Closed

Censoreship of the game

Comments

  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 70
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123132396 not sure if i'm allowed to post this here, but i think there is somebody that found a solution.

    Edit: well partly atleast.
    ArbitraryBearil
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 30
    Member
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123132396 not sure if i'm allowed to post this here, but i think there is somebody that found a solution.

    Edit: well partly atleast.

    Thanks for this @Rawrzory This is a solution to the problem. As long as it is open to those who want it, this gives the people the option for existing art and jiggle physics. Very much appreciated. Hopefully the popularity and spreading of this mod will give the game devs an idea how many people want this.
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Much appreciated.

    But to be honest, we shouldn't be the ones bending over backwards for mods. This kinda encourages developers to continue to censor things in the future, which I don't find okay. Knowing how easily offended people get these days, in the future, I can see the most ridiculous things getting censored. SHE'S SHOWING HER BELLY?! WE NEED TO GET RID OF THAT! SJW get more crazy by the day, and I can see that being a possibility.

    Although this mod gives us what we want. It kinda diverts our attention from the censorship, which was the focus in the first place.

    But like I said earlier, I like the game. I just won't put any money into it. And apparently, our dollars speak louder than our words, so I would probably encourage the rest of you who agree not to put any money in either.
  • RazielWarmonicRazielWarmonic
    Hyper Universe Rep: 2,300
    Posts: 166
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    Just to reiterate:

    Yes, we have adjusted some of the female and male Hyper models and poses... though the debate seems to only be about the female characters' looks. Actually the debate seems to be almost exclusively about breast size. On a scale of 1 to 10, we changed some female breast sizes from a 15 to about a 10. For some, this was going too far.

    It’s our stance that there is a difference between sexy and lewd and that difference matters in the Western market. Let’s be fair, if we had wanted to completely sanitize the game, we’d have Tatyana in a turtleneck poncho and rocking workboots. We did not do that.

    One argument is that we are “messing with the artist’s vision” of the game. Everything we do is done in partnership with the dev team in Korea, so all the changes you see are implemented by the original artists and agreed upon by the Korean development team.

    We want our Hypers to be appealing and powerful and even sexy. We also want them to be characters everyone can enjoy and can freely share with others. We believe these minor changes, which have absolutely no impact on gameplay, are positive for the overall appeal of the game without completely changing the core of what makes the characters unique.

    We stand by the small changes that we have made.

    Edit: Wordage
    shadowjesusRawrzory
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    Posts: 19
    Member
    Valwyn wrote: »
    Dongs wrote: »
    There's been some censorship to some of the artwork to make them less lewd. Here's some comparison gifs for your convenience.

    http://imgur.com/faMZj94
    http://imgur.com/a/Ag69i

    The actual models appear to be the same as far as I've seen. There's been other changes but the only notable one was Blue Rose, which was mentioned on the patch notes.

    Ruined, they will keep going with the models too and they won´t say anything about it until launch like ncsoft did with mxm the last week i don´t have confident in any asian company

    If you're playing a game because of fanservice you shouldn't be playing that game.
    Arbitrary
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 30
    Member
    it was partially false advertising to begin with, 15/10 was what was advertised. and is still advertised on the site until the sign is changed. Many of us do not find this lewd, but thats up to the SJW's to decide. You reduced jiggle physics too don't forget, not just size. All in all, you don't care what we think, but what the SJW's do. We thought we were your target market, but evidently not. Just bait and switch. We have our mod, so at least we can have it, and spread it to those that still want it. A shame newer content will not be directed to its target market, but be watered down for a very small minority.
    ShakrinaAFKzor
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    it was partially false advertising to begin with, 15/10 was what was advertised. and is still advertised on the site until the sign is changed. Many of us do not find this lewd, but thats up to the SJW's to decide. You reduced jiggle physics too don't forget, not just size. All in all, you don't care what we think, but what the SJW's do. We thought we were your target market, but evidently not. Just bait and switch. We have our mod, so at least we can have it, and spread it to those that still want it. A shame newer content will not be directed to its target market, but be watered down for a very small minority.

    Take a step back. Just for a second. You're literally criticizing people because you feel BETRAYED over a lack of two-dimensional tiddys. You're literally upset over 2D character proportions.

    Why do so many people not care about the game itself and only how ecchi it is or isn't? You can play actual H-games if that's what you're looking for my guy.

