Censorship Option, and the POWER OF CHOICE

Comments

  • MaruuMaruu
    Hyper Universe Rep: 215
    Posts: 6
    Member
    Hegoken wrote: »
    5c5cfd87c636af960efda1f71967a62562583aa5b38731fbba29a1d84f94710e.png

    Posted by another user.

    I mentioned it on another forum, but I'll say it here too...

    I suspect that comment to be entirely fake. Look carefully, the thumbnail image is incorrect, she has her eyes closed. The name is also incorrect, there's a space in between RazielWarmonic's name (there's no name in the real version).

    Also RazielWarmonic, is much more refined than to post a message so blankly like that, and would write more of an explanation to the statement.

    The Korean's wouldn't change their game due to Western changes, that's unheard of and against how they view things. Did you see Nintendo change their Fire Emblem: Fates when the West censored it?

    This is clearly a prank of someone who trying to troll the community who's fighting for choice and not having they game they want censored. I'd ignore it and neglect whatever source that came from. And most of all, KEEP CRYING OUT FOR CHOICE!

    Of course if I'm wrong, provide evidence and links to the original source for me to analyze.

    But going back to the topic. Do you guys know of other games where the company provided OPTIONAL CENSORSHIP?
    I feel these examples may help Hyper Universe's staff realize that the Toggle Censorship option is more of a practical choice than they realize.
    The closest thing I can think of is Dead or Alive titles. They had this 'Age' Category which would effect the breast physics. So if you wanted them not bouncing you can have them that way. If you wanted them bouncing like crazy, you could crank up the Age to 99.

    This is an older game series, and options like this existed then, why not now?

    From the non founder discord. Go ahead and check yourself: https://discord.gg/VAPr22M
    https://imgur.com/a/zg9DF
    KingArthurQurosDarkside_Hero
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    Posts: 81
    Member
    Maruu wrote: »

    From the non founder discord. Go ahead and check yourself: https://discord.gg/VAPr22M
    https://imgur.com/a/zg9DF

    Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Maruu, much appreciated.

    I must confess that I find it hard to believe that Korea will change their game's art to suit the West on their own servers. If anything if people skip out on the NA release and go straight to the Korean servers, that'd only bolster their business. I can't imagine they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that.

    If there is a player that can read Korean out there, I ask if you can investigate and confirm if what RazielWarmonic says is true. I'll poke around on the web as well, but I doubt any such talk will be found because it MAY simply not be true.

  • HakureiValkyrieHakureiValkyrie
    Hyper Universe Rep: 505
    Posts: 75
    Member, Forum Moderator
    I still think people are flipping their too much about it.. sometimes even till the point that they rather drop the game than playing it.. cause the game is totally unplayable without the uncensored stuff right?

    BUT i wouldn't say no to the option to switch between the censored/uncensored version.
    And tbh the more people are happy and play the game.. the better.
  • GabeSkywalkerGabeSkywalker
    Hyper Universe Rep: 765
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited September 2, 2017
    I have completely lost interest in this game after reading the "censorship of the game" thread, more specifically after reading RazielWarmonic's answers on that thread, and let me tell everyone, i was on a very very VERY HUUUGE HYPE TRAIN about this game (i even wrote a guide on Athena, Hyper i fell in love with instantly), here i am some months after i decided to jump off the hype train.

    As an Alpha player, i was given a steam early access key, i haven't even installed it, so i'm not aware of the changes made to the hypers but so far i only saw what they did to Tatyana's art... i hate the new art, (as i hate Blue Rose's), as things are going my fears will soon come true, Camilla the succubus will either be over-censored or wont even be released for being "too sexy".

    Yes, the original art concept by great artist Kim Bum got me interested into the game, made me investigate, i've been playing vindictus for a couple years, so i noticed when they first announced Hyper Universe, well i've told this story n-times now, the thing is, that interest that i got by the art concept, i lost it completely.
    Hegoken wrote: »
    It is no surprise to anyone that the censorship of Hyper Universe is causing a huge heated discussion in the forums from both the Hyper Universe Site as well as the Steam forums of the game.

    Censorship is no stranger in video games; especially with games that come from Japan, Korea and other eastern countries. And every time it causes a rough relationship between the gamers and the western company doing the censoring. Hyper Universe is no exception.

