Beta Station Final Turret

OgienChomikOgienChomik
Hyper Universe Rep: 250
in Suggestions and Feedback
I posted this in the twitch chat when the map was initially shown off but I really feel like it needs to be said here. The final turret of the map needs to be redesigned to look more... awesome. I feel that having it look just slightly beefier than the other turrets kind makes it not feel as important so in the back of your mind you just don't think of how crucial it is to defend it. The final turret needs to have a really good design stating "I'm big, I'm important, If I die the match is over." I'm sorry for not having any real thoughts on what exactly it should look like, it's just a feeling.

While we're on this I feel the final turret may need to have two firing turrets instead of just one, the final turret should be able to partially defend when all four allied hypers are attempting a defense and there is no siege tank in play. I may be over thinking this but I feel there needs to be room for a solid comeback when all hope is almost lost especially for the new people coming in. Anyone who has thoughts on this let me know!
SyR_SnOwXennusRealCinnamon

Comments

• OgienChomikOgienChomik
    Hyper Universe Rep: 250
    edited December 1, 2017
    One more thing I want to add, now that the final turret is away from spawn it doesn't make sense that spawn explodes when that final turret goes down, I feel the spawn needs to symbolize something important but exploding randomly is not something that can happen. maybe changing it to the enemy color would make more sense and the final turret has the same look as the turrets at spawn, two beams that focus shots on you (obviously not as powerful) and when the final turret reaches zero health that turret explodes and the enemy "captures" the spawn.

as for spawn I feel it needs to be changed slightly to look more like the key machine that "respawns" the allied hypers and less like a super mega turret that is only there to destroy the enemy if they do something super stupid. essentially move the turret from spawn to the final turret, make the lazers into less powerful turrets, and change spawn into something that must be captured to stop the enemy hypers that keep respawning there
  • RUMMAKERRUMMAKER
    Hyper Universe Rep: 255
    edited December 11, 2017
    The reason they made this change is to give more attack paths right? So i see no reason for spawn to be separate

Just put the normal spwn+tower base where the final defence tower is rn. You'll have to cut off the upper floor section but you still get to keep the new lower floor section and it will look soo much better

Oh yea, in case mods actually read this can u guys makr the jg ward pick up spawn where the ward dropped not where ur character is... that small detail is incredibly annoying.. or just remove jg wards forever cuz its dumb thx.
  • RealCinnamonRealCinnamon
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    i agree that 2 cannons would be a nice upgrade or the turret could do 1 big blast every like 3 attacks that does big AOE dmg. also the last turret could be more... flashy.
  • ArcvArcv
    Hyper Universe Rep: 785
    RUMMAKER wrote: »
    The reason they made this change is to give more attack paths right? So i see no reason for spawn to be separate

Just put the normal spwn+tower base where the final defence tower is rn. You'll have to cut off the upper floor section but you still get to keep the new lower floor section and it will look soo much better

Oh yea, in case mods actually read this can u guys makr the jg ward pick up spawn where the ward dropped not where ur character is... that small detail is incredibly annoying.. or just remove jg wards forever cuz its dumb thx.

This is because its so players can steal wards, be careful.
  • RUMMAKERRUMMAKER
    Hyper Universe Rep: 255
    This is because its so players can steal wards, be careful.

I ment when you pick the ward up it spawns where your hyper is.. so when the ward spawns it moves slightly and thats annoying