    A 7 page discussion not over game balance or hacking or server issues or p2w mechancis or something. 7 pages over "W-WELL WE WERE PROMISED TIDDYS AND NOW YOU'RE JUST PANDERING TO THE FEMINAZIS! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA MAKE VIDYA GREAT AGAIN GUESS WE WERE WRONG!!". This game is gonna be DOA if people don't start acting like this is a video game and trying to build it into a fun and mechanically sound game for people to play.
    jobeth
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    it was partially false advertising to begin with, 15/10 was what was advertised. and is still advertised on the site until the sign is changed. Many of us do not find this lewd, but thats up to the SJW's to decide. You reduced jiggle physics too don't forget, not just size. All in all, you don't care what we think, but what the SJW's do. We thought we were your target market, but evidently not. Just bait and switch. We have our mod, so at least we can have it, and spread it to those that still want it. A shame newer content will not be directed to its target market, but be watered down for a very small minority.

    Take a step back. Just for a second. You're literally criticizing people because you feel BETRAYED over a lack of two-dimensional tiddys. You're literally upset over 2D character proportions.

    Why do so many people not care about the game itself and only how ecchi it is or isn't? You can play actual H-games if that's what you're looking for my guy.

    take a step in the shoes of someone who enjoys the game, and maybe you'll understand that we want the game the way it was advertised. Read some of the comments and maybe you'll understand more, that we feel a bit cheated being sold a game different than was advertised to us. You'd think people would understand that half the game of tomb raider is because a babe like lara croft is in it, but evidently its very difficult to comprehend.
  • gonzolanzogonzolanzo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Just to reiterate:

    Yes, we have adjusted some of the female Hyper models and poses... though the debate seems to only be about the female characters' looks. Actually the debate seems to be almost exclusively about breast size. On a scale of 1 to 10, we changed some female breast sizes from a 15 to about a 10. For some, this was going too far.

    It’s our stance that there is a difference between sexy and lewd and that difference matters in the Western market. Let’s be fair, if we had wanted to completely sanitize the game, we’d have Tatyana in a turtleneck poncho and rocking workboots. We did not do that.

    One argument is that we are “messing with the artist’s vision” of the game. Everything we do is done in partnership with the dev team in Korea, so all the changes you see are implemented by the original artists and agreed upon by the Korean production team.

    We want our Hypers to be appealing and powerful and even sexy. We also want them to be characters everyone can enjoy and can freely share with others. We believe these minor changes, which have absolutely no impact on gameplay, are positive for the overall appeal of the game without completely changing the core of what makes the characters unique.

    We stand by the small changes that we have made.

    I appreciate that you're not completely shy about discussing this stuff and I can respect the reasons for the changes, misguided as I think they are. Personally, the issue was never about breasts and the ways in which they may or may not jiggle, the issue is changes were made based on feedback from a small group of people leaving the rest of us to deal with it. I don't appreciate that a small group has priority over the playerbase at large. I'd hoped adding the option to play with or without unaltered assets would be a realistic compromise but considering how worried you seem to be about how the game art is perceived by just about anyone, I'm not gonna hold my breath on that. Hyper universe is the first moba I've enjoyed, and I feel like you've been doing a great job with streaming it, so it kind of hurts that I can't feel good about supporting the game. The changes being the new look of the KR version going forward too doesn't change that.
    ArbitraryWatchGintama
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 30
    Member
    Valwyn wrote: »
    Dongs wrote: »
    There's been some censorship to some of the artwork to make them less lewd. Here's some comparison gifs for your convenience.

    http://imgur.com/faMZj94
    http://imgur.com/a/Ag69i

    The actual models appear to be the same as far as I've seen. There's been other changes but the only notable one was Blue Rose, which was mentioned on the patch notes.

    Ruined, they will keep going with the models too and they won´t say anything about it until launch like ncsoft did with mxm the last week i don´t have confident in any asian company

    If you're playing a game because of fanservice you shouldn't be playing that game.

    I can agree with that. First you enjoy the game, and if you enjoy the game, then you can worry about fanservice. I like the game, which is why im now worried about the fanservice being retracted.
  • WatchGintamaWatchGintama
    Hyper Universe Rep: 560
    Posts: 32
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    I will repost what I asked on steam. This the final answer that I need to know to decide if Im going to bother with this game anymore.