    It's always important for the company to know who their target audience is, and where their money is going to come from (their fans/supporters). Right now Hyper Universe is new, and is being introduced to the Western audience, who are constantly being told by the media what they can and cannot be exposed to. Over the years, this has become more and more frustrating to both older and younger people. It has now gotten to the point where people are turning away from sources that preaches or dictates what they think is better for them. Leaving the gamers and viewers no choice in the matter.

    That I think is what is most frustrating about the whole situation; to be robbed of choice for the sake of small groups that believe what we should and should not be exposed to. We each have our own preferences, likes and dislikes, and we shouldn't be ashamed of it. But when a company or group of people take away our choice and dictate what they believe we should be exposed to, THIS IS WRONG.

    I truly believe Hyper Universe's staff think what they're doing is right, and they think they're protecting people from what they perceive to be harmful to others. They claim that they are catering to both parties, both people who are sensitive to sexual stuff, and those who very much enjoy some eye candy of sex appeal. The fact of the matter is that they are not catering to both parties. They are catering to people who don't enjoy sexy things by reducing the breast size of characters, reducing the physics animation of the characters in game, and I don't doubt there's more. Now that they have started on this path, it won't end, it'll get worse and worse. It always starts small and grows into something worse.

    Most people I have met who play this game first got interested in this game from the art. The awesome looking characters and beautiful bodacious ladies was a stroke of GENIUS to get people to notice the game. It worked, and it worked very well. Just look at he header graphic of this website and admire it! (do it before they change it!) Now that they are getting some traction and more people are noticing this fun and beautiful game, they are suddenly reducing the 'sexiness' of the game, without even consulting the community that has just helped putting them on the map!

    What I propose to the administrators of Hyper Universe is to give each playing who believes in this game and is willing to support it is THE POWER OF CHOICE. I propose they create a toggle for the censorship. By default the games censorship can be turned on, but to toggle it off would REVERT THE GAME BACK TO THE KOREAN ORIGINAL VISION OF THE GAME'S AESTHETICS. The Hyper splash arts, and physics will be the same as the Korean version of the game (its original artistic vision).

    This will absolutely cater to both parties in the best way possible. Everyone gets exactly what they want and how they want it. The few who are bothered by sexiness can have theirs censored, while the rest of us can enjoy the original artistic style that lured us into playing this game. Each player will have that choice, and that alone is all any person could ever ask for.

    If you agree with my proposal, please support they post, click, thumbs up, and share your thoughts. WE DESIRE CHOICE! WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE! MAKE YOURSELVES HEARD!

    I completely agree, like that meme with the girl would say "Why not both", just give us players who got interested into this game by original art concept, the choice of a 18+ if you want to call it like that option, and more sensitive players a ~12 option, that way nor their sensibility will be damaged (if there are people like that who 1) get into this game, 2) actually play it) nor our choice of "taste" will be damaged, everyone wins, again i've discussed this argument n-times i don't want to write it all over, people can search my posts and see what my stance has always been regarding this topic.



    Arbitrary wrote: »
    hear, hear! Power to the people!

    This is something that we as players haven't realised yet, but it's a very strong power, if they just try to please this kind of people who i bet will never get into the game (and not the core players, who either love the original art, or don't care about characters being "too sexy", just stay for the game itself) we can just decide to NOT SUPPORT THIS GAME and eventually they'll try any kind of effort to either get people in or get people back.
    5c5cfd87c636af960efda1f71967a62562583aa5b38731fbba29a1d84f94710e.png

    Posted by another user.

    Sad things about this picture are:

    1) it's true, you can check in the official HU KR website: http://hu.nexon.com/Info/HyperInfo
    2) as @Askichi said, Nexon Korea and Nexon America are two different companies, which means they have the power to make different decisions, and say "ok, KR you making this change, we giving our players the OPPORTUNITY to chose), but i doubt they'll do anything about it.
    3)Plainly shows how closed-minded the Nexon America representatives are...

