Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

• MaruuMaruu
    Hyper Universe Rep: 215
    edited August 30, 2017
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    @Arbitrary

Well it would be nice if they actually offered the option yeah for 2 simple reasons.

1. People can finaly calm down.
    2. There would be a choice.

I can understand them not giving the option though, else the censorship on it's own wouldn't have a use to start with. It would get judged like there would be no option to censor. That said as it stands now there have been changes that i don't fully understand why. Mainly why hasn't celine gotten the same treatment as the rest ? Was it too much work ?

Also i looked at the gameplay and some of the chars are actually more natural with the physics. Some are a bit too puddinglike, but as you said its not that we haven't ever seen that before.

Meh all in all as i have said before the censorship boggles my mind at certain certain points. It's a weird line they are trying to draw epecially since one char was able to retain her "status".

If the game was censored by default, and players were given the option to uncensor it somehow I don't see why it would be a problem. I'm curious to know what Raz thinks of this idea since it seems to get a lot of support.

As for Celine...
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/591530/discussions/0/1473095331491132677/?ctp=13#c1473095331498960038

It's not a massive change, but the KR animation looks more realistic to me.
    ArbitraryQuros
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    edited August 30, 2017
    Maruu wrote: »
    @Arbitrary

Well it would be nice if they actually offered the option yeah for 2 simple reasons.

I can understand them not giving the option though, else the censorship on it's own wouldn't have a use to start with. It would get judged like there would be no option to censor. That said as it stands now there have been changes that i don't fully understand why. Mainly why hasn't celine gotten the same treatment as the rest ? Was it too much work ?

Also i looked at the gameplay and some of the chars are actually more natural with the physics. Some are a bit too puddinglike, but as you said its not that we haven't ever seen that before.

Meh all in all as i have said before the censorship boggles my mind at certain certain points. It's a weird line they are trying to draw epecially since one char was able to retain her "status".

If the game was censored by default, and players were given the option to uncensor it somehow I don't see why it would be a problem. I'm curious to know what Raz thinks of this idea since it seems to get a lot of support.

As for Celine...
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/591530/discussions/0/1473095331491132677/?ctp=13#c1473095331498960038

Considering Celine doesn't wear a sports bra (or any bra to begin with, LOL). Of course it's more realistic.
  • TomekPLTomekPL
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    KingArthur wrote: »

Considering Celine doesn't wear a sports bra (or any bra to begin with, LOL). Of course it's more realistic.

But it's not about the type of bra that anyone wears, but about body physics. If you have this possibility, compare the characters from the English and Korean versions. This is clearly visible in the menu tab where you can view the skin of a given character. Start to jerk left and right with the heroine and you will see that Korean breasts react according to the thrust and direction of movement. In English, apart from Celine, all the other heroines have a bust of stone.
    ArbitraryMaruuKingArthurPythieRyochan
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    edited August 31, 2017
    Maruu wrote: »
    @Arbitrary

As for Celine...

now you see, changes like that are actually ridiculous. you made a change so slight just for the angry mom twitter warriors who wont play the game anyway. it doesn't make sense. you take away realism of a animation just to cater to a crowd that wont play the game or wont play it for long. You have to understand that these kinds of people are the types that will complain about Samus aran's zero suit... you CANT cater to them, its actually foolish because you are ruining the experience of the players that actually DO play your game....

Ive already logged 25 hours into the game as of now because i do enjoy playing it and im about to log some more, but if nothing is done about censorship or if it gets worse with the succubus like i mentioned earlier i am seriously going to uninstall. i am tired of companies just pandering to a crowd that is less than .1% of the overall fandom you do have AND that .1% wont even play the game anyway. well no more, if you guys are going to cater to a crowd so insignificantly small and probably wont play the game for more than an hour, IF at all, then you are also going to lose someone who will potentially log hundreds of hours into the game.

