Listening to the Fans

HegokenHegoken
Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
in General Chat
This topic is about listening to your fans and supporters, nothing more.

Our actions speak louder than words, and louder than countless posts on their forums.

When a company takes action that causes problems to its original fanbase that was supporting them and bringing their friends into the game, it's up to the fans to share their thoughts on the matter. From then on a good company would listen to them and see how they can find solutions. When opinions of the fans are split, it becomes trickier to please both the groups, particularly when they want different things. In the complications, it's easy for the company to play it safe and come up with a solution of least resistance.

Sometimes these solutions aren't the best, and a better solution is needed. At that point a good company who cares for the fans would find another way, one that would please both groups of fans as much as possible. You can't take one side without hurting the other.

However when a solution that would please both parties is presented, one that meets the demands of both groups of fans, wouldn't it be easier to simply use said solution?

I'm sure the majority of the readers of this would say, "That's easy! use the solution that meets the demands of both groups!" But for some reason that is not the case with Hyper Universe's Admins at this time.

All the fans agreed with the solution and saw that it worked for other companies in the past, and asked for Hyper Universe to do the same. The admins stayed quiet, and they never even acknowledged or mentioned it. The fans continues to do their best to be heard, they took the time to get through to the Hyper Universe's admins. But the admins refused to respond.

When a game company decides not to listen to their fans and supporters, it's a serious problem. If the players who have been supporting Hyper Universe to this point aren't being supported in return, then there's little there for the players.

Why the company refuses to listen to their players, who knows? Are they not worth the effort? Maybe they're support is not wanted by the company?

Sometimes the hard thing to do to be heard from the game company is taking the action to stop supporting them. This is the action I will take should Hyper Universe continue to ignore their fans that care for the game when it goes live. We aren't typing in these forums because we hate the game, we do it because we really enjoy it! We want it to be the best it can be and get as much fun out of it as possible. When we see pieces of the fun slowly get stripped away and we tell them how they can go about it another way, yet they don't listen; that paints a very vivid picture as to what the future holds. Instead more and more piece of it will get stripped away as it goes on.

We all must choose whether or not we support a company that refuses to listen to a solution that benefits everyone. If a company refuses to listen to the fans and you continue to support it, that is your choice and your right. But if you refuse to support such an example, that is your choice and your right as well.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Your actions will show Hyper Universe's Admins the results of their practices.
SirObesityArbitraryQurosDarkside_HeroStreizar
  1. Will you continue to play Hyper Universe if the admins continue to not listen to its community?41 votes
    1. Yes, I will continue to play this game.
       34% (14 votes)
    2. No, I will leave this game.
       66% (27 votes)

Comments

• SirObesitySirObesity
    Hyper Universe Rep: 610
    I do agree with you on this. At first, I was just going to play the game and not spend any money on it. Then trolls came into the picture with their "White-knight" attitude telling people to go-away the community. NOPE, I'm not letting them have their cake.

I'm against censorship because it gradually gets worse. If you saw what I posted in the steam forums, I showed examples of Command And Conquer - Generals.

It always starts with a toe. Then it'll be a whole foot... Then the leg, and then the entire body.

Also those who are pro censorship WHO DON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME, are also invading the thread and causing flame wars, giving mods an excuse to close those down.

I'm actually not cool about this... Because of this, I'm probably going to take a break from this game. Not only that, I'm also going to actively discourage others from picking this game as well.
    ArbitraryDarkside_Hero
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    deja vu ? In all seriousness, Hegoken you know this will most likely be merged into the main thread again right ?
  • HegokenHegoken
    edited September 3, 2017
    SirObesity wrote: »
    I do agree with you on this. At first, I was just going to play the game and not spend any money on it. Then trolls came into the picture with their "White-knight" attitude telling people to go-away the community. NOPE, I'm not letting them have their cake.

I'm against censorship because it gradually gets worse. If you saw what I posted in the steam forums, I showed examples of Command And Conquer - Generals.

It always starts with a toe. Then it'll be a whole foot... Then the leg, and then the entire body.

Also those who are pro censorship WHO DON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME, are also invading the thread and causing flame wars, giving mods an excuse to close those down.

I'm actually not cool about this... Because of this, I'm probably going to take a break from this game. Not only that, I'm also going to actively discourage others from picking this game as well.

To be clear this thread is about a company listening to the fans when a solution is presented to them. There are other threads regarding the subject you described. Here is a link:
    http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/356/censoreship-of-the-game

I do understand where you are coming from. But lets keep this post about what would drive Hyper Universe's admins to not even acknowledge a solution from the fanbase that satisfies all the players. Any thoughts?
    QurosStreizar
  • HegokenHegoken
    Rawrzory wrote: »
    deja vu ? In all seriousness, Hegoken you know this will most likely be merged into the main thread again right ?