    I just lurked the forums a bit to see how things are going, i see no big changes, activity on here are kinda low, again i'll just leave this here and walk away, i'm not interested in this game anymore, i had a lot of fun playing Alpha and Beta, even playing the KR version for a while (with lag....), but as most MOBA's they aren't games that really keep me for months, it's the same drill over and over again with different teams, so losing the part that got me into it takes away any motivation i would have to play this game, so wouldn't even consider supporting it by buying skins.
    ArbitraryHegokenDarkside_HeroSzalorKingArthur
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    Posts: 81
    Member

    I just lurked the forums a bit to see how things are going, i see no big changes, activity on here are kinda low, again i'll just leave this here and walk away, i'm not interested in this game anymore, i had a lot of fun playing Alpha and Beta, even playing the KR version for a while (with lag....), but as most MOBA's they aren't games that really keep me for months, it's the same drill over and over again with different teams, so losing the part that got me into it takes away any motivation i would have to play this game, so wouldn't even consider supporting it by buying skins.

    I completely understand where you're coming from, and I understand why you're ready to walk away, but before you give up on the fight, please check out the following thread:
    http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3642/say-no-to-forced-censorship-speak-with-actions
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Censored Gaming released a Youtube video about this game.

    Looks like a lot of people were disappointed.

    Here is the link:

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=CiACU7zvut0
    Darkside_HeroHegokenArbitraryStreizar
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 28
    Member
    They already made their statement, they believe in what they are doing and stand by it, so unless they are ready to do a full U turn everything will just get progressively worse, the smug answer from the CM doesn't help a little bit on easing tensions that were already running high.

    Supposedly they will make an announcement regarding the topic in the coming days, I will wait for that and make my decision at that point, but I'm not expecting anything other than "deal with it, if you don't like it leave", it's not like I don't have a plethora of online games that haven't been passed by the butcher's block to spend my money on.
    ArbitrarySzalor
  • SzalorSzalor
    Hyper Universe Rep: 100
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited September 3, 2017
    I still think people are flipping their too much about it.. sometimes even till the point that they rather drop the game than playing it.. cause the game is totally unplayable without the uncensored stuff right?
    Yeah, it's why I'll be skipping the game entirely and sounds like it caused a lot of others as well they caved into people that won't even play the game over people who do f*** em.
  • zackdollarszackdollars
    Hyper Universe Rep: 285
    Posts: 17
    Member
    The biggest mistake for any business is to please those that will never buy the product. It would be fair for Nexon to reveal the people who want the censorship. Is it the ESRB? Is it a certain media outlet? Who is telling them to make these changes?

    I own Hyper Universe (Early Access), and I don't want any changes to the Korean version. Please don't listen to people who will never buy your game.
    ZerydArbitrary
  • ZerydZeryd
    Hyper Universe Rep: 250
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited September 3, 2017
    The biggest mistake for any business is to please those that will never buy the product. It would be fair for Nexon to reveal the people who want the censorship. Is it the ESRB? Is it a certain media outlet? Who is telling them to make these changes?

    I own Hyper Universe (Early Access), and I don't want any changes to the Korean version. Please don't listen to people who will never buy your game.

    This. Although I think not playing the game just because of censorship is also wrong, but I understand this is "more than that". Its to give us players a choice and about the company hearing us. Personally I dont mind about censorship, but seeing how a lot of people wont be playing this game because of that, id rather have it back to the way it was. I hope nexon realizes this and doesnt let this game die just because they censored it for some people who wont even play the game. You'd think after so much criticism the company would comply
    zackdollars
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Zeryd wrote: »
    Although I think not playing the game just because of censorship is also wrong, but I understand this is "more than that".

    People doing so have been figuratively told that their opinion doesn't matter, how can one support that? even playing the game will add up to their concurrent player numbers and help them, which is exactly what these people don't want to do.
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    Posts: 19
    Member
    "I was on a huge hype train until I read about the censorship"

    So you were on a hype train for static ecchi art and not the game?
  • HegokenHegoken
    Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
    Posts: 81
    Member
    "I was on a huge hype train until I read about the censorship"

    So you were on a hype train for static ecchi art and not the game?

    I can only speak for myself when I say that I wanted to support a game that was true to its vision, and was willing to push out very extreme style. The art was definitely appealed to me when I first spotted the art of the characters. Gorgeous illustrations of the characters where muscles buldged, boobs bounced, and badassery ensued.
    To alter or take away any aspect people have enjoyed about the game without even leaving them a choice is not promising. When a solution for both parties is presented and the Hyper Universe admins don't even acknowledge it, that's even more troubling.