"oh no! if we dont censor our game then we will lose all of 10 people out of the millions that play it! better start mass censoring everything" please be smart and stop while you are behind. i am giving you guys HUGE benefit of the doubt here because this game is new, you are taking feedback, and you seem to be listening which is why im sticking around for awhile. but if censorship continues then it shows you dont care about your MAIN fanbase and will continue to cater to a crowd that will never like the art style regardless of how much you censor it IF they even know you are censoring at all. its an artistic choice and breast size reduction is not going to quelm the fingers of the angry parents that dont want there kids looking at a female. and since that breast size reduction wont satisfy them you will more than likely feel pressured to make more extreme changes like you did with blue rose. it is at that point where i will be out before i waste anymore of my time.
    ShakrinaAFKzorArbitraryRyochanWatchGintamaQuros
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    @ChristmasChan

Well i'm sorta on the middle ground.

I don't understand fully why they are making these changes or better put how they are making them. It's not kids friendly now (i don't have kids, but if i did i can tell you ... no they would not be allowed to play this game). Still heavily on the oversexualized side of things. I'm not prudish, but they have enough time later on to be adults let them be kids first.

Then again i don't understand people saying they will avoid the game at all costs, because there is censorship involved. Its a standpoint you are taking i can understand that, but at the same time maybe if no censorship was involved no company would pick it up and i would never be able to play it. In that case i pick the censored version over not being able to play it at all.

There was a poll floating around if there should be a option to toggle censorship or not. I voted yes as it would be good to have the option and honestly i would use the uncensored version option if it was there most likely. Still i'm already glad i can play the game as that is the main thing i liked, a 2d moba game that looks better then awesomenauts.
    Quros
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520
    edited August 31, 2017
    @ChristmasChan

I don't understand fully why they are making these changes or better put how they are making them. It's not kids friendly now (i don't have kids, but if i did i can tell you ... no they would not be allowed to play this game). Still heavily on the oversexualized side of things. I'm not prudish, but they have enough time later on to be adults let them be kids first.

Then again i don't understand people saying they will avoid the game at all costs, because there is censorship involved. Its a standpoint you are taking i can understand that, but at the same time maybe if no censorship was involved no company would pick it up and i would never be able to play it. In that case i pick the censored version over not being able to play it at all.

There was a poll floating around if there should be a option to toggle censorship or not. I voted yes as it would be good to have the option and honestly i would use the uncensored version option if it was there most likely. Still i'm already glad i can play the game as that is the main thing i liked, a 2d moba game that looks better then awesomenauts.

i would have no problem what so ever letting my kids play this game. it REALLLLY isnt that serious. people let 8 year olds play LoL, and have you seen the massive boobs on arcade MF and the ass on DJ sona? for a LONG time they used censored NA version of eves masquerade skin, but a year or so ago t hey removed it and actually added the MUCH more sexier chinese version of that skin. they even updated her base skin to be sexier. kids will be fine. imo a toggle isnt even needed, but it would allow for some control for those types of people.
  • KingArthurKingArthur
    edited August 31, 2017
    @ChristmasChan

i would have no problem what so ever letting my kids play this game. it REALLLLY isnt that serious. people let 8 year olds play LoL, and have you seen the massive boobs on arcade MF and the ass on DJ sona? for a LONG time they used censored NA version of eves masquerade skin, but a year or so ago t hey removed it and actually added the MUCH more sexier chinese version of that skin. they even updated her base skin to be sexier. kids will be fine. imo a toggle isnt even needed, but it would allow for some control for those types of people.

Not to mention they even gave Graves cigarette back, hahaha.
    I honestly think some western game developers/localizers are way too scared of some media outlets out there, when there's actually nothing to fear about.
    Arbitrary
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    @ChristmasChan

ppl let their kids play grand theft auto... i wouldnt worry too much about this game at all with or without censorship... i find what theyve done to be completely unnecessary.
    Quros
  • WatchGintamaWatchGintama
    Hyper Universe Rep: 560
    edited August 31, 2017
    I apparently did not notice the changes because I stuck to a single character, but the comparisons posted here are infuriating. Our version of characters look very watered down and even the paid skins are affected too? And you want to sell these after willingly downgrading the quality?

One of their reasons for censoring is "Player's kids can't watch the parents play." Okay, so now the kids can watch the game. Now what about the players actually playing the game right now? They quit because of the stupid censoring. Maybe even the parents will quit because the game is losing players. Now the kids can't watch them play at all. Now you just have a censored game that screwed off existing players and turns off new players interested in the game. Is the logic here that the kids will grow up and start playing too??