    That does not answer the important question. We already know why you did it and it doesn't make this any better. What I want to know is: Are you going to have an option to toggle the original art? Or is this a game that will have to rely on mods? There was already discouragement from the dev team from modifying the game files and Nexon generally doesn't allow modding for their games. Please tell the KR developers that we want an option to toggle the uncensored art and let me hear what they have to say.
    Arbitrary
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    Posts: 19
    Member
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    it was partially false advertising to begin with, 15/10 was what was advertised. and is still advertised on the site until the sign is changed. Many of us do not find this lewd, but thats up to the SJW's to decide. You reduced jiggle physics too don't forget, not just size. All in all, you don't care what we think, but what the SJW's do. We thought we were your target market, but evidently not. Just bait and switch. We have our mod, so at least we can have it, and spread it to those that still want it. A shame newer content will not be directed to its target market, but be watered down for a very small minority.

    Take a step back. Just for a second. You're literally criticizing people because you feel BETRAYED over a lack of two-dimensional tiddys. You're literally upset over 2D character proportions.

    Why do so many people not care about the game itself and only how ecchi it is or isn't? You can play actual H-games if that's what you're looking for my guy.

    take a step in the shoes of someone who enjoys the game, and maybe you'll understand that we want the game the way it was advertised. Read some of the comments and maybe you'll understand more, that we feel a bit cheated being sold a game different than was advertised to us. You'd think people would understand that half the game of tomb raider is because a babe like lara croft is in it, but evidently its very difficult to comprehend.

    "half the game of tomb raider is because a babe like lara croft is in it" isn't a complete statement so I don't know what you're getting at there. If you want to play games because of "babes" you can literally play actual porn games dude. They exist.

    And I don't have to step in the shoes of someone who enjoys it. I am on a board dedicated to the game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it. I had to pay to play it just like everyone else right now. But you guys are freaking out over a non-issue. They didn't change anything that matters. They slightly altered some 2D promotional art. That's it. The game is the same. Everything that MATTERS is the same. Do you think people would have boycotted Skyrim with the complain "Well the commercials showed a BLACK horse but mines BROWN!"? Would you be any less thrilled driver your new BMW if you showed up to pick it up and the wheels were slightly different than the ones you saw in the stock photo?

    It's a non-issue man. You weren't cheated. People wanting to stare at boobs for 3 seconds in a menu before they go into a match aren't any sort of "target demographic". That's just an A1 example of mega nerds having absolutely no ability to interact with the world at large.

  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 30
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    it was partially false advertising to begin with, 15/10 was what was advertised. and is still advertised on the site until the sign is changed. Many of us do not find this lewd, but thats up to the SJW's to decide. You reduced jiggle physics too don't forget, not just size. All in all, you don't care what we think, but what the SJW's do. We thought we were your target market, but evidently not. Just bait and switch. We have our mod, so at least we can have it, and spread it to those that still want it. A shame newer content will not be directed to its target market, but be watered down for a very small minority.

    Take a step back. Just for a second. You're literally criticizing people because you feel BETRAYED over a lack of two-dimensional tiddys. You're literally upset over 2D character proportions.

    Why do so many people not care about the game itself and only how ecchi it is or isn't? You can play actual H-games if that's what you're looking for my guy.

    take a step in the shoes of someone who enjoys the game, and maybe you'll understand that we want the game the way it was advertised. Read some of the comments and maybe you'll understand more, that we feel a bit cheated being sold a game different than was advertised to us. You'd think people would understand that half the game of tomb raider is because a babe like lara croft is in it, but evidently its very difficult to comprehend.

    "half the game of tomb raider is because a babe like lara croft is in it" isn't a complete statement so I don't know what you're getting at there. If you want to play games because of "babes" you can literally play actual porn games dude. They exist.

    And I don't have to step in the shoes of someone who enjoys it. I am on a board dedicated to the game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it. I had to pay to play it just like everyone else right now. But you guys are freaking out over a non-issue. They didn't change anything that matters. They slightly altered some 2D promotional art. That's it. The game is the same. Everything that MATTERS is the same. Do you think people would have boycotted Skyrim with the complain "Well the commercials showed a BLACK horse but mines BROWN!"? Would you be any less thrilled driver your new BMW if you showed up to pick it up and the wheels were slightly different than the ones you saw in the stock photo?

    It's a non-issue man. You weren't cheated. People wanting to stare at boobs for 3 seconds in a menu before they go into a match aren't any sort of "target demographic". That's just an A1 example of mega nerds having absolutely no ability to interact with the world at large.

