Closed

There is no compromise, thank you all and farewell

HegokenHegoken
Hyper Universe Rep: 1,225
in Archives
I would first like to thank all the players that shared their thoughts and did their very best to voice their opinions and beliefs on the forums, steam and other media.

It would seem that there will be no toggle option to the game, and that they will never make one because it's not what they want. They will try and cover up all sorts of reasons that are blatant lies such as the government won't allow them or other things that are simply not true.

Here is a link:
http://forums.hyperuniverse.nexon.net/discussion/3677/special-message-from-our-developers

They are very kind to claim that they will deal with things by " letting us know of any areas where you encounter inconveniences or see issues." And we have, but that won't change. Even with a perfect suitable solution that would please all the players, they still refuse to fix it. It sounded like a simple solution, but apparently it wasn't simple enough. Toggle options and choices are too much for many game developers these days, why should Hyper Universe be any difference I suppose.

I don't think anyone is surprised with the result. Ultimately the Hyper Universe developers will do what they want, and right not they don't want to please a large portion of their fanbase. I feel bad for the Korean players, it seems North America has even messed with their version of the game...I'm sorry Korea. Had I the choice, I would have left Hyper Universe in Korea only if it had meant leaving the game in its original form.

I very much enjoyed discussing the topic with all of you, and whether we agreed or disagreed on the matter, i thank you all the same.
As promised I'm leaving this game and I'm going to spend the money of Hyper Universe on buying Nier: Automata.

Good luck everyone, and I wish you all well.
HowPlayGaemAbsudelVectStreizarAFKzorQondarChristmasChanTomekPLEdethaSereneThunder
    No results for this poll

Comments

• DualToothBrushesYe4DualToothBrushesYe4
    Hyper Universe Rep: 375
    I'm also confused why they decided not to go along with a toggle option for the currently existing art. I don't believe they ever gave their thoughts on it so far.
    StreizarSereneThunder
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Hyper Universe Rep: 425
    Bye, you will absolutely not be missed. You guys were actually getting really annoying. I'm glad you're all leaving because now the game can actually start moving forward.
    001ofManyjobethTheWhiteLord
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    Hyper Universe Rep: 400
    edited September 8, 2017
    Bye, you will absolutely not be missed. You guys were actually getting really annoying. I'm glad you're all leaving because now the game can actually start moving forward.

This is who you chose devs, people who will actively chase people away from your game for having a different opinion. Have fun watching them shoot the games lifeless corpse.
    StreizarChristmasChanEdethaSereneThunder
  • ShufflinShufflin
    Hyper Universe Rep: 135
    edited September 8, 2017
    Good that you leaving the GAMEPLAY is what most important at least we still have the original character art and they didn't completely decide to change the overall look. The art is not even that bad just a minor change nothing significant at all.

I'm so sick of you people complaining about censorship they not gonna change so its best to adapt or just quit cause these types of things start flame wars that which happen in discord yesterday cause nothing but chaos which lead to them getting mods and it made community such an awful and unwelcoming place.

I wish we have forums rules whoever makes threads cause of this will be locked its best to move on and just deal with what the game is and the gameplay will get better don't let some very small detail ruin it for you cause this is such a great game and the game plays exactly like the KR version is what most people here for.
    squiddlydoojobeth
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo

This is who you chose devs, people who will actively chase people away from your game for having a different opinion. Have fun watching them shoot the games lifeless corpse.

I honestly can't tell if you're trying to troll or just slow.
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    Shufflin wrote: »
    Good that you leaving the GAMEPLAY is what most important at least we still have the original character art and they didn't completely decide to change the overall look. The art is not even that bad just a minor change nothing significant at all.

I'm so sick of you people complaining about censorship they not gonna change so its best to adapt or just quit cause these types of things start flame wars that which happen in discord yesterday cause nothing but chaos which lead to them getting mods and it made community such an awful and unwelcoming place.

I wish we have forums rules whoever makes threads cause of this will be locked its best to move on and just deal with what the game is and the gameplay will get better don't let some very small detail ruin it for you cause this is such a great game and the game plays exactly like the KR version is what most people here for.

Well said. I was also getting sick of those people and their constant crying over nothing and I'm glad they're finally leaving. They won't be missed in the slightness.
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    made community such an awful and unwelcoming place.

Yep, telling people to go away certainly doesn't make the community unwelcoming. Literally it doesn't cause it makes it so there's no community
    HowPlayGaemStreizarEdethaSereneThunder
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo
    edited September 8, 2017

Yep, telling people to go away certainly doesn't make the community unwelcoming. Literally it doesn't cause it makes it so there's no community

Clearly leaving tons of negative Steam reviews to protest some trivial censorship and then constantly bashing the game on various forums because x character doesn't have gigantic and dumb looking boobs is the way to go, amirite guys? You guys were actually the cancer of this game, just leave.
    jobeth
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390
    @squiddlydoo
    right? I find it funny how the people who actually chased people away are claiming the other side did it....i'm not taking sides in this because I love the GAME not just the ART, just pointing out hypocrisy
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect

