How does matchmaking work?

KafrielKafriel
Hyper Universe Rep: 240
in General Chat
There's like, 20 people on the official channel, I see myself and another 6 queued up for AI matches. I get 3 bots on my side. How does that work?

Comments

• XennusXennus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 210
    Wait a sec, how can we see who's queued and for what mode ? Also, we can log out of the chat room, so the number isn't always accurate.
  • KafrielKafriel
    The icon to the right of your name shows your status; magnifying glass means queued for a game. You can hover your cursor over it to see what type of game it is. Agreed on inaccuracy, but since you can see who's in, there's at least that many players currently in queue.
  • ArcvArcv
    Hyper Universe Rep: 785
    Matchmaking works by pairing you with people through similar MMR, meaning your wins and losses. However, matchmaking *may* pair you with higher level players as an attempt to forcefully create a game.
    For AI games, it may be the similar case, however it may be much different, I'm fairly certain that either
    A. You guys are probably queuing for different AI matches/mode (beginner or veteran mode)
    B. The MMR is much different, because if you're playing on beginner, the AI is supposed to be created to reflect your current skill level. This means varying MMR may result in playing with bots rather than other players.
    C. I have no freaking clue, so good luck B)

I'm sorry you're not able to easily find a game, hopefully this won't be an issue in the future, there are more free weekends to come, and the F2P launch is soon (Mid January) . Best be patient :)
    XennusSháng
  • XennusXennus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 210
    Mid January ? About time xD

I'll admit I'm a bit on the rookie side, getting used to the fast side scrolling controls isn't the same thing as playing Mouse RTS style. So, frequently I end up being matched with people far more experienced, and they end up cussing me ;w;

Going F2P will prolly mean we'll see a huge influx of fellow rookies. Yay.
  • KafrielKafriel
    Might as well wait it out then. Hopefully official launch will fix this, at least.
  • YennyYenny
    Hyper Universe Rep: 620
    No one really knows!