    I dont normally play games for fanservice, i enjoy fanservice, but game first, fanservice is secondary. Im pissed they removed some of the fanservice that caught my eye for the game initially, im not looking for porn games. You dont know tome raider... or you dont understand the logic.... cause the logic is pretty simple there, hard to miss.
    your analogy is flawed as f***, just letting you know. buy a car thats the wrong color and scratched, is more like a correct analogy. the fanservice being altered is not a good thing.
    We're the one paying money for fanservice skins. ppl buy skins like miss fortunes arcade skin for fanservice, i can assure you. So ya... if we weren't the target demographic, they wouldn't have adds with that in em... even the succubus was in the trailer... and you're an insulting little f*** aintcha lol
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 70
    Member

    "half the game of tomb raider is because a babe like lara croft is in it" isn't a complete statement so I don't know what you're getting at there. If you want to play games because of "babes" you can literally play actual porn games dude. They exist.

    And I don't have to step in the shoes of someone who enjoys it. I am on a board dedicated to the game. I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it. I had to pay to play it just like everyone else right now. But you guys are freaking out over a non-issue. They didn't change anything that matters. They slightly altered some 2D promotional art. That's it. The game is the same. Everything that MATTERS is the same. Do you think people would have boycotted Skyrim with the complain "Well the commercials showed a BLACK horse but mines BROWN!"? Would you be any less thrilled driver your new BMW if you showed up to pick it up and the wheels were slightly different than the ones you saw in the stock photo?

    It's a non-issue man. You weren't cheated. People wanting to stare at boobs for 3 seconds in a menu before they go into a match aren't any sort of "target demographic". That's just an A1 example of mega nerds having absolutely no ability to interact with the world at large.

    As much as i agree with you that it's a non issue, i don't agree with the way you try to bring it. If somebody cares about something they do, it's that simple. The reasons why might not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean atleast some form of respect can be shown when talking about it.

    I have no doubt there are things in your life you care about that i don't care about.

    Simply put you must have loved ones that you care about, but that doesn't give me the right to insult them or paint them off as a non-issue just because i don't care about them. It would be wise to have some sort of respect towards the oppinion of others if you want to be taken seriously. In this case YOU have problems intracting with the world as these people are also part of it. The way you are acting now will only derail it into a flame thread.
    WatchGintama
  • xToastxToast
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited September 1, 2017
    hello? make the male hypers have and show abs or something idk... but im guessing that the english HU is just copying the KR HU's art right? (dont know about the nerfs/buffs) hey we're talking about censoring boobies and i wonder if nexon made the male hypers uncesored... ITS EARLY ACCESS SKINS (other than the cube exclusive) AREN'T EVEN RELEASED YET and now people are complaining why they censored female hypers in this version but yea idk if this shows as a proof but (Blue Rose: http://hu.nexon.com/Info/HyperInfo_Detail/27) (Tatyana:http://hu.nexon.com/Info/HyperInfo_Detail/13) so please just give it some time and consider.. im no sjw or something its just absurd to see people uninstalling just for the censorship

    Edit: my grammar is super bad please dont go on correcting me.. and its my first time posting this..
  • gonzolanzogonzolanzo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 120
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Arbitrary wrote: »

    I can agree with that. First you enjoy the game, and if you enjoy the game, then you can worry about fanservice. I like the game, which is why im now worried about the fanservice being retracted.

    This is part of what makes hyper universe special to me. Korean games have a reputation of grabbing your attention with sexy ladies but the games themselves have no substance. Hyper universe has both sexy ladies and substance. Instead of trying to downplay that it should be embraced. Don't worry about the people who will turn their nose up at your game because the elf is showing two inches too much cleavage, worry about the people who will see that elf and wonder if this korean game is different from the rest. A quick search of some gameplay videos or hopping in the official stream will show them that yes, it is.
  • KenomaKenoma
    Hyper Universe Rep: 145
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited September 2, 2017
    Only reason I gave this game a shot was the unique camera perspective. Honestly while the art is a huge draw I wouldn't have touched it considering how saturated the MOBA market is. HU has big competition in this genre and I don't think these changes will help gain the following needed to sustain the game. Hoping the dev team realizes these aren't positive changes before launch. Sadly, you Raziel seem to, or higher management, have their mind set on a way of appealing to the mass NA gaming populace in a way I don't see as feasible.