I made sure to keep this subject focused on the relation between the fans and Hyper Universe's company, and how the fans are being ignored when the solution was presented to them. It's about Listening to the fans and finding solutions, and nothing more.
    QurosDarkside_HeroStreizar
  • HegokenHegoken
    It seems some acknowledgement has been made by a moderator. This is definitely a step at the very least. This image was taken from a steam discussing of the game.

https://ibb.co/b2qKOa
    QurosStreizar
  • DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    edited September 4, 2017
    Hegoken wrote: »
    It seems some acknowledgement has been made by a moderator. This is definitely a step at the very least. This image was taken from a steam discussing of the game.

https://ibb.co/b2qKOa

Can't wait, really hoping they can expand on that for us sooner or later. Glad to see this finally being acknowledged a little :)
  • HegokenHegoken

Can't wait, really hoping they can expand on that for us sooner or later. Glad to see this finally being acknowledged a little :)

Yes, it's nice they acknowledged it, but it won't matter much unless they take action and decide to implement it. Here's hoping.
    Streizar
  • HegokenHegoken
    I got in touch with an admin, they are going to be in talks of the meeting regarding a certain big topic that's been flooding the forums both here and on Steam.
    This is a good sign. Whether this shows results is another story, but they are indeed talking.
  • QondarQondar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 110
    I got in touch with an admin, they are going to be in talks of the meeting regarding a certain big topic that's been flooding the forums both here and on Steam.
    This is a good sign. Whether this shows results is another story, but they are indeed talking.

If it's going to be discussed internally, that is a good sign! Better than if it wasn't being discussed...

I hope they decide to go in a direction that allows each player to decide for themselves....if they do, my wallet is ready!
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle

q3E1OK7.png
  • HegokenHegoken

q3E1OK7.png

That's pretty funny, lol.
    But the admin I spoke with has been working pretty hard in the Hyper Universe's main forum. And remember that the admins that monitor the forums isn't necessarily the only person who makes the choices behind the scenes. They are the outlets that represent the company and the companies messages. What they are responsible for is how they translate the message to the public, and how they translate what the fans are saying to the company itself.
  • TomatoTentacleTomatoTentacle
    I'm aware that the admin you got in touch with is not necessarily Pex, but I'm also aware that they were not even addressing our concerns until Pex showed up on Steam and Discord and he was the first to state that nothing was set in stone.
  • PexPex
    Hyper Universe Rep: 240

q3E1OK7.png

I love the picture. Truly great stuff. For those who don't know, my Discord icon is Uncle Scrooge.

ArbitraryjobethTomatoTentacleJdog
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    Pex wrote: »

q3E1OK7.png

I love the picture. Truly great stuff. For those who don't know, my Discord icon is Uncle Scrooge.

LMAO, that's prefect!
  • shadowjesusshadowjesus
    Hyper Universe Rep: 260
    edited September 6, 2017
    Good. Maybe you guys will actually worry about, you know, the GAME now and not cartoon tiddys.

Y'all talking about "they're finally paying attention to the fans!!" like someone didn't post in this thread almost immediately saying "We stand by our choice to rework the art".
  • HegokenHegoken
    Good. Maybe you guys will actually worry about, you know, the GAME now and not cartoon tiddys.

Y'all talking about "they're finally paying attention to the fans!!" like someone didn't post in this thread almost immediately saying "We stand by our choice to rework the art".

I've also been commented on game balances and such on the forums as well. And we have players such as yourself to help Hyper Universe with its gameplay and game mechanics further perfect the game. Or have you been waiting for us to start it off?
  • StreizarStreizar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    edited September 7, 2017
    Been lurking you for a while Hegoken, you're doing gods work my son, keep it up. d96.jpg
    ArbitraryQondar
  • HegokenHegoken
    Streizar wrote: »
    Been lurking you for a while Hegoken, you're doing gods work my son, keep it up. d96.jpg

lol I like that pic. That's kind of you to say, but I don't think I'm the only one. The whole Hyper Universe community is in on this. From this site, to Steam, to youtube, to everywhere else. We're all in on this, and want the most fun out of this game as much as possible. At least that's what I think.
  • ChristmasChanChristmasChan
    Hyper Universe Rep: 520

The game itself is fun. Still far too early to talk about balance unless its blatant. The main concern is player happiness. If we cant trust them to keep us happy over something like art then how the hell are they going to keep us happy with balance?.
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    @ChristmasChan

Oh god if art and balance would actually have some correlation i might even play league again xD (i most likely even then wouldn't as the game is so boring T.T ). It is too early to talk about balance yeah, but so far after testing stuff about in the training room we are actually not in a bad spot as it seems. I'm still testing more, but for now it seems pretty alright.

That said that is the last i will post about the art in this thread as i'm trying to respect Hegoken his stand on this being a "not listening to the fans" thread and not about art/censorship. Not condeming you though, but just to make it clear if any admin should read the comments.
    Hegoken