Clearly leaving tons of negative Steam reviews to protest some trivial censorship and then constantly bashing the game on various forums because the game was censored and the developers have lied to the community, amirite guys? You guys were actually the cancer of this game, just leave.
    ftfy, and I already did leave, refunded the game and everything. So I guess you all can enjoy playing with yourselves.
    StreizarEdethaSereneThunder
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect
    jobeth wrote: »
    @squiddlydoo
    right? I find it funny how the people who actually chased people away are claiming the other side did it....i'm not taking sides in this because I love the GAME not just the ART, just pointing out hypocrisy

Telling someone a game is censored won't make them not play a game unless they are against censorship to begin with, these people are literally telling people not to play the game, if you can't understand why that isn't good for the game then I guess there's no helping you.
    StreizarSereneThunder
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo

Clearly leaving tons of negative Steam reviews to protest some trivial censorship and then constantly bashing the game on various forums because the game was censored and the developers have lied to the community, amirite guys? You guys were actually the cancer of this game, just leave.
    ftfy, and I already did leave, refunded the game and everything. So I guess you all can enjoy playing with yourselves.

Cool story, why are you still here?

Look, it's not that hard, really :
    qdhS2xM.jpg
  • jobethjobeth
    Hyper Universe Rep: 390

qdhS2xM.jpg

you, I like you XD
  • AbsudelVectAbsudelVect

qdhS2xM.jpg

Because you continue to insult me, and I continue to have the right to post here. Every time I post you entertain me with some new sign of your immaturity and willingness to insult me and it helps show anyone who checks later on how toxic the people who stayed are.
    EdethaSereneThunder
  • StreizarStreizar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 185
    edited September 9, 2017
    Gameplay IS important. But the reason to support the game is to support the developers, and if the developers won't listen to it's players, why should their players keep playing? Supporting a company that won't even come to a compromise for it's player base? It's true we can play all kinds of other games, but this one looked interesting and new, the gameplay looked fun, and the art was something that drew us in. If you want to turn people away that have other opinions, that's fine, but it doesn't bold well on you as a person. Just look at the facts, censorship has always had huge consequences and backlash amongst true fans of whatever it is they're following, it's happened in SO many cases, it won't bold well, especially when the game itself survives on it's player base.
    BearilEdethaSereneThunder
  • KenomaKenoma
    Hyper Universe Rep: 145
    I'll be uninstalling tomorrow morning. It's a shame because I really did enjoy the game's art and was beginning to take interest in the lore. Sadly, it seems I was correct in my hunch that the censorship had backing from KR management. Take care everyone and if you're planning to stay I hope your concerns are addressed.
  • QondarQondar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 110
    edited September 9, 2017
    Hegoken wrote: »
    It would seem that there will be no toggle option to the game, and that they will never make one

I guess you're talking about the "Announcement about art changes" from yesterday? Personally, I wouldn't read too much into that. It's only the same thing they've been saying all along, which means, it doesn't change anything. There's never a 'last word' on any matter in a live game (well, until it shuts down). So, they might completely change their minds and restore the original art and physics tomorrow. I've seen game developers reverse "final" decisions all the time.

Of course, given their current resistance, for the time being your money is probably best spent on Nier. From all the reviews and videos I've seen, it sounds like an awesome game, I don't doubt you'll enjoy it!
  • ShakrinaShakrina
    Hyper Universe Rep: 780

No doubt about this... Like GITS First Assault Online. xD
  • RawrzoryRawrzory
    Hyper Universe Rep: 430
    Personally i feel the discussion can be lied to rest for now. As their standpoint on the matter is pretty clear. Although as i can see there are still allot of people who don't agree with it. Then again it's the vision of the original company. We can see that now as the korean version is getting the change aswell and have confirmation on that.

If you don't like the artist his view getting changed ... well thats a thing that often gets done in concept version of the game, so we normally dont really see that process. It's been done in the EA of a already existing game which might make it harder to accept. I'll say it again though the original version is getting the same changes so there is no "better" or less censored version ... there is only one hyper universe and we have it. If you don't like it well ... there are plenty of games i don't like and not choose to play.

Respect towards all the people discussing this the same, but i think it's time to stop beating the dead horse and move on towards any games you will pick over this one. As i'm still trying to get allen usefull to not die in 2 hits while still being able to dish out damage i will be doing that aswell. I will get that char to work even if its the last thing i do on this earth.
  • WillJoestarWillJoestar
    Hyper Universe Rep: 180
    I'm glad all the sjw are gone it's about gameplay first I couldn't care less what clothing character where as long as it's kl, now the game can move on as the gameplay is top notch the real fans of this game will carry on pushing it forward.

That being all said it pisses me off that a few whiners felt uncomfortable and lobbied to the Devs to censor . Turns out it was never the devs but rather a few basement dwellers who can't handle a women physique in all its glory now everyone suffers.. .... But hey it was always about the gameplay not the boob size, looking forward to playing this game for a long time to come. And if this game is coming to console you won't find any of the needy censorship clowns there just a bunch of gamers that want gameplay first. FGC will come out a represent trust fighting game players will love this and we all know the real fighters are on console.

Catch you in HYPER UNIVERSE YA'LL
    Edetha
This discussion has been closed.