- Last Active
- Member, Administrator
To stay updated on all things Hyper Universe, follow us on our social media channels!
See you on the battlefield!
- The Hyper Universe Team
We know that you have all been busy dominating Ranked Mode in Season 1 with Asura but it’s time to up your game. Get your squad together and get ready for the first ever Hyper Universe Tournament of Champions!
Coming in May, Nexon will be hosting the first ever community tournament. Asuna and Disrespect will be casting the tournament live from our Twitch channel for the world to see, so get your game face on!
If you think your team has what it takes to fight their way to the top and take the championship then keep reading. Once you have your team roster filled out and you’re ready, head on over to the "Challonge" link below to sign up and make it official.
See you on the tournament Battlefield, Hypers.
-Hyper Universe Team
Many of you may have had a sneak peak of the Fortress of the Guardians map during Early Access. It was previously debuted as a separate mode in Hyper Universe. This time around, Fortress of the Guardians will be returning as a permanent map that will trigger by chance when queuing for a Random Battle. Fortress of the Guardians is a 4v4 Capture the Point map that's meant to give you a short burst of fast-paced action that will have a completely different feel than Delta Station or Dragon Refuge!
- Objective: 4v4 Capture the Point
- Mode: Rare chance of appearing in Random Battle during Regular or AI match
- A new daily mission called "Daily Crit Bonus" will now appear after completing the Daily Gold mission. This mission will now grant a bonus 500 GP after winning a Fortress of the Guardians match.
- Los Angeles (PDT): April 12 after maintenance (permanently available)
- New York (EDT): April 12 after maintenance (permanently available)
- Sao Paulo (BRT) April 12 after maintenance (permanently available)
- London (BST) April 12 after maintenance (permanently available)
Fortress of the Guardians is a multi-level Capture the Point map. Capturing shrines will reward your team points; you’ll need 100 points to secure victory.
Once the match starts you’ll have 6,000 gold to immediately spend on upgrades for your Hyper. Soon after, a random number of shrines will activate and your team will need to decide which ones to attempt to capture.
In between shrines activating for capture you’ll be able to break urns across the map for permanent buffs. Whether you stick with your team or separate is up to you. Sticking together should ensure a victory at a single shrine, but splitting up could net you more points as you cover more ground.
You also have the option of challenging one of the four guardians of the map for a temporary team-wide buff. You’ll find their icons on the minimap at the top of this post in blue, purple, red and white. The buffs are cumulative and can stack up to four times giving you and your allies a total of 20% increased attack and defense, or 5% per buff.
Tackling this map is going to require team focus and coordination. Does your team have what it takes to conquer the shrines and come out victorious?
See you on the Battlefield!
-Hyper Universe Team
Get ready to cut through the competition with Asura! Asura is an extremely mobile Assassin whose skill with a blade is unmatched. Asura will be added to the game as part of our 4.3 patch on April 12th.
Passive - Merciless
- When landing a critical hit on enemy Hypers at 30% Health or less, does additional Bleeding proportional to the enemy’s Max Health for 4 seconds.
Blade Barrage (A)
- Swings the sword forward continuously, doing damage 3 times.
Void Strike / Lunar Slash (Q)
- [Void Strike] Charges forward, lunging with the longsword to do damage. Pressing the skill key again upon successful attack activates Full Moon Destruction.
- [Lunar Slash] Swings the longsword in half moon shape, doing damage.
Shadow Blade (W)
- Warps behind the nearest enemy in front to do damage.
- Blocks the attack coming from the front. Ignores all damage, restricting effects, and interference effects for a certain time upon a successful block.
- Teleports to nearby enemy Hypers in order of proximity and attacks them up to 5 times. Ignores all interference effects except Grappled while casting and decreases damage from enemies.
Using Asura's Skills Effectively:
Asura is going to get the jump on enemies who think they have the upper hand in a fight. Once you engage with them the fight should be over, one way or another. His best engage will come from Shadow Blade which is an instant teleport behind the enemy unit with a damage component. You can immediately follow that up with Void Strike / Lunar Slash and Blade Barrage for maximum burst damage on a single target. If the enemy isn’t dead or there is a group fight then you’ll want to immediately burn his ultimate, Annihilation. Anything standing after this can be swept up with another Shadow Blade and basic attack. If you find yourself losing a fight you can always use Repulse to buy yourself a few crucial seconds to disengage. Although rare, keep in mind his skill Shadow Blade and Annihilation will both bypass walls for stealthy surprise attacks on your enemy.
Zeta Ion Blade, Breath of Fire, Zeta Protector Armor, Sanguine Blade, Assassin’s Katars, Slaughterer’s Gaiters
Asura is an Assassin through and through. You want to be in and out as quickly as possible. His builds are going to focus around being able to do as much damage in the shortest time possible. You’ll want to stack as much attack and defense penetration (or bypass) as you can. His Zeta Ion Blade will add a hefty amount of attack power while also raising the activation barrier for Merciless to 50% instead of 30%. Zeta Protector Armor will give you additional bonuses when Repulse activates against an enemy while also giving you attack and defense boosts. The rest of his items are meant to help your burst damage output with Breath of Fire, Sanguine Blade and Assassin’s Katars. Make sure to build Assassin’s Katars last so you can take advantage of the full bonus.
Not sure what to build? As always, you can hop into our Discord to discuss itemization with other players.
Original Skin - Blade of Hatred
Recolor Skin - Blade of Vengeance
Mastery Skin - Blade of Fury
Premium Skin - Cyber Ninja
You can blast into the battlefield with Asura for a mere 15,000 GP or use a Hyper Coupon, which you can earn by leveling up and playing games.
Remember: Nothing personal, kid
~Hyper Universe Team
Patch 4.3 is on the horizon and with it comes a content preview video! This week we’ll be previewing the newest Hyper, Asura, as well as giving you the lowdown on the return of a community favorite map!
Stay tuned next week when we bring you the in-depth Hyper breakdown video for Asura. We look forward to seeing you all in patch 4.3!
See you on the Battlefield, Hypers.
-Hyper Universe Team