Ranked Feedback Part. I

ArcvArcv
Hyper Universe Rep: 680
edited December 19, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
Rank is pretty fun but there are a few issues.
1. level requirement to participate in ranked should be level 25 minimum
2. There should be a requirement or initiative for players to try out new hypers because many players get target banned, we should have players master a set number of hypers and to a certain level, this prevents players from trying out new things in ranked that could potentially affect other player's games. This also creates a more balanced game and comp for each team.
3. Players should have a surrender option with a grace period or minimum penalty early game if a player disconnects, this is applied to people who could be experiencing lag issues or other forms of connection problems.
4. The draft pick should be more detailed to make the selection more efficient and friendly to new players
5. T bagging is a bannable offense, the Devs should implement a high tech system to track T bag movements
6. Players with consecutive wins deserve more RP per consecutive win

I have more but this all i can think of for now

Comments

• RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,270
    Administrator
    Some good feedback, however can you expand on these points:
    Arcv wrote: »
    Why is level 25 the sweet spot? Do you feel like players have matured enough by then? And what about a minimum Hyper limit?
    2. There should be a requirement or initiative for players to try out new hypers because many players get target banned, we should have players master a set number of hypers and to a certain level, this prevents players from trying out new things in ranked that could potentially affect other player's games. This also creates a more balanced game and comp for each team.
    This has been referred to as "one tricking" in other games. I am in agreement that people should master multiple Hypers, but we cannot really force that upon them. My experience from other games is that level =/= mastery of that character.
    3. Players should have a surrender option with a grace period or minimum penalty early game if a player disconnects, this is applied to people who could be experiencing lag issues or other forms of connection problems.
    This makes sense.
    4. The draft pick should be more detailed to make the selection more efficient and friendly to new players
    More detailed in what way? Is something unclear? If so, what is it? Do you need more audio or visual queues?
    5. T bagging is a bannable offense, the Devs should implement a high tech system to track T bag movements
    Tbagging is not a bannable offense.
    This makes sense as well.
  • GlacieredGlaciered
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    Make them have 12 hypers unlocked or atleast 6 at level 10 or something like that since there are hyper levels for no real reason.. we could make a reason :)
  • GlacieredGlaciered
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    maybe not level 10, maybe like level 6 or 8 on 12 hypers and level 20 to get into ranked?
  • ArcvArcv
    edited December 19, 2017
    Some good feedback, however can you expand on these points:
    Why is level 25 the sweet spot? Do you feel like players have matured enough by then? And what about a minimum Hyper limit?

R> Level 30 seems a bit too strict and Level 20 is a bit too early. At level 25, players should have developed 1 or if not, 2 mains or multiple comfortable hypers. They should have also developed a decent game sense or comfort to the game's style. How they level to 25 is up to them.
    This has been referred to as "one tricking" in other games. I am in agreement that people should master multiple Hypers, but we cannot really force that upon them. My experience from other games is that level =/= mastery of that character.

R> it doesn't matter which character you play, people are suppose to play new hypers, if you're participating in ranked, you better make sure you're serious and ready for other players who could and mostly likely will take your characters away. I know for a fact that some people are target banned for more than 3 of their hypers and can't play anything else, so we should start by having players meet these hyper requirements. Ranked is meant for people to climb, if they're too afraid to play anything else out of their comfort zone they should be in regulars, filling is as important.
    This makes sense.
    More detailed in what way? Is something unclear? If so, what is it? Do you need more audio or visual queues?

R> Well i first believe that players should be given more time to discuss bans or picks, maybe add an extra few seconds. Additionally there should be an improved notification that it is your turn to pick (auditory and visually), it would give players an easier time to recognize that is their turn to pick, making it more user friendly.
    Tbagging is not a bannable offense.

R> T bagging should be bannable, well deserved permanent ban, so whoever t bags you gets banned off the spot.
    This makes sense as well.

• ErebrosErebros
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    1. Honestly I feel the Lv.20 req for ranked is already a good place to start at as you gotta take in the fact people have lifes and not everyone will be there quickly. Through that 1-20 gives enough time for players to get some of the basics of this game and become comfortable with a few hypers before ranking. Ranked is a choice and not everyone will do it regardless if they hit the level requirements. Why change something that wasn't broken to begin with? This shouldn't change regardless of skill level. Some learn quickly and others are slower just how it is in games.

2. We shouldn't be shunning out 1 tricks with a requirement which is nonsense because its like this in any moba. If someone loves their hyper and wants to just 1trick it to the top then so be it but they should be aware of the hyper they choose as it could be a popular ban pick regardless of target. Target banning is something happening because this matchmaking right now is so loose as Raziel stated. We shouldn't be knowing who is on the other side but since the community is so small that technically people have each other added or talking at the same time while queued. Target bans happen because of it so once release comes out and we get a bigger playerbase it shouldn't be a problem at all.

3. I can get this

4. I can understand this.

5. Now this is a troll so I lol'd
  • RealCinnamonRealCinnamon
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    1. 25 would be nice but i wont cry if id doesn't change.

2. I don't think restricting a player's bought character pool is a good idea. if this idea was going to go on the table i would say required amount of matches played not levels. so like 5-10 games. most people will be level 15 on a character and still suck.

3. i agree

4. i can kind of feel where you are coming from. if you could provide visuals for this i would love to see them.

5. Not going to lie...thought this was a troll one. Tbagging isn't really bannable(can get under your skin but not bannable imo). how can the system know if you are "tbagging" some people just do that when they got nothing to do. like people that practice jump atking when moving through the map, standing at tower or about to jump down from platform. also also ...perma ban really? if tbagging is worth perma ban then someone cursing at all in chat is a perma ban imo.

