. Have you even seen what cool and fun characters have been in Korea that we will soon be getting? Take all the titties away, I don't care... Splash Art is literally on the screen for less than 5 minutes between character select and the loading screen. As long as that in game model is the SAME, as it actually is, why does anyone care or cry this much?

I feel that a lot of people who are leaving negative reviews or still complaining about this barely actually PLAY or even care about the state of the game. The hyper universe skins are so amazing to look at and even give you special emotes and skill animations (something a lot of games I play charge you 20 extra dollars for or don't give at all for the same price). Some skins, a skin that I currently use for Celine, are FREE... FREEEEEEEEE.... You pay nothing for the skin out of pocket, you just play the game.
  • BearilBearil
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    edited February 19, 2018
    Is a matter of principies. I dont enjoy being treated like i was 8 years old. I paid money for the game full package not just the gameplay and do remember that people DO pay cash for the model AND the splash art, in fact bad splash arts can deter people from buying a skin despite the ingame model is nice.

The special emotes are a moot point, every Moba out there doesnt ask to shell gold again after buying a character to unlock those character emotes and there arent "special emotes" but the only emotes they have, so its "buy emotes or have none"

About event skins theres nothing new many games do the same is not like they are doing something revolutionary. And if remember well that Celine skin is censored as well in game. It may be for free buts that like having a disgusting hamburger and when someone says he doesnt want to eat it the neighbour says while munching an equally bad hamburger "dude eat it, its free!!". Some people do have standars ...
  • KaiserKeysKaiserKeys
    Hyper Universe Rep: 205
    Bearil wrote: »
    Is a matter of principies. I dont enjoy being treated like i was 8 years old. I paid money for the game full package not just the gameplay and do remember that people DO pay cash for the model AND the splash art, in fact bad splash arts can deter people from buying a skin despite the ingame model is nice.

The special emotes are a moot point, every Moba out there doesnt ask to shell gold again after buying a character to unlock those character emotes and there arent "special emotes" but the only emotes they have, so its "buy emotes or have none"

About event skins theres nothing new many games do the same is not like they are doing something revolutionary. And if remember well that Celine skin is censored as well in game. It may be for free buts that like having a disgusting hamburger and when someone says he doesnt want to eat it the neighbour says while munching an equally bad hamburger "dude eat it, its free!!". Some people do have standars ...

You missed the point by a large margin. Censorship is not"treating you like you were" anything, its a decision businesses make to open their game to a broader audience. You paying money for the game, like literally anybody else with the founders pack, does not define that Nexon owe you ANYTHING. This whole arguement of "I paid for the game" is so deafening, you put in money to support the developers like the rest of us. If bad splash art deters you from buying a skin that looks amazing in game, then... idk what to say to you lol. Splash art potentially changes every year or so, it is never a defined piece of art. Character models, skills, and splash art can ALWAYS change. Look at League of Legends... that game had the ugliest splash art for years and they changed many if not all of the splashes over the years.

The emotes comment is just sad. You do know that many games out there don't even have emotes for characters that change with skins? I'm not talking mobas only either, some games will ask you to shell out 30 bucks for just an idle animation and new Armor. You're literally saying that because another game does it that you don't care that Hyper Universe does it. The designers don't have to give Idol Yuna a special emote for the specific skin, yes you unlock the 3 emotes for that character but designing 3 new emotes for just a single skin is very nice to have.

Yet again, you just sound so undeserving. Just because other games do it does not mean Hyper Universe HAD to, the Celine skin isn't censored.... If that's what you call censorship then idk at this point. Her boobs are much smaller than her other skins but the character skin has always looked like that o.o. The whole burger comment is also nonsensical so I just don't know what to say to you at this point. When video games do awesome for people they shun it all because of one dislike or one developer decision which is sad. Nothing about the Celine skin is bad... if the burger is bad just don't eat it, I think this burger is delicious so complain away if you want. Just utter nonsense is being spewed at this point.
  • kaiser1onekaiser1one
    Hyper Universe Rep: 485
    KaiserKeys wrote: »
    At first when I saw what they did to my favorite character (Tatyanna) I was shocked but I did not consider quitting the game. In game her boobs were still over-sized and jiggly so the change didn't really "change" anything. A lot of people have told me that the jiggle physics are GONE when they have just been lowered to a less noticeable level.

A female character can still look and feel cool without wearing half her clothing and looking like she does a little more than just battle for her money. I bought the founders pack and I regret absolutely nothing in terms of the change. Stating that you are disappointed in a developer for changing SPLASH art and literally dropping a game is the essence of stupidity imo. Have you even seen what cool and fun characters have been in Korea that we will soon be getting? Take all the titties away, I don't care... Splash Art is literally on the screen for less than 5 minutes between character select and the loading screen. As long as that in game model is the SAME, as it actually is, why does anyone care or cry this much?

I feel that a lot of people who are leaving negative reviews or still complaining about this barely actually PLAY or even care about the state of the game. The hyper universe skins are so amazing to look at and even give you special emotes and skill animations (something a lot of games I play charge you 20 extra dollars for or don't give at all for the same price). Some skins, a skin that I currently use for Celine, are FREE... FREEEEEEEEE.... You pay nothing for the skin out of pocket, you just play the game.

