VALTER CHANGES UNACCEPTABLE

XykuJoxaXykuJoxa
Hyper Universe Rep: 200
in General Chat
Blind removed, mana cost up, movement speed debuff reduced, health regen nearly cut in half on passive. All for what, a lowsy cooldown on the ult?

Seriously. I play this game because of Valter. My desire to play has been smashed. Shame on you Nexon. No more money for you.

Comments

• HakureiValkyrieHakureiValkyrie
    Hyper Universe Rep: 505
    Member, Forum Moderator
    We just got the same buffs/nerfs as the Korean version.
    Valter had the highest win rate in that region so the developers (CWAVESOFT, not Nexon) decided to make these changes to him.

ps. i however don't fully agree that they mostly look at the KR version in regards to re-balancing. Keep giving us feedback so maybe another change (buff) can be discussed for a later patch.
  • ShángSháng
    Hyper Universe Rep: 725
    Forum Moderator
    My Louis REEEEEEeeeeeee.
  • XykuJoxaXykuJoxa
    edited March 17, 2018
    We just got the same buffs/nerfs as the Korean version.
    Valter had the highest win rate in that region so the developers (CWAVESOFT, not Nexon) decided to make these changes to him.

ps. i however don't fully agree that they mostly look at the KR version in regards to re-balancing. Keep giving us feedback so maybe another change (buff) can be discussed for a later patch.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Valter has an exceptional winrate in high tier matches. He is designed to strengthen the team with CC and tanking. His most powerful utility is tower tanking, and that was buffed through R CD reduction. However, he is exceptionally weak to defense reduction and HP regen reduction (Sanguine). Prepatch, even if one dps has sanguine, his HP gets absolutely shredded (Remember, he is front line, so he's there to take the brunt of damage). Since he doesn't do damage while tanky, and his tanky can be bypassed through select items, that eliminates him as a tanky threat. He's prone to winning because players don't expect him to SURVIVE when focused, giving teammates an opportunity to dish the hurt. Valter having a high winrate isn't because he's overpowered, it's because skilled players take advantage of stupid people.

Now, after playing Valter after the patch, I find him not only lacking damage as usual, but his sustain feels useless (3% every 8 seconds, come on. If I have 4k hp, that's only 120 hp healed. That's literally only 15 hp per second, down from 4k hp = 200 hp healed @ 5% = 25 hp per second.) On top of that, I find that I am constantly out of mana with the mana cost increase. Spell spam is the only way to dish any sort of damage, and now I can't even do that. Might as well just remove his A completely at this point.

Losing the blind is upsetting. The spell is literally an explosion of light. How is that not blinding? Who the hell decided that an explosion of light is NOT blinding? Give blind back, or remove it from the game. Blind is literally the bees knees for Valter. Rush in, blind foes, gives my allies a moment to move in or move out. It also gives me the opportunity to maneuver. I could care less about the .5second reduction on the slow.

Reducing his ult cooldown is cool and all, but doing so literally makes him stronger because ulting under towers is what makes Valter a vicious son of a beech. Coincidentally, his ult is only useful if his allies take advantage of it, otherwise we're back to square one, except we have less sustain/higher mana cost/no blind/less slow.

I have a very strong feeling that the devs don't even play this game, let alone Valter. Have you noticed that there are plenty of spelling and grammar errors in the Hyper information section? I play Valter. Valter is the only reason I play. Now he's broken and all I can think is, "Why is it that the only champion I use gets nerfed to the point of uselessness? If I git gud at another hyper, will the same thing happen?" Do I uninstall at this point? I am not having fun anymore, and that is what upsets me most.

Edit: I'd also like to note that after doing a search on the forums for the keyword "Valter" I didn't even find a single post regarding Valter being overpowered. Moreso, the forum doesn't really have anything to do with balance issues. Therefore, apparently Nexon or CWAVESOFT don't consult the players regarding balance issues. Is this just another company that doesn't give a about the players or the game and only cares about money? Is the Korean forum bursting with balance conversation? Does this company not care about anybody except Koreans?

I chose this to be my one and only online game because after I played Valter once, I realized I enjoyed him so much that I ended up playing him religiously, nearly 250 Valter matches in the past 3 weeks since I started. I've been complimented by numerous popular streamers, and people want to play with me JUST because of my Valter. Now I'm weaker. This hurts the out of my Hyper Universe self esteem. I was struggling enough as it is, and now it's even harder. When I play Valter now, I just don't feel up to par anymore. It absolutely sucks.

I'd like to see some of the overpowered champions nerfed. Example: I just started using Tatyana. I've won 16 out of 22. There's no skill involved, just winning. I don't even have to use my brain, she does all the work for me. Valter has an extremely high skill ceiling compared to other hypers, and just because people get really good with him doesn't mean he's overpowered. It took me hours and hours of theory crafting and testing to reach a skill level with Valter equivalent to my first game using Tatyana (I went 14-2). How about Michelle? Even as a full 100% pure tank Valter prepatch, she can shred me with one magazine and outheal ALL of my damage as Valter.
  • XykuJoxaXykuJoxa
    No reply from anybody in power. I feel stupid for thinking this was the ultimate venue for my online PvP experience.
  • HakureiValkyrieHakureiValkyrie
    Hyper Universe Rep: 505
    Member, Forum Moderator
    edited March 24, 2018
    This thread was already noticed by the community team (including the community manager), but we don't have any news on buffs/nerfs reversal as this still needs to be discussed with with the developers in Korea (who are not on these forums).

ps. the general feedback that balance should not be decided by the Korean playerbase alone is also forwarded.