    Raziel your argument is the devs want to make the game inclusive and have it appeal to Western markets? How is causing all this negativity within a small community doing any of that? I am quite assured in mind that had these changes not gone through we would not be seeing this much backlash on the topic. No matter how you slice it people will present this as censorship to interested parties and they will most likely interpret that negatively. I just hope it really is the NA team pushing for this and we aren't getting a smokescreen with orders actually coming from KR. In that case all hope is lost and we are stuck like a prisoner inside the Chateau d'if.
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    Posts: 81
    Member
    edited September 2, 2017
    5c5cfd87c636af960efda1f71967a62562583aa5b38731fbba29a1d84f94710e.png

    This was shared by another user.

    I suspect that comment to be entirely fake. Look carefully, the thumbnail image is incorrect, she has her eyes closed. The name is also incorrect, there's a space in between RazielWarmonic's name (there's no name in the real version).

    Also RazielWarmonic, is much more refined than to post a message so blankly like that, and would write more of an explanation to the statement.

    The Korean's wouldn't change their game due to Western changes, that's unheard of and against how they view things. Did you see Nintendo change their Fire Emblem: Fates when the West censored it?

    This is clearly a prank of someone who trying to troll the community who's fighting for choice and not having they game they want censored. I'd ignore it and neglect whatever source that came from. And most of all, KEEP CRYING OUT FOR CHOICE!

    Of course if I'm wrong, provide evidence and links to the original source for me to analyze.
  • KenomaKenoma
    Hyper Universe Rep: 145
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited September 2, 2017
    Hegoken wrote: »
    5c5cfd87c636af960efda1f71967a62562583aa5b38731fbba29a1d84f94710e.png

    This was shared by another user.

    I suspect that comment to be entirely fake. Look carefully, the thumbnail image is incorrect, she has her eyes closed. The name is also incorrect, there's a space in between RazielWarmonic's name (there's no name in the real version).

    Of course if I'm wrong, provide evidence and links to the original source for me to analyze.

    https://gyazo.com/c1b0e0cd99702977f3322ceebeac8eb6?token=15afec28edfc47b2b161c81fc96fe429
    Offical HU discord not the founder's one. What I'm mainly confused about is if bust changes are coming to KR since we were told those were NA specific. If so gonna have to drop this game.
    KingArthur
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    Posts: 81
    Member
    Just to reiterate:

    Yes, we have adjusted some of the female and male Hyper models and poses... though the debate seems to only be about the female characters' looks. Actually the debate seems to be almost exclusively about breast size. On a scale of 1 to 10, we changed some female breast sizes from a 15 to about a 10. For some, this was going too far.

    It’s our stance that there is a difference between sexy and lewd and that difference matters in the Western market. Let’s be fair, if we had wanted to completely sanitize the game, we’d have Tatyana in a turtleneck poncho and rocking workboots. We did not do that.

    One argument is that we are “messing with the artist’s vision” of the game. Everything we do is done in partnership with the dev team in Korea, so all the changes you see are implemented by the original artists and agreed upon by the Korean development team.

    We want our Hypers to be appealing and powerful and even sexy. We also want them to be characters everyone can enjoy and can freely share with others. We believe these minor changes, which have absolutely no impact on gameplay, are positive for the overall appeal of the game without completely changing the core of what makes the characters unique.

    We stand by the small changes that we have made.

    Edit: Wordage

    Allow to to confirm that I understand what your team is saying, and where your team is coming from.

    I must now ask why do you believe we have no right to choosing what we are exposed to by having a toggle system to turn the censoring on or off?
    This has been done by other Korean games that had this 'lewd' content that you are describing.

    How is your team can see fans, the lifeblood and games foundation, not content with the changes of the game you're making and think its okay to ignore them without a second thought?

    We're not asking you not to censor things, we're not saying everyone should have crazy bouncing boobies three times the size of their head. We're asking you give us, the players, the choice to decide. Make a Censorship toggle, or an unaltered version of the game. Korean companies have proven it can be done. Check out the following link below, but don't just scan through the video, look at the comments of the viewers in the comment section.



    People want choice, they don't want to be dictated what they can and cannot be exposed to. I understand your team thinks what they're doing is right, but you don't want to already cause a rupture in your fanbase this early in the game. It's particularly difficult if the game originally came out with the original artstyle, which attracted the players to the game and then change it and even take it away.

    If Hyper Universe gives uses the censorship toggle system, I believe your team will come out as heroes, a company that believe people are responsible enough to know what they can expose to themselves. I strongly believe giving your community the choice would be Hyper Universe's best interest.
    ArbitraryDualToothBrushesYe4Darkside_Herokaiser1one
This discussion has been closed.