Yeah; the jiggle isn't actually "gone" but it's barely there. The fact they turned it "off" and you have to manually re-enable it in the game file is ridiculous. The fact it got turned "off" is telling.

Some cleavage and large breasts = ? What? Yes, you didn't say that directly but that's what is easily inferred. Lots of people who say that kinda thing are also the kind that don't mind lil Jimmy is capping folks on GTA. Not saying you do.
    The game models are the same; for now. But, how can we trust they won't come back and alter it later? They said there would be no more changes; but can that be trusted? That's one of the issues that was sparked from the censorship debacle.

You can complain about the fact a game censored itself for poor reasons (and the bad PR that followed) and still care about the state of the game. Many still play despite the unwanted changes. Many just won't dare buy a skin. Skins = money. No money = doom.
  • CypherousCypherous
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120

And those people need to be aware that things care subject to change at ANY time, just look at the number of visual and gameplay reworks in the likes of league, if it needs to be changed it will be changed
  • BearilBearil
    Yep, but those changes on LoL are usually for better, even if you dont like the new splash (and some old splashes were HIDEOUS), no one will say that the new up to date models are worse than the old low quality models. Here the models are downgraded (very same model with animations removed) and so did the splash art (some fully changed showing at least some effort but most are just badly photoshop edited to reduce breasts/cleavage).

Everything is up to change but if the up to change means" downgrading" most of the time, people will just leave. Nexon owes nothing to the players but that goes on both says and players dont owe Nexon nothing so they will show their discontent with their wallets
  • CypherousCypherous
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    Yep, but those changes on LoL are usually for better, even if you dont like the new splash (and some old splashes were HIDEOUS), no one will say that the new up to date models are worse than the old low quality models. Here the models are downgraded (very same model with animations removed) and so did the splash art (some fully changed showing at least some effort but most are just badly photoshop edited to reduce breasts/cleavage).

Everything is up to change but if the up to change means" downgrading" most of the time, people will just leave. Nexon owes nothing to the players but that goes on both says and players dont owe Nexon nothing so they will show their discontent with their wallets

What meaningful animations were removed, adjusting the boob physics doesn't matter one iota in the grand scheme of things, what changes were made that ACTUALLY downgraded anything that MATTERED
  • BearilBearil
    edited February 22, 2018
    You know that what "matters" is entirely subjetive? But fact is they added nothing while removing something. People dont enjoy when a vendor offers you a car and after buying it he removes the AC system before giving it to you saying "hey the car works i didnt downgrade anything that mattered" Some people may not care about AC but you can be sure that a to a lot it does, more when the vendor was showing it off same as Nexon was showing off the fanservice even if they use "things are subject to change" card
    UncensoredorBust
  • UncensoredorBustUncensoredorBust
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    KaiserKeys wrote: »

You missed the point by a large margin. Censorship is not"treating you like you were" anything, its a decision businesses make to open their game to a broader audience. You paying money for the game, like literally anybody else with the founders pack, does not define that Nexon owe you ANYTHING. This whole arguement of "I paid for the game" is so deafening, you put in money to support the developers like the rest of us. If bad splash art deters you from buying a skin that looks amazing in game, then... idk what to say to you lol. Splash art potentially changes every year or so, it is never a defined piece of art. Character models, skills, and splash art can ALWAYS change. Look at League of Legends... that game had the ugliest splash art for years and they changed many if not all of the splashes over the years.

The emotes comment is just sad. You do know that many games out there don't even have emotes for characters that change with skins? I'm not talking mobas only either, some games will ask you to shell out 30 bucks for just an idle animation and new Armor. You're literally saying that because another game does it that you don't care that Hyper Universe does it. The designers don't have to give Idol Yuna a special emote for the specific skin, yes you unlock the 3 emotes for that character but designing 3 new emotes for just a single skin is very nice to have.

Yet again, you just sound so undeserving. Just because other games do it does not mean Hyper Universe HAD to, the Celine skin isn't censored.... If that's what you call censorship then idk at this point. Her boobs are much smaller than her other skins but the character skin has always looked like that o.o. The whole burger comment is also nonsensical so I just don't know what to say to you at this point. When video games do awesome for people they shun it all because of one dislike or one developer decision which is sad. Nothing about the Celine skin is bad... if the burger is bad just don't eat it, I think this burger is delicious so complain away if you want. Just utter nonsense is being spewed at this point.

If somebody missed the point it is you mate
    Nexon spent money to remove customers not the other way around in addition nexon poisoned the well
    HU was a Moba that attracted a niche audience and did that rather succesfully up to the point where nexon alienated their niche audience for the broader audience excuse and lost

Simply look at KCD while the game certainly has some bugs it already sold 500k copies by not comprising their vision, or the announcement from Marvel that the original Heroes will return after mass cancellations and horrible sales numbers

HU is hopefully the last victim of this upside down view
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    edited February 23, 2018
    Yeah, usually Moba games like this are a Niche genre. Once crowd was ignored, they totally left. Which is probably why these forums are basically dead... Also knowing Nexon, this will be one of the many up and coming blunders since they STILL don't listen to their community.