Ranked Mode Feedback Megathread

RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
Hyper Universe Rep: 2,270
Administrator
edited December 14, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Hey there Hypers!

We need to know your thoughts about ranked mode to make sure it's how YOU want to play Hyper competitively.
Please let us know your thoughts, concerns, or suggestions about ranked mode in this thread!

Some topics to discuss:
  • Ban phase
  • Ban / pick interface
  • Map choices

As a bonus incentive, we are rewarding players who leave thoughtful and thorough feedback,suggestions or ideas 10,000 GP in-game.
Thank you in advance to all the people who try out rank mode and leave their thoughts!

GL HF out there!
KrauSTreviz

Comments

• SyR_SnOwSyR_SnOw
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,320
    edited December 15, 2017
    Ranked requirement level increased to 25. Maybe have a certain number of Hypers must be owned as well. Not sure of how many since we don't know how gold gains will be and what hyper packs will be out etc etc.
  • ZemlizZemliz
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    edited December 14, 2017
    This might be stupid but you could add a lill text that tells you wich team has first pick. Then you could do so you can select a hyper & your team will see wich hyper you'd prefer to play or what role you prefer
  • OgienChomikOgienChomik
    Hyper Universe Rep: 235
    First I would like to say that I loved the lay out of the beta station, I'm kind of sad to see the turret moved back to it's original spot, I loved that the fights were separate from spawn, allowed for an easier and more fun end from both sides.

Secondly for the pick and ban phase I feel when it's your turn to pick or ban there should be a bit more animation and sound effects so you know it's your time to pick or ban.
  • OgienChomikOgienChomik
    Hyper Universe Rep: 235
    edited December 14, 2017
    Oh and one more thing I would love to have a way to know what hypers your allies have while your picking and banning so you know if you can switch hypers afterwards, some people aren't all that talkative when it comes to swapping which also allows for trolling. but I guess any one can troll, idk just a quality of life thing.

(edit)
    another thing I want to add is the ability to hover during draft select that way you can assemble your team beforehand
  • KrauSKrauS
    The map could be chose for the players
  • TrevizTreviz
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    Whoever leaves the game at the time or after choosing the character ban, and also leaving the game or closing the game after the enemy team chooses their characters, is suspended for 10 minutes when this happens.

Only free characters can be used when ranked above level 5.

The idea of ​​banishing two characters in each team was idealized because the game still had few characters.

It was great also the option to be able to change with some ally the character.

I do not see need but it would be interesting, the game say at the time of the choice, for example, needs tank, your team is without support .... An idea for the future.

Note:
    I loved that you added the Brazilian Portuguese language in the game.
    It's also great to play on server SA.
    I love the Skin events.
    The characters in the game are super charismatic.
    I hope that when the game is open it will succeed, because your work is deserved.
    And also a future version for the Playstation 4, hahaha

<3 <3 Hyper <3 <3
  • YennyYenny
    Hyper Universe Rep: 420
    Is there something that we can do about all of the dodging in ranked mode that's been going on? Like an hour lock out perhaps to prevent selective team matching?
  • GlacieredGlaciered
    Please just improve the matchmaking, I trust you guys to buff the stuff out. It will be different on full release though due to level needed to play ranked, BUT Maybe add a minimal number of REGULAR matches played until you can play ranked aswell? Maybe to stop someone like CarpeDM (The AI God) From going fromplaying 800 ai matches, to a ranked match; Just to MAKE SURE that the people have some sense of what the game is actually like playing against real people.
  • GlacieredGlaciered
    SyR_SnOw wrote: »
    Ranked requirement level increased to 25. Maybe have a certain number of Hypers must be owned as well. Not sure of how many since we don't know how gold gains will be and what hyper packs will be out etc etc.

Predictable said level 20, 12 hypers unlocked. Now that might be subject to change if gold gains end up being complete poop but the 12 hypers part seems to make me a little happy, I like my idea though needed a certain amount of ranked matches played to enter into ranked, so they get into that PvP element atleast a little bit.
  • AuraniAurani
    Hyper Universe Rep: 220
    edited December 17, 2017
    Not strictly a ranked mode suggestion, but PvP in general.
    Please add some kind of post-D/C timer that prevents people from counting as leavers (Escape).
    I've seen far too many matches where people get connection issues or crash mere seconds or a minute away from winning the game, usually right after they put in everything they've got to ace the enemy team, only for them to be tagged as a leaver, get no rewards, and in the case of ranked, actually lose rank points.

I'd suggest making the timer 3m so that it matches the time limit for the afk/surrender option.

