What is the developers point of view of the game?

HegokenHegoken
Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
in General Chat
I was curious what the perspective is from the developers on the status of Hyper Universe. The game has been out for a while now, and the waters have certainly been tested. If HakureiValkyrie would engage me in discussion as to how Nexon sees the game performing.
As one of the beta testers, I can say that I have never seen anything like Hyper Universe. Everything surrounding the title was quite exciting to say the least. So now that it's been over 6 months. What is it's status, and what kind of future does Nexon foresee with the title?

Comments

• TenlogosTenlogos
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    edited July 11, 2018
    Hegoken wrote: »
    I was curious what the perspective is from the developers on the status of Hyper Universe. The game has been out for a while now, and the waters have certainly been tested. If HakureiValkyrie would engage me in discussion as to how Nexon sees the game performing.
    As one of the beta testers, I can say that I have never seen anything like Hyper Universe. Everything surrounding the title was quite exciting to say the least. So now that it's been over 6 months. What is it's status, and what kind of future does Nexon foresee with the title?

If you expect a honest statement you're gonna have a bad time. So far the HU-team hasn't been very transparent regarding the game and seeing as the last news are kind of "old" now and no changes are in sight to the current problems with the state of the game one can assume that they are either argueing with Nexon and trying the best they can do to save the game orrrr they'll try and bleed out HU as long as possible. Either way, it's save to say that nothing has been done until now and I strongly doubt anything will happen soon either. Might as well look for a new game not involving Nexon.
  • HakureiValkyrieHakureiValkyrie
    Hyper Universe Rep: 505
    Member, Forum Moderator
    edited July 11, 2018
    Hi, sadly i can't answer these questions myself.
    I am (just) a volunteer forum moderator for Nexon and i haven't received information regarding Nexon's thoughts about the status of HU or their future plans.
    I did message one of the CMs about it, as i have seen other players asking the same the past days.
    Hopefully they share some information soon.
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    Hi, sadly i can't answer these questions myself.
    I am (just) a volunteer forum moderator for Nexon and i haven't received information regarding Nexon's thoughts about the status of HU or their future plans.
    I did message one of the CMs about it, as i have seen other players asking the same the past days.
    Hopefully they share some information soon.

Very well, you tell me, moderator. What is the status of the activity of the community and forum activities? What do you see for the future of the game based on these activities?
  • HakureiHakurei
    Hyper Universe Rep: 105
    edited July 30, 2018
    Hegoken wrote: »
    Very well, you tell me, moderator. What is the status of the activity of the community and forum activities? What do you see for the future of the game based on these activities?

As i am not a moderator anymore (i resigned due to lack of time and interest), i will be answering like this.
    Both community- and forum activity are low, the most active community is on Discord, but there are only a limited amount of people talking on there regularly and activity on there lowered considerably since the last month(s).
    It also hurts that there is no dedicated CM for HU anymore after Lumos left in june.
    Currently some Nexon CMs are helping out here&there and post some news on mainly Twitter and the news section on the official site, but those CMs work primarily on other Nexon titles and are not able to make much time for things regarding HU.

Its unclear what the plans are for HU now, the last PC patch dropped nearly all content that we didn't have compared to the KR version.
    I personally think they will look at how HU does on the Xbox One when it releases in august and decide then if its worth to continue with the PC version... (i doubt they will drop the Xbox version right after launch).

ps. Best way to try contacting these CMs is via the official Discord or Twitter. You can also address questions and feedback to the moderator Razmi/Cake here or on Discord.
    Hegoken
  • SkodeSkode
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    The last patch should have been hype - 2 hypers at once!

...There wasn't even a YouTube video on the patch never mind the hypers that I saw. Seen a lot of enthusiasm for Xbox version but it's being vacuumed into the space sized wall of silence which is a shame.
    chimeraQ
  • chimeraQchimeraQ
    Skode wrote: »
    The last patch should have been hype - 2 hypers at once!

...There wasn't even a YouTube video on the patch never mind the hypers that I saw. Seen a lot of enthusiasm for Xbox version but it's being vacuumed into the space sized wall of silence which is a shame.

EXACTLY. I keep coming back to this game in hopes that SOMETHING has changed. the community or fan bas has popped up again but freaking nothing. sure new hypers get released once every blue moon but that's not enough
  • DeviaPuellaDeviaPuella
    Hyper Universe Rep: 225
    Well...the Korean version is shutting down soon. That oughta tell you what the developers think of the game since the developers are also based in South Korea so yehh.
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780
    Well...the Korean version is shutting down soon. That oughta tell you what the developers think of the game since the developers are also based in South Korea so yehh.

Censorship was abble to kill the game in west, it was more obvious it kill it in korea. How koreans raged in forums and how Nexon dont care was fun.