Is Nexon going to fix what they broke?

Comments

• Watz0Watz0
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    Why do noone see male character in only his underwear and think '' hentai game '' or that it is sexy and sexual? Do people not think about these things and how hypocritical they are being? Censoring only female characters like this is just messed up. People always shame female character and women like this it is disgusting behaviour. Stop with the double standards................
    UncensoredorBust
  • NiizzyNiizzy
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    edited January 19, 2018
    Well, my queues don't get past 10 sec and I'm happy with that. I read the forums alright and the only thing I see is that people are mad because they didn't included big boobs in the game, boohoo. So what? What does it change in the mechanics? They are still very interesting and fun. I see Celine or Blue Rose and their disproportional body makes me frown. They are ridiculous but in a funny kind of way.

I like boobs just as the next guy and there are some extreme censorship that are detrimental to a game, just like the censorship Blade and Soul got. But reducing the ridiculous and unnecessary boobs size a little bit? Giving them a little more cloth in the splash art that you can't even notice? That is not motive to cry that much. Frankly, looks like who complains about this wants to play the game to fap. If the game dies in the future, it will be because of childish attitude from people who have nothing better to do, not because the devs did something wrong, because they didn't.

Like I said, horny bastards.
    KaiserKeys
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    edited January 19, 2018
    Calling people who are against censorship horny bastards is like calling people who vote democrat lazy entitled punks who only want handouts.

Nizzy, If you really want to make an argument about why a specific issue can be good for a game or not, I'd steer clear from the personal attacks. What you're currently doing isn't really doing this game any favors other than just further dividing the community.
    Watz0UncensoredorBust
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Mind you a lot of the revenue comes from skins and individual hyper sales. What's your take on this?
    Watz0
  • kaiser1onekaiser1one
    Hyper Universe Rep: 485
    Niizzy wrote: »
    Well, my queues don't get past 10 sec and I'm happy with that. I read the forums alright and the only thing I see is that people are mad because they didn't included big boobs in the game, boohoo. So what? What does it change in the mechanics? They are still very interesting and fun. I see Celine or Blue Rose and their disproportional body makes me frown. They are ridiculous but in a funny kind of way.

I like boobs just as the next guy and there are some extreme censorship that are detrimental to a game, just like the censorship Blade and Soul got. But reducing the ridiculous and unnecessary boobs size a little bit? Giving them a little more cloth in the splash art that you can't even notice? That is not motive to cry that much. Frankly, looks like who complains about this wants to play the game to fap. If the game dies in the future, it will be because of childish attitude from people who have nothing better to do, not because the devs did something wrong, because they didn't.

Like I said, horny bastards.

Of course the queue isn't long; there's now 1800+ players playing instead of like 25 cause it's fully released now instead of payed Early Access.

I'm gonna assume you didn't read the threads because if you did you would know it's about more than "muh big bewbs".

Can't even notice? Are you kidding?

Ah; as usual, blame the people who won't buy the skins. Well, maybe they should've listened to their target base instead of "we don't want to offend anyone" and "think of the children" crowds? Word gets around when a game is censored for bad reasons. Those people hold the view "Censored? No buy." Any "suffering" is on the people who decided to censor things. Maybe don't cater to the "other" crowd and instead listen to your actual player base?
    Watz0
  • Watz0Watz0
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    edited January 22, 2018
    SirObesity wrote: »
    Calling people who are against censorship horny bastards is like calling people who vote democrat lazy entitled punks who only want handouts.

Nizzy, If you really want to make an argument about why a specific issue can be good for a game or not, I'd steer clear from the personal attacks. What you're currently doing isn't really doing this game any favors other than just further dividing the community.

That is all they do all the time. Just attack attack attack. Never respond for real. They have nothing to say other than attack it seem. Like even if some may disagree it is no need to attack. They say when game was censored it was ppl on feedback forum who was afraid to speak that they want game to be censor because they was gonna be attacked. But all i see is ppl be attacked for not likeing censorship. Ppl who dont like censorship usually not attack sometime they do but very uncommon. They will talk to ppl most of the time and actually have discussion with you. But then there are ppl who just attack those who not like censorship and call them names. If they add toggle there would be no more attacking and all would be good again.

And btw. Sorry for my bad english... I have sister who is better than me at english who check and fix for me sometimes. English is not my first language what will i do without her xD. She likes to do it tho it gives her practice but she is not always here.
    UncensoredorBust
  • UncensoredorBustUncensoredorBust
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited February 11, 2018
    NF85 wrote: »
    nothing to fix as there is nothing that is broken regarding this topic.
    western and eastern clients are now both equally censored.