Would it also be possible to limit or remove loss of ranked score for the "losing" team for the people who didn't go AFK while still giving full penalty to the afker?
  • ChriszardChriszard
    Hyper Universe Rep: 10
    Applicant, Member
    Seria bom se em vez de apenas uma pessoa banir dois personagens, 2 pessoas banirem um cada.
  • MizukoBMizukoB
    Hyper Universe Rep: 220
    Unconfirmed, Member
    In one of my matches, someone ended up disconnecting and their character never went to AI and they were stuck at the base spawn. Not sure if it's intentional or not, but it would help if the person's character who disconnected would switch to AI so they can be of some help.
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 960
    I personally don't see the point of ranked. I don't think I would ever play it if there weren't "just play # of games for a free reward." As it is, people are leaving due to what they perceive as imbalanced teams. It's a way to manipulate the already lack luster matchmaking. As it is right now, it splits the queue 3 ways and we don't have the population for it. Kudos to those that are plugging away at it. I know it's not a mode for me. It's just regular but I'll never see Kuernai, Jen, A Dub, or Allen. (which I fine with I guess).

I thought we as a team would get to vote who is banned. As it's played, first player gets that control. I already said that being last pick is the worst (though I prefer it b/c I'm lazy). I've heard "counter picking" but I don't think that's really an issue when you ban some of the strongest hypers and quickly gobble up the remaining performers.

Hypers I NEVER see in ranked unless I play them:
    1. Aisha
    2. TnT
    3. Jack
    4. GPB
    5. Victoria
    6. Ignitia (OG plays possibly)

It's been a repeat the same type of matches forever and that is just boring to me. But that's my feedback. I won't populate the mode. I know others will use it. I'm fine with regular mode and customs. I can't take the dcing and rampant dodging.
  • XenociderOmegaXenociderOmega
    Hyper Universe Rep: 210
    Requirement to que for ranked need to be raised to at least lv 20
  • GlacieredGlaciered
    to recap my suggestions
    -certain amount of Regular matches played to get into ranked
    -level 20, 12 hypers unlocked and maybe level 5 Hyper Level on those 12 hypers? or something more extreme like level 10 hyper level
  • BandlemanBandleman
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    there are several problems in this game mode, as very weak and other very strong characters, it is very easy to make you dive under the tower in the early game and for some strange reason to play the first 10 games I was always last pick.

but I liked the picks and ban system. although I would like the two bans to be random players and not just the first pick.
  • WaifuWarriorWaifuWarrior
    Hyper Universe Rep: 140
    edited December 19, 2017
    One thing I have seen commented on here is the nature of who gets to ban. As it currently is, the player with the highest rating on the team gets to ban. In theory they are the best player on the team and will therefore make the best bans for the team. In reality that won't always work out but there is really no perfect solution so I believe that having the highest rated player banning is the best default situation.

That being said it is kind of lame how many people can go 10+ games and never experience banning while I feel like I'm banning almost every game. Banning may be a very small part of the game but it is a part. Everyone should at least have a chance at getting to control the ban phase. I had an idea that I think could be a possible solution to this. Have the game start as normal with the highest rated player banning. But have a swap button similar to the hyper swap button that allows you to switch picking positions with other players. This would also have the added benefit of allowing players with a larger pool of hypers to swap themselves into last which would give their teammates a better chance at getting something they are comfortable with. Swapping hypers can sometimes be difficult to coordinate with limited time and people who can't/won't communicate.

I really like the draft system as it is. But I think it would be even better with having the option to do something like picking order swapping.
  • Farg0Farg0
    Hyper Universe Rep: 110
    Unconfirmed, Member
    edited December 21, 2017
    IGN: Fargo
    Increase penalties for people dodging games in hyper select to get better players on their team. Give them more penalty points and ban them from playing any que for "X" amount of time. For consecutive dodges increase the ban timer. Also, the amount of RP people are gaining are inconstant and seem like it is not working as intended.
  • NachoBurritoNachoBurrito
    Hyper Universe Rep: 110
    Unconfirmed, Member
    edited December 21, 2017
    IGN: NachoBurrito

1. Improve matchmaking: Matchmaking most of the time is unbalanced. One team is full of high ranking players while the other team is full of unranked or bronze players. It is frustrating for alot of people knowing that you have to play a game with little to no chance of winning.
    2. RP gains and losts are inconsistent : I had a game where I beat 2 gold elo and 2 high silver elo players and I only got 64 RP. If I beat the 2nd Rank player on the server I think i should get more then 64 RP. Some people are getting 300RP-400 RP for a win while others of the same elo are only getting 100 RP. Example, Aingrietz is on my team and got 300+ RP for a grueling 40 minute ranked game. I only got 74 RP and I went 5/0/13.
    3. Que Dodging/Gaming Hyper Select: Some people are gaming the system by dodging que if they have new or low ranking players on their team. They should not be able to que up after dodging and play with a better team. Harsher punishments need to be implemented. You could ban them from queing up for any game mode for like 20 minutes. If they dodge multiple times in a row increase the que ban timer.
    4. Selecting Hypers: Some people don't like to talk in Hyper Select. Letting people select their intended hyper would be great. League does this and it helps alot.
  • PredictablePredictable
    Hyper Universe Rep: 415
    Hey guys these are some great points you are all bringing up. Thank you all for taking the time to post here with your thoughts and ideas. As a reminder, please do not forget to include your IGN if you want to have a chance at getting 10,000 GP for your feedback.

Thanks again!