6. i agree
  • ArcvArcv
    edited December 19, 2017
    In response to a few people have made, and Erebros.

1> You're right, we're talking about an uncertain future or population in the future, and I understand that ranked is a place that is very wobbly for many people, i think Lv 20 should suffice, but that is because we're talking about HU as being a different from the traditional moba genre.

2> Honestly i learned from many another games that its good to have variety, this should be made into a POLL to see whether players like it or not, I've seen enough people struggling with choosing, there is a limited character pool and there are trends in hyper selections. It is important for people playing ranked to know the roles that their teammates will be playing, including themselves, and know that they will not always get their way in character selection, the hyper requirement should not be something that restricts them, but a prerequisite of helping them learn how to play the roles instead of playing in casual with 1 hyper just to have it banned constantly in ranked all the time ex- (kurenai, admiral, allen) This is an big issue i've seen tons of people have, and i'm specifically talking about new players coming into ranked.

5> T BAGGING IS A FEDERAL CRIME

6> Though I have discussed this and people have called it a bad idea, and I agree, and this encourages smurfing and boosting, however I do feel like players running on consecutive wins should receive a bit more, if not RP, than GP and EXP
    *optional .... HOWEVER if consecutive wins were to give more RP we could try to prevent dodging, boosting, we just need to up the penalty for a dodge, and balance the ranked game mode so that instead of looking at leaving a game before it starts, players have a decent composition and should look more forward to a decent match. Unfortunately smurfs will always be around in every game. Can't stop them. Also if players do dodge, they should not be able to queue for 9 minutes. This can prevent players from freely selecting their ranked games.

• littlelaamblittlelaamb
    Hyper Universe Rep: 220
    Unconfirmed, Member
    Also i think rank in general pushes people to practice new hypers. Although rank isnt the best place to do it.
    Perhaps rewards for trying out hypers other than the story points that don't do anything. Specifically trying them out in regular matches, maybe a gold cube for every first 10 matches played with a hyper, not sure if thats too generous.

But i don't think trying out all the hypers should be a requirement to do rank. I dont think I've ever heard of a game doing that.
  • littlelaamblittlelaamb
    Hyper Universe Rep: 220
    Unconfirmed, Member
    I dissagree with number 6.
    If you get the same teams and keep winning, hows that not being boosted? You can already jump ranks with one win. Ex- Bronze 3 to Bronze 1 from one of Muddys games.
    Some players are already under the suspicion of being boosted by other players and i think smurfing/boosting would become easier if you were to make this change.
  • ArcvArcv
    Also i think rank in general pushes people to practice new hypers. Although rank isnt the best place to do it.
    Perhaps rewards for trying out hypers other than the story points that don't do anything. Specifically trying them out in regular matches, maybe a gold cube for every first 10 matches played with a hyper, not sure if thats too generous.

But i don't think trying out all the hypers should be a requirement to do rank. I dont think I've ever heard of a game doing that.

i never said to play ALL the hypers, there should be minimum number of hypers you should master, all of them would be overkill, you should have looked at my point more clearly.
  • RUMMAKERRUMMAKER
    Hyper Universe Rep: 250
    1) nah level 10 good enough

2) one tricking shouldnt be discouraged. If ppl want to play this way then let them.
    littlelaamb
  • ArcvArcv
    edited December 22, 2017
    RUMMAKER wrote: »
    1) nah level 10 good enough

2) one tricking shouldnt be discouraged. If ppl want to play this way then let them.

1. No level 10 is definitely not good enough, you can easily hit 10 in a day. Players are able to hit near 20 in a week, probably even on or past 20.

2. This is not about one tricking, this is for experience purposes, people need to understand more about hypers and roles before actually playing ranked. we're talking about making ranked more balanced here. Many other games like LoL for Paladins have a similar system, if not, the same requirements.
  • PredictablePredictable
    Hyper Universe Rep: 415
    Thanks for the feedback Arcv :)
  • DuWryghtDuWryght
    Hyper Universe Rep: 960
    I would like t
    1. No level 10 is definitely not good enough, you can easily hit 10 in a day. Players are able to hit near 20 in a week, probably even on or past 20.

2. This is not about one tricking, this is for experience purposes, people need to understand more about hypers and roles before actually playing ranked. we're talking about making ranked more balanced here. Many other games like LoL for Paladins have a similar system, if not, the same requirements.

@ #2

Only the more dedicated will hit that in a day. Took me close to a week.

The higher the lvl requirement to do ranked, the fewer people we will see and more the game isn't servicing new players. If we have the population, I wouldn't mind a lvl 20+ minimum. We don't have the population and it ends up being a glorified customs with random team picks and rewards. I mean, for us that have played the game for a while, this is a win. For people considering the game, the barrier of entry is quite great and can put them off. It' s something to consider anyway.

• ArcvArcv
    edited December 26, 2017
    DuWryght wrote: »
    I would like t

@ #2

Only the more dedicated will hit that in a day. Took me close to a week.

The higher the lvl requirement to do ranked, the fewer people we will see and more the game isn't servicing new players. If we have the population, I wouldn't mind a lvl 20+ minimum. We don't have the population and it ends up being a glorified customs with random team picks and rewards. I mean, for us that have played the game for a while, this is a win. For people considering the game, the barrier of entry is quite great and can put them off. It' s something to consider anyway.

And when was ranked suppose to service new players? just tune up regular matches (blind pink) or even implement a regular match version (draft pick) w/ event and rewards would do fine. I think you guys are not wrong but you guys are building up the game like its for a small playerbase.

Ranked should be the last thing you should give, to a new player.
    Though i agree the playerbase isn't that big, you still can't neglect the process.