Indeed instead of "only" alienating the EU and most of the NA customers Nexxon also alienated the Korean Audience well done
    Spoiler alert: They are not happy.
    http://bbs.ruliweb.com/pc/board/300007/read/2137897

Just check how the comic book industry is nihilistic destroying itself and how many comics book where cancelled last year, because the censorship fans do not put their money where their mouth is
  • CypherousCypherous
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    ZeroHuman wrote: »
    I was excited to play this game intil I found out it was censored. I rather not be treated like a child and I would rather play the game the way it was intended. Can anyone imagine if "Doom" game was censored for blood? imagine Nier was censored for B2's thighs? imagine BDO censored and restricted the character creation? Imagine old nude art being censored? Yeah I can't imagine it without destroying said art. It's my policy not to pay or play for a game that treats me like this. Nexon already killed over 70% of potential playerbase because gamers hate being treated like this. So my question is if Nexon ever going to fix what they broke? Maybe the game can still be saved otherwise it's just going to die out.

Will Nexon be able to restore the game the way it was or will we be able to have an option to turn off/on censorship? because right now the majority of players are offended by the censorship than their are those who support it. Can us players have a choice? Because if the censorship stays then I'm not buying or supporting this.

Who is this "majority" exactly, do you have an actual source, i've seen a few whine threads but those people don't make up the majority of the playerbase, the daily player numbers, which are public for the steam side, clearly show that you are infact the minority
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    Cypherous wrote: »
    I was excited to play this game intil I found out it was censored. I rather not be treated like a child and I would rather play the game the way it was intended. Can anyone imagine if "Doom" game was censored for blood? imagine Nier was censored for B2's thighs? imagine BDO censored and restricted the character creation? Imagine old nude art being censored? Yeah I can't imagine it without destroying said art. It's my policy not to pay or play for a game that treats me like this. Nexon already killed over 70% of potential playerbase because gamers hate being treated like this. So my question is if Nexon ever going to fix what they broke? Maybe the game can still be saved otherwise it's just going to die out.

Will Nexon be able to restore the game the way it was or will we be able to have an option to turn off/on censorship? because right now the majority of players are offended by the censorship than their are those who support it. Can us players have a choice? Because if the censorship stays then I'm not buying or supporting this.

Who is this "majority" exactly, do you have an actual source, i've seen a few whine threads but those people don't make up the majority of the playerbase, the daily player numbers, which are public for the steam side, clearly show that you are infact the minority

The "majority" is the players who dont play this game. If there is only 2k players on this game, while every one say it's a great game, it's cause Nexon ruined it. During beta, according steamchart, when Nexon launched censorship, players base down 500 to 100 then 25 at last. Just a fact.
    Most of players are males, love boobs and lewd stuff and even if they dont care, you can be sure they dont like censorship anyway.
    And it's not the 10 SJW players who full agree with Nexon way who can save this game.

In short : "Majority" dont trust in Nexon. "Majority" hate censorship. "Majority" wont spend money in a game who will shut down in few months.
  • CypherousCypherous
    Shakrina wrote: »

The "majority" is the players who dont play this game. If there is only 2k players on this game, while every one say it's a great game, it's cause Nexon ruined it. During beta, according steamchart, when Nexon launched censorship, players base down 500 to 100 then 25 at last. Just a fact.
    Most of players are males, love boobs and lewd stuff and even if they dont care, you can be sure they dont like censorship anyway.
    And it's not the 10 SJW players who full agree with Nexon way who can save this game.

In short : "Majority" dont trust in Nexon. "Majority" hate censorship. "Majority" wont spend money in a game who will shut down in few months.

So your "majority" doesn't actually exist, cool thats handy to know, because facts are important when you make a claim, so far, you have nothing to back that up, player drops are normal and while there will be a "few" people who left because they were people who wanted an "easy out" so instead of actually explaining the REAL reasons they stopped playing they could just jump on the "censorship" bandwagon and not feel like they were infact just really bad at the game or that there was more complicated stuff that drove them away, better to look strong in a group than try to voice your own opinions for most people sadly, mainly because of the blind fanboyism communities create, i've personally suggested some issues and changes on the discord but the fanboys refused to even bother reading it because it would require fundamental changes to the game which they don't want, sadly this is what kills games, the unwillingness to adapt and actually see the games faults :P

"according steamchart, when Nexon launched censorship, players base down 500 to 100 then 25 at last. Just a fact."