The game is already violent enough to not be appropriate for a young person who aren't allowed to see sexually suggestive themes. If you are catering to a younger crowd, what is next? Censoring the violence? If you keep censoring it will be very hard to stop and you will have to continue catering to a not-even-playing-the-game player base.

Don't make the same mistake that Nintendo made. Nintendo started censoring art and then it leads to completely erasing actual content from the original game. Fire Emblem removed the petting mini game in the localized version. Eventually this will have to happen to Hyper Universe if this continues. And I enjoy this game, so I'm worried.

EDIT:
    What is even worse is that: They give us an outdated version of the game AND censor and water down the content. Yeah, if this sticks with release I'm not playing anymore.

• HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    edited August 31, 2017
    If you're all concerned about the censoring with this game check out this thread. It points out a solution to the censoring.

http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/comment/1836/#Comment_1836

Spread the word, share your voice. We need Hyper Universe to know that WE DESERVE CHOICE.
  • ElSindicalistaElSindicalista
    Hyper Universe Rep: 125
    why people agree this kind of policy? we are in 21 century, not middle age...
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    edited September 1, 2017

Begin wall of text

I would let my kids play lol aswell. From the 138 chars a few are sexy i see no problem there. Even then as example lux her standard skin and spellthief skin are almost covered from head to toe, but it's classy sexy opposed to sleazy sexy. The elemental lux also only shows a fraction of breast that the censored celine shows. They do give some champions sex appeal, but in a refined way at times. It's not just showing more skin. It's not the games nature or selling point to be about sexiness in the first place.

Then comes the fact when MF fires her abilities there is nothing moving left and right like it's trying to break free on the in-game model. There are quite a few nuances that make league more doable for younger audiences then this game in my oppinion. Then again each should set their own bar in the end as how to raise their kids and what you allow them to do at what age. I could give you all kinds of examples what some parents allow their kids to do at some ages and i'm sure atleast one or more of them will be displeasing to you or even sick. It's not because a few parents allow their kids to do certain things that all parents should (and will).

In the case of the censorship to pull out a quote from back in the days "don't hate the player hate the game". In this case hate how your very own culture pressures games like these to take a step back. If you really want to change something you need to change it at the core and to be honest thats not just writing here on the forums of one specific game or refusing to play it.

On top of that i wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibilities that even now some people are playing that wouldn't be playing if they would revert the changes. It might be a small number (i think), but then again i feel the as the ammount of people that are not playing now because of the censorship is actually not as big a group as people make it out to be.

There are quite a few on the steam forums, but how many of them are really not playing the game like they say ? How many will continue to do so if they do not revert the changes and it goes free to play ? How many of them are just there for the riot without any intrest in the game ? Nobody has these numbers, but i personally think once it goes free to play it will be a healthy playerbase even if they do not revert the changes. The game is pretty fun and this coming from somebody who played quite a few games and still does. They need to tweak some stuff here and there, but it seems they are willing to listen to the community in the case of gameplay changes.

End wall of text

TL:DR: Raise your kids like you want to raise them. The game will most likely thrive once it goes free to play, with or without reverting the changes.

edited September 1, 2017
    5c5cfd87c636af960efda1f71967a62562583aa5b38731fbba29a1d84f94710e.png

This was shared by another user.
  • RawrzoryRawrzory

I would like to see the source of this comment. If thats true then GG you guys got the original version xD.
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    edited September 1, 2017
    I'll still continue to play. But it looks like I get to save my money for something else, lol.
  • SirObesitySirObesity

I would like to see the source of this comment. If thats true then GG you guys got the original version xD.

I don't think Raz meant that we'll be getting the original version.
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Ah, nevermind... I see what you did there.
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    edited September 1, 2017
    SirObesity wrote: »
    Ah, nevermind... I see what you did there.

Sry i couldn't resist :P
    edited September 1, 2017
    I'm sure the Korean players will be pleased to know that the skins they purchased with real money are being censored. Who is in charge of these ideas? What a brilliant move to make this even worse.
    Darkside_Hero
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    That screams chargeback
This discussion has been closed.