    Why can't there be a toggle for the censorship? It's not difficult for Nexon and it's been done before.
    Streizar
  • ArbitraryArbitrary
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    Posts: 30
    Member
    "I was on a huge hype train until I read about the censorship"

    So you were on a hype train for static ecchi art and not the game?

    Don't try and turn this into a flame war. A lot of people were excited for the sexy character skins they promoted, and then watered down. Personally I'd like to see it all restored to original, including the physics. These were part of the game, we enjoy the game as a whole, but they stripped pieces of that away with the censorship. I'm sorry you don't understand, perhaps you could ask people who play LoL why they buy sexy skins like zyras dragon skin where shes half naked? Or ask the makers of soul caliber 2 fighting game, why they added boob physics to their game, and didn't make them static, like many of chests in this game now. Maybe because people enjoy it? Sorry to burst your bubble, but people do enjoy sexiness. Tons of sex in that show game of throwns. We're not here simply for porn, but its like a cooking recipe if you want to look at it this way. T If the makers were baking a game, they might add a certain amount of lewdness for a delicious gaming texture, except to those with a lewdness allergy. It would lose its flavor to extract the sexiness from the game so many people are mad. Idk if I'm getting through to you bud, but I tried.
  • SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Don't respond to trolls. Once the personal attacks start, the thread is going to get locked.
    ArbitraryHegokenKingArthur
  • SelfRighteousSelfRighteous
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    Posts: 22
    Member
    Just change the skin censorship and everyone will be happy. The boob physics had to be changed in regards to some issues with clipping that someone noticed in the Alpha/CBT. As for the actual image changes to Blue Rose, Tatyana, AND Saptielbub (and for those of you who didn't know, Han's secondary skin was also changed), there is not really an explanation as to why these were changed. People claim censorship, but they still have Celine's original art, and couldn't they just censor them the same way they're doing with the skins anyways instead of changing the whole picture? There's a bigger change at hand to the actual image changes than just simple censorship, at least that's the idea I understand.

    Nexon had better not screw up this game due to their refusal to uncensor the art. This game has huge potential and I really enjoy it, but if the small community dwindles as time progresses this game will die off quickly. We already had a rough opening with the AI fiasco, and now people are just blatantly not playing the game based off of censorship. Fix this issue so we can finally move on with our lives and actually focus on the core problems with the game.
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    Posts: 45
    Member
    cause the game is totally unplayable without the uncensored stuff right?

    That's whats driving me insane about this whole censoring issue, dude. Like, who are these people? They're going to skip the game just because that one hero boobs aren't the size of 2 massive moon? What the actual @#$%? How much of cave dweller nerd can they be? Like I said in another post, at this point I just want them to revert the change so that these people can finally shut the hell up, this is maddening man.

  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited September 4, 2017
    The boob physics had to be changed in regards to some issues with clipping that someone noticed in the Alpha/CBT.

    Lies, the clipping issues where caused by them tampering with the models, I remember the CM saying that Athena's hair being stuck on her hips and Blue Rose breasts becoming a mess of poligons during animations was because of their faulty edits.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=_wm1aXOqonM
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=OV0ropckqxw

    They originally claimed they were going to just reduce the breasts animations to lower fanservice levels, but turns out animation is not as easy as it looks so they opted to delete it all together, that's much easier to do.

    How much of cave dweller nerd can they be?
    Is this the extent of your argument?
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    Posts: 45
    Member
    edited September 4, 2017
    Waaaaaaah! The boobs in this game aren't the size of 2 massive moon anymore, this game is completely ruined, waaaaah! That's what you all sounds like and yes that's pretty much the extent of my argument. The game art style is still super sexy and very appealing. If you can't play a game solely because it doesn't have proper boobs jiggling or boobs the size of 2 massive melon I think it's time for you to re-think your life in general. By all means though, don't let me stop you, keep on arguing because it's quite amusing to read.
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Waaaaaaah! The boobs in this game aren't the size of 2 massive moon anymore, this game is completely ruined, waaaaah! That's what you all sounds like and yes that's pretty much the extent of my argument. The game art style is still super sexy and very appealing. If you can't play a game solely because it doesn't have proper boobs jiggling or boobs the size of 2 massive melon I think it's time for you to re-think your life in general. By all means though, don't let me stop you, keep on arguing because it's quite amusing to read.

    Keep going, with all your personal attacks directed towards people that don't share your opinion you are just showing everyone how much of a bigot you are.