The fact is that decline was from a game that was in beta, would have had massive issues and only managed a beta of 500 people in the first place, you'll also see that it was a very steady decline, it launched on the 24th of august and was already losing players off their peak count on the 28th, that is just standard player drops, not a mass exodus, the first dip to below 50 players wasn't until the 17th of october, a good 6 weeks, but again, it was a game in beta and i don't know what the state of the game actually looked like back then in terms of bugs and balance issues, 500 players isn't healthy anyway

Now, here is the truely mind blowing part, you mention that the censorship was done back in beta, which was in august, the game didn't "launch" until january, so, the censorship was already done by then, people would already have been aware of it and if they actually didn't want to play because of the censorship, they wouldn't have started playing at all once it released, yet players did, ergo, the people since launch that have left didn't leave because of censorship, thats just common sense and logic, if a game has a feature you disagree with why would you actively start playing it long after this feature was added? :P

The player decline has nothing to do with censorship and you all know this yet its a hot topic you can easily latch on to just because you get to point fingers at nexon, you all seem to forget that MANY games all get censored and localised and changed to fit their target markets, but that would require you to actually be able to make logical conclusions and think rationally i guess :)
    KaiserKeys
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,095
    Don't feed them Cypherous. They are hungry for attention and are entitled their own truth. Threads like this are for those that want to trash on the game. The threads will die out like their own interest in the game and they will move on to another game forum to yell at. All they want is for this game to burn and attention for saying so.

But I for one, will enjoy it and all of its fun.
    KaiserKeys
  • k2bartenderk2bartender
    They should improve or add more servers for NA. I live in Canada and my ping is so HIGH and this is the only game I am lagging with.
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    edited February 13, 2018
    At last I don't care, have allready did my mourning about HU. You free to think Nexon did nice job and censhorship was a good choice. Me i just stay there for two thing :
    -Hope Nexon realise acting like SJW in videogames is s**t, and turn back on censorship.
    -Or laught hard when the game will shut down ^^
  • CypherousCypherous
    At last I don't care, have allready did my mourning about HU. You free to think Nexon did nice job and censhorship was a good choice. Me i just stay there for two thing :
    -Hope Nexon realise acting like SJW in videogames is s**t, and turn back on censorship.

Its not a case of acting like a SJW, games were changed to fit with target markets long before the term SJW was even a thing, hell before the internet was really a thing, so playing the SJW card is extremely inaccurate

The game will probably shut down, however its not related to the localisation work that was done, although trying to convince you otherwise would actually take you realising you were in the wrong which is a tad unlikely at this stage ;)

But you are entitled to your opinion, even when its wrong :)
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    edited February 14, 2018

Its not a case of acting like a SJW, games were changed to fit with target markets long before the term SJW was even a thing, hell before the internet was really a thing, so playing the SJW card is extremely inaccurate

The game will probably shut down, however its not related to the localisation work that was done, although trying to convince you otherwise would actually take you realising you were in the wrong which is a tad unlikely at this stage ;)

But you are entitled to your opinion, even when its wrong :)

At least the two of you share some common ground on the game's future... I guess that counts?
  • goliathfasagoliathfasa
    Hyper Universe Rep: 105
    Coming from the angle of someone who only heard of the game and joined after the F2P launch, this whole thing seems blown out of proportions.

The female hypers in question all are literally falling out of their cloths, from what I can tell, and only by looking at the direct comparisons of said artworks were any changes apparent.

And I ... don't think you can even qualify the decision to cover up the artworks as "sjw"... have you SEEN what SJWs do? This game in its current state is still literally an SJW nightmare. T&A everywhere.

That said, I can understand people getting peeved due to buying into early access and having the artworks changed after. Just try to take a step back and have some perspective.
    KaiserKeys
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    That's pretty much the issue. The changes went to that mid point where neither party is happy. One side sees it's still too lewd and the other side sees it as censorship.
  • CypherousCypherous
    SirObesity wrote: »
    That's pretty much the issue. The changes went to that mid point where neither party is happy. One side sees it's still too lewd and the other side sees it as censorship.

Well the thing is, if you ONLY bought in to the game because of the massive boobs then you probably got the game for the wrong reason, any and ALL content in a game like this is subject to change, i've lost track of the number of times riot has completely redone a champions artwork or updated the kits/models, the game is going to change its not going to remain static, this is part of those changes
    KaiserKeys
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    edited February 16, 2018
    Well I still play the game... I think I've said that in another thread

At the same time, this entire topic is hurting the game. I also won't blame the other side for voicing their feedback and I don't need to resort to slander to discredit them for doing so.

Slanderous generalizations below:

All democrats are lazy
    all gamers are fat and nerdy
    all introverts are psychopaths
    all welfare recipients are leeches
    all LGBT are mentally ill
    all Africans are criminals
    and all people who like T&A are perverts

all examples above are ridiculous, but somehow seems to be a really useful tool to dismiss the opposition to a lower tier of humanity and discredit their arguments. I've seen this used a lot throughout every topic concerning censorship here and in steam.

• DeviaPuellaDeviaPuella
    Hyper Universe Rep: 225

Same here. I'm freeloading it as it is while the gameplay is still fun but I've experienced their older games that were ultimately shut down due to "lack of player interest" excuses so if the game goes kaput I wouldn't